+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

FORT Fogey

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

I did get to see the show today. I had to watch it with the sound muted and close captioned because there was noise in the house. What I noticed was that when Mindy and Lisa spoke badly of their mothers, the word "mother" was bleeped out. Anybody know why? I figured it had something to do with defaming the two women.

Heidi , McK , Joey and Mindy seem to want and need to change their lives, Dennis is being the ass I always thought he was, Lisa is in some denial, reminded me with the smile of Kari Anne in the last show. Mike is just such a sad person. I imagine Kari and Tom will be arriving next show. The combination of Kari with the other three women should be interesting

Clearly Mindy lied about being on other medication considering she ends up going into a seizure (sp?) during withdrawl time (2-5 days). That's sad.... they may have been able to help her medically so that would not have happened if she would have come clean on exactly what she's been putting into her body on a daily basis.
    Yup, with donuts!!

People can have seizures when they go through withdrawal from numerous substances. I didn't watch the show so I'm unclear on how her seizure is proof of another substance being used. I've personally watched people 3-5 days into withdrawal from alcohol having their first seizures. It's not always immediate.

FORT Fogey

^^^ yep. Plus, withdrawal can be unpredictable, with several possible side effects from each drug, and each person reacting differently.

During her interview, she stated she drank, but not everyday and took xanex as needed, but not everyday. I have gone through withdrawl from prescription drugs so I know exactly how it is different for each person and it always depends on how much and how long it has been used. I was just stating she didn't give all of the facts to the doctor during the exam in the beginning. She kept claiming she was entering rehab because she's co-dependent (sp?) and wanted to quit picking people to be in her life who were addicts.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Okay, but you said that obviously she didn't tell the doctor everything she was on at the beginning since she had a seizure.... that's what we were responding to.

I finally watched the show today and boy Dennis was making me so mad. I wanted Dr. Drew to threaten to kick him out of the program and let him go to jail. He clearly doesn't want to be there and get help. I also didn't know he was married with kids. Seeing Joey from the Real World made me kind of sad because I remember seeing him have to go to rehab when he was on his season. I also can't wait to see what Heidi's reaction will be when she finds out Tom is coming.

The clients detoxing as part of their treatment process is one of the reasons I question their treatment center. They do 28 day treatment. You can't effectively do treatment with someone who is in withdrawal or detoxing off of chemicals. So now you have 2 weeks for people who are detoxing there (or more depending on the drugs they are using and coming off of) and that leaves about 2 weeks of valid treatment for them to be had. They should be detoxing and then moving forward with 28 day treatment after they have detoxed. So the clients can have a full treatment experience not 2 weeks or a handful of days.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3791522;
    The clients detoxing as part of their treatment process is one of the reasons I question their treatment center. They do 28 day treatment. You can't effectively do treatment with someone who is in withdrawal or detoxing off of chemicals. So now you have 2 weeks for people who are detoxing there (or more depending on the drugs they are using and coming off of) and that leaves about 2 weeks of valid treatment for them to be had. They should be detoxing and then moving forward with 28 day treatment after they have detoxed. So the clients can have a full treatment experience not 2 weeks or a handful of days.
    All you guys who tell us how it should be, you're probably right. . . in the real world. But this is TV. Entertainment. This is what the celebrities sign up for. They obviously want the exposure and the money they receive. And they're getting a limited amount of treatment in a compromised setting. Yes, that's true. But again, this is TV, and this is not a private treatment experience.

The only one who doesn't fit this pattern is Dennis Rodman. He is either deserving of an Emmy for great acting, or he really doesn't want to be there. If that's the case, then he's the only one who didn't sign up for this minimalistic help program -- but what kind of judge would selelct a televised treatment program like this, (that clearly has less chance of helping him) above all others, to send him to?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3792241;
    All you guys who tell us how it should be, you're probably right. . . in the real world. But this is TV. Entertainment. This is what the celebrities sign up for. They obviously want the exposure and the money they receive. And they're getting a limited amount of treatment in a compromised setting. Yes, that's true. But again, this is TV, and this is not a private treatment experience.

The only one who doesn't fit this pattern is Dennis Rodman. He is either deserving of an Emmy for great acting, or he really doesn't want to be there. If that's the case, then he's the only one who didn't sign up for this minimalistic help program -- but what kind of judge would selelct a televised treatment program like this, (that clearly has less chance of helping him) above all others, to send him to?
    That's a good point. Makes one wonder about Rodman's presence on this show at this time. Really court ordered? Who knows.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread