+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

I'm soooo sad to read about Steven...there was something so sweet and childlike about him when he was sober and you could see that he was a good person...it just breaks my heart to read that he's fell back into old ways.

I only watched sporadically on the first season but I DVR'd this season so that I wouldn't miss an episode.

I was very impressed by Rodney King and hope that his road to recovery goes well.

As a diehard longtime fan of Rod Stewart, it was interesting to watch Sean. Such a goodlooking fella and with a seemingly tender heart. I hope it wasn't his dad who was the root of his problems.

Being the AI fanatic that I am, it was shocking to see Nikki and how she had changed physically and how she constantly twitched and moved around. I hope she can get her life back on track.

I will be sure to watch Sober House too........not a big fan of Andy Dick's so we'll have to see how that goes....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I'm not sure of civil commitments in CA but Steven certainly needs a lot more help than sober living. In some of the "Intervention" episodes the people are sent to rehab for up to a year. It takes a lot of adjusting to living sober after living high for most of your life.
    I can't stand Andy Dick and I hope he's not just trying to get exposure on the show. I am really rooting for Amber, Sean and Rodney King. The new show should be interesting.

Lots of people go to inpatient treatments for much longer than 28 days or (21 in this case) because they need some really intensive treatment. And then they go on to serious aftercare and outpatient treatment and at the same time as that do a halfway house/sober living thing too.

As much as I like Dr. Drew it's not realistic for a long of these people with very serious drug/alcohol problems to get clean after 21 days in treatment some of which is spent detoxing and not doing meaningful treatment activities.

I feel awful asking this, but has Steven Adler had a stroke?" I really didn't know who he was, now I do know...but I have wondered if he has had some medical problems besides his addictions..

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Yes, I believe he had a stroke and possibly a head injury too. I know they told us on the show, but for some reason I have forgotten exactly what happened.

He had a stroke I know for sure which I think he equated to Gary's head injury at some point because his stroke affected his impulse control and like areas I believe.

This is what Steven's wiki page says:
    In 1996, Adler suffered a stroke and was briefly comatose after taking a particularly potent speedball, a cocktail of heroin and cocaine used intravenously; he later suffered a second stroke. He survived, but now lives with a speech impediment as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant;3256439;
    AJane
    The Canadian episodes are one week behind.
    I was stunned watching Jeff kick Vicki. More stunning was what he was yelling at her, she had no home to go to. In essence, she either puts up with his crap or she is out on the street. So we have her kicking him in the back five times (while they were high)and him kicking her in the chest (while he was sober). This behaviour is not likely to change. So very, very sad. I only tuned into this season to see how Jeff did. I don't care anymore.

I totally agree with your post...

Out of all of them I found Jeff and Gary the most annoying, obnoxious.

But...That said.....I can cut Gary some slack since he does have brain damage but Jeff is just horrible and needs to grow up and get serious about his addiction problems.

I think Dr. Drew should give Jeff some tough love or put him on a different program, no more reality TV pseudo treatment.

I really think that for Jeff the whole "reality show" atmosphere is the exact opposite of what he needs because it feeds his "drama queen" tendencies and only encourages him to "act up" and be an idiot for the cameras.
    I also think it may cause him to minimize in his own mind just how much of a problem he has and how he needs to get clean NOW because he won't be around much longer if he continues down his current path.

at any rate... much like you val123... I don't really care anymore after watching him kick Vicki in the chest and rant/rave like a lunatic.

I know Vicki can be annoying too and has her own problems but Jeffs behavior was completely uncalled for and disgusting.
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares... why is there a song about him?

I agree about Jeff, Lostgirl. He's another one that needs some serious, not 21 day, treatment away from lights cameras and Vicki.

Remember this was all because Jeff was not feeling well and Vicki left him to go to the club with the others. He felt abandonned. But after three weeks without drugs there is no excuse for his behaviour. Sorry Vicki, you need to find another place to live.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

+ Reply to Thread