+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 1007
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

  1. #491
    FORT Fogey xmaskat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,519

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer;3819341;
    LOL well she is no model citizen- she smuggled drugs into the facility, risking everyone there, and she seemed high both times she visited. Her presence seemed very planned to get him out of there- ok they are both ho's!
    I was wondering how they let her in to the facility for the sit down meeting with Tom and Dr. Drew since you could tell she was on something. The previous late night visit she made (when she smuggled in more drugs in Tom's luggage), the staff would not allow her on the floor because she refused the UA test.

  2. #492
    kero kerowyn66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    463

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3819468;
    I was wondering how they let her in to the facility for the sit down meeting with Tom and Dr. Drew since you could tell she was on something. The previous late night visit she made (when she smuggled in more drugs in Tom's luggage), the staff would not allow her on the floor because she refused the UA test.
    They wanted to get her to admit herself to rehab, so they probably let her in for that. I am sure they did search her for contraband first.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

  3. #493
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,941

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Really, why did they bring back the beauty queen? She was horrendous in Sex rehab and according to the blogs of a former member of the cast, Carrie tested positive for drugs while she was there, yet she was allowed to stay. The behavior seemed a bit more subdued in this casting, but I am sure it is all editing....but we have seen that behavior before and it got really boring. If you didn't read the TV GUIDE, there was an article on this show and Drew's comments on the doings of the previous cast. If I dig it out, I will post some comments he made

  4. #494
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    248

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3819672;
    Really, why did they bring back the beauty queen? She was horrendous in Sex rehab and according to the blogs of a former member of the cast, Carrie tested positive for drugs while she was there, yet she was allowed to stay. The behavior seemed a bit more subdued in this casting, but I am sure it is all editing....but we have seen that behavior before and it got really boring. If you didn't read the TV GUIDE, there was an article on this show and Drew's comments on the doings of the previous cast. If I dig it out, I will post some comments he made

    i wish she would talk to me like that. she needs someone to kick her butt

  5. #495
    FORT Fan NEPASue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kingston, PA
    Posts
    360

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;3819028;
    I completely agree. She doesn't want to be there obviously, so someone must have told her she had to go. She hasn't hit rock bottom yet like the others, so she probably doesn't think she has a problem. This is more than likely damage control from Sex rehab.
    The bit with the cigarette packs today was just too much. You know that your behaviour is pretty horrible if Dennis Rodman is rolling HIS eyes at YOU
    I loved it when Lisa (?) called Kari Ann a "dee-VA" (in a very sarcastic tone). Hilarious!

  6. #496
    FORT Fogey Brandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3817840;
    When you are in an inpatient treatment program as these people are treatment happens all day every day. Not just during group.
    That's my point too, though. The people in there are fragile, and Shelley isn't a little sister teasing them but an authority figure. It's the tone in her voice and that weird, huge smile. More than one client has said she seems to taunt them. I don't think taunting and belittling have a place in treatment. I'm gonna have to agree to disagree with a couple others here, on this one.

    Kari Ann is her predictable self. She actually seemed nicer when she was loaded. Detoxing really seems to bring out her worst, if that's possible. She seemed almost reasonable when she was checking in.

    I kinda hope her fellow inpatients give her a reality check during group. I wonder if the fear of that is why she never wants to go. I think one on one, like Mackenzie tries to next week, she won't be hesitant to let rip in return.

    I pretty much think Kari Ann is a lost cause for rehab, though. Maybe she can book next season's Bad Girls Club.

  7. #497
    Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In The Mist
    Age
    35
    Posts
    19,273

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Thats the perfect place for her!!!!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

  8. #498
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,790

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Kari Ann is not appropriate for this level of care.

  9. #499
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,790

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3820054;
    That's my point too, though. The people in there are fragile, and Shelley isn't a little sister teasing them but an authority figure. It's the tone in her voice and that weird, huge smile. More than one client has said she seems to taunt them. I don't think taunting and belittling have a place in treatment. I'm gonna have to agree to disagree with a couple others here, on this one.

    Kari Ann is her predictable self. She actually seemed nicer when she was loaded. Detoxing really seems to bring out her worst, if that's possible. She seemed almost reasonable when she was checking in.

    I kinda hope her fellow inpatients give her a reality check during group. I wonder if the fear of that is why she never wants to go. I think one on one, like Mackenzie tries to next week, she won't be hesitant to let rip in return.

    I pretty much think Kari Ann is a lost cause for rehab, though. Maybe she can book next season's Bad Girls Club.
    The problem is you don't know the context of the comment in the great scheme of their treatment program. I didn't even watch the episode and I can glean there is more context in the 24/7 treatment than what they are showing in the 1 hour a week. If you took any person who works in that kind of facility and took a comment and showed it on tv without showing the 400 conversations that proceeded it it will look like people are being picked on. I used to have people stuck in the pre-contemplation or contemplation phase of recovery. They would still be holding on to some of the manipulative behaviors that all addicts have (which usually starts with a "poor me" story). Yes these people and their recovery is fragile but it would not be remotely appropriate to not remind someone in those stages of recovery how they go there, in a gentle way as it sounds like Shelly did. Actions lead to consequences and if the underlying behaviors are not changing on these people they will face the same consequences.

    And the majority of people in their first shot through treatment are in those early stages of change. Very few coming ready to put the work it. They have ulterior motives.

    People shouldn't be taking this show that seriously as a representation of a real treatment program or real scenarios besides. It is for entertainment. These are people who come to him looking for publicity and get it due to their problems. Did anyone really know who kari ann was before?

  10. #500
    FORT Fogey buttahfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,644

    Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

    i'm sorry, but every fiber of monroe screams "hoe tom picked up off of figueroa"

    Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;3819207;
    I haven't seen any behavior from the girlfriend to warrant being called a "ho." Tom is homeless and living off his girlfriend. I think he is the "ho" in the relationship.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.