+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 101 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

It sounds to me like Shelley was questioning someone who likely isn't very serious about their treatment. I didn't watch the show so I don't know. But addicts need to be confronted about their garbage a lot. A lot of addicts have learned to be extremely good manipulators doing what they have to to pass and saying the right stuff. I'd be surprised if all these guys were not very treatment savvy and know what to say and when to say it. It takes someone like Shelley to jar them out of that pattern and maybe get through.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Ohhh man, did anyone else see the "music video" Kari Ann did called "You and me and Tiger makes 3" ....yikes! Its on TMZ.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by duplessis3;3814927;
    I don't know that Shelly saying that was NOT supportive. Addicts have plenty of "yes men" in their lives telling them that everything is okay, and they will be fine. Sometimes they need straight up honesty. At least all the addicts I've know don't need someone to enable their self pity.

And its hard for us at home to tell how bad anyone is. My impression is that MacKenzie detoxed before she arrived there. I like MacKenzie.
    You hit the nail on the head by saying they don't need people to enable their self pity. A man who has no one but himself to blame for lost royalties due to drug use needs a reality check, not someone else cowtowing to him and playing into his self absorption. Giving someone the truth is sometimes the best, but worst tasting medicine.
    I like Mackenzie, too. She seems to be in a place emotionally, different than the others, maybe more self aware and more educated about the illness of addiction. She's not giving up even though she's been battling it for most of her life. To me, that's something to respect.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

FORT Fogey

When Drew visited Carrie at her house, I was surprised at how nice it was. How does the girl earn her way??? Does she do a lot of x+y+me makes three?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3814755;
    Mackenzie seems to grab camera time any chance she gets.
    Drew wants them to talk during their sessions and interact with each other. I don't blame MacKenzie for that especially since she has zero control over what footage is being shown on the show. I have a feeling that the producers show her more because of those crazy revelations (relationship with her dad - eww!) she made in her book since Dr. Drew mentions it all the time even though she purposely chose not to discuss it on camera. This group is pretty tame and boring except for the psycho moments Joey and that rocker dude had. Even Dennis is behaving relatively well. I have a feeling with Kari Ann back in the house, they won't be focusing in on MacKenzie much any more unless its with Kari Ann attacking her. It will become the Kari Ann show for sure just like Sex Rehab was. Ugh!

Does anyone remember the moment I was referring to, though? Mike was all positive and happy about a song. He wasn't making excuses about drugs, or even discussing anything to DO with drugs. It struck me as mean spirited. (Shelley) Save that crap for group, when someone's stonewalling. Peeing on their parade is toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3815538;
    Ohhh man, did anyone else see the "music video" Kari Ann did called "You and me and Tiger makes 3" ....yikes! Its on TMZ.
    Other than losing her crown and being in rehab, is videos the only thing this kid does? Not even good ones at that.

By the way if that is her new haircut and it is not just pinned up...it makes her face look boyish and does not suit her at all.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3817757;
    Does anyone remember the moment I was referring to, though? Mike was all positive and happy about a song. He wasn't making excuses about drugs, or even discussing anything to DO with drugs. It struck me as mean spirited. (Shelley) Save that crap for group, when someone's stonewalling. Peeing on their parade is toxic.
    When you are in an inpatient treatment program as these people are treatment happens all day every day. Not just during group.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3817757;

Absolutely have to disagree with you. I remember the scene. Reminding someone NOT to screw up is not mean spirited.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3817844;
    Absolutely have to disagree with you. I remember the scene. Reminding someone NOT to screw up is not mean spirited.
    I agree. And if I remember the scene correctly, I think Shelly made the comment with a smile. I think she was gently reminding him to stay clean.

+ Reply to Thread