+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 101 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3788760;
    I don't know if I will watch it, it will make me sad to see Joey still a mess.
    Oh man, I remember Joey from RW/Hollywood. Didn't he actually leave RW to go to Rehab?? Sad.

Waittttt. Tom Sizemore and Heidi Fless....didn't that have a relationship, a BAD relationship....now they are on this show together.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3788644;
    Here's the list from Wiki:
    Mackenzie Phillips - actress
    Mindy McCready - country music singer
    Kari Ann Peniche - beauty queen and subject of a Playboy pictorial
    Lisa D'Amato - model and TV personality
    Joey Kovar - alumnus of The Real World: Hollywood
    Tom Sizemore - actor
    Heidi Fleiss - famous American madam
    Dennis Rodman - basketball player
    Mike Starr - former Alice in Chains bass player

Considering the fact that Heidi Fleiss had a restraining order against Sizemore for domestic violence, I'd say this has disaster written all over it. Add MacKenzie Phillips, Kari Ann and Dennis Rodman to the mix and it's an official train wreck. The rest of cast will only make Lisa look normal.
    Edit....sorry, just re-read Critical's mention of Tom and Heidi.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

yes, he did, he wanted to get clean for his siblings to get them out of a bad situation..... he really seemed like a great guy with a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3788147;
    Sure, but remember, this is a TV SHOW! And the participants are paid to be on it. The participants don't expect any confidentiality, how could they? They know they're being watched every moment by cameras and millions of people. And it's meant to be entertaining. It's not like we're sitting and watching a private therapy session.

And having said all that, I agree that these shows are educational, and I also think that they have raised people's consciousness a bit, in the sense that people with similar types of addictive problems can identify with the participants, and perhaps see that things are not hopeless, that there is help of some kind available for them.
    Any type of treatment needs confidentiality. Without it, people are likely to lie or withhold information. Also, to have to relive these moments or have others know very private things is just damaging. It goes against every bit of training I have ever had about treatment. I'm not exactly sure what people think they are learning from this show but I am pretty sure it is all wrong. This show shouldn't serve as education to anyone. It really misrepresents what treatment should be.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3789122;
    Any type of treatment needs confidentiality. Without it, people are likely to lie or withhold information. Also, to have to relive these moments or have others know very private things is just damaging. It goes against every bit of training I have ever had about treatment. I'm not exactly sure what people think they are learning from this show but I am pretty sure it is all wrong. This show shouldn't serve as education to anyone. It really misrepresents what treatment should be.
    Sad to say, but I feel this show is basically for entertainment purposes. The celebraties on this show are being paid and they know they have cameras on them. Their problems are real, but I feel they are still "performing". For many of them, this is not the kind rehab they need. As much as I like Dr. Drew Pinsky, I can't see this type of rehabilitation lasting very long, especially those with major, major problems.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

This is a very sad show.

What is wrong with Heidi's mouth? Botox gone bad???
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3789122;
    No one should watch this show thinking it is representative of treatment experiences ever. The only reason to watch this show is for entertainment purposes only.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3789549;
    This is a very sad show.

What is wrong with Heidi's mouth? Botox gone bad???
    I watched an HBO documentary on Heidi starting a new "stud farm" business in Nevada. Heidi talked about having had her lips injected, and some other cosmetic surgery. Can't remember what they were, but there were a few things she "had done."

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Both Heidi and Mackenzie look like crap. They should just give a picture of those two to people and say "This is what drugs will do to you." Its sad.

I use to love Dennis Rodman when he played for the Bulls. But wow, that guy is in so much denial. I hope Drew is able to get him to have a couple break throughs.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Regular

Gonna be crazy with Sizemore and fleiss on it. Have you seen some of those documentary type videos with Sizemore smoking Meth? BAD. Supposedly they did meth together.

Mackenzie frightens me.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

+ Reply to Thread