+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

While I agree....I still wish the best for him. Its a real shame and very sad. I still think of him as Kenickie on Grease, which is one of my favorite movies. So cute with a bright future. Its too bad. I hope he gets well.

How many times should he be allowed to take a place on the rehab floor that could be filled with someone who even remotely (at first) gives a hoot??? IMO, he's as abusive as his gf.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Imo, as many as it takes. Doesn't mean it should be televised though. Everyone has the right to be clean and sober. I understand he has to want it....so of course....he shouldn't be paid for it. It should be of his own will.

And I completely agree....he's very abusive.

He needs a higher level of care than Dr. Drew and that facility can provide to him. It would be most ethical and responsible for him to be referred to a higher level of care instead of keeping him there.

The thing is Jeff doesn't want to stop doing painkillers. Until he wants to stop and live with his back pain, he won't ever get clean.

Jeff was so excited to be home with his best friends, pills and booze. It was so sad.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Justjuls, you are right. Everytime he asks for help he should get it. However, it is beyond frustrating when someone like him does not ever mean to live free of pills, he just wants another 15 minutes and reality show check. I think the next time he inquires, he should be told it won't be a "celebrity rehab" environment, it will be a major one for his brand of addiction.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I work in the field and agree that if Jeff asks he should get treatment. In fact I strongly believe if that state has civil commitments that he be committed to an intensive in patient treatment program. I like the show because it shines a light on the reality. But I dont' like the show because it seems like they take people into that treatment facility that should be elsewhere. Steven adn Gary both should have been someplace that dealt with TBI's because your typical cognitive behavioral therapy isn't going to be as affective for people who have a hard time processing information, feelings etc.

Jeff needs to be some where way way more intensive and so does Shifty. I mean really what did he do this last run on show. He sat on the roof got blasted in front of everyone and spent the rest of the time detoxing in front of everyone and not getting any meaningful treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3267968;
    Justjuls, you are right. Everytime he asks for help he should get it. However, it is beyond frustrating when someone like him does not ever mean to live free of pills, he just wants another 15 minutes and reality show check. I think the next time he inquires, he should be told it won't be a "celebrity rehab" environment, it will be a major one for his brand of addiction.
    ITA with you mom2

He should be given help but no more "reality TV pseudo rehab" nonsense.

If Jeff is serious about getting clean he needs to receive intensive therapy in a controlled setting.
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares... why is there a song about him?

The sad thing is that I believe Vicki was really on her way to sobriety but until she splits from Jeff, she will remain a drug addict.

+ Reply to Thread