+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 101 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

I hope its a better Sober Living house than the one they showed on the show.....that place was kinda scary!

I read that Steven Adler was busted recently for drugs so I don't think Sober Living worked for him. What happens to Amber's mother now? Is she going to be homeless? As far as what I could see of the Sober Living house they showed, I didn't think it was that bad, I just think that these are spoiled celebrities that are used to living nicely. Honestly, was it that bad? It looked messy but it didn't look decrepit or anything that bad. Was it? Like I mentioned, I really couldn't tell through what I could see on the television.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Oh no! I really wanted Steven to work it out.

I imagine that Ambers mom will stay at the Rehab until her time is up and then I'm sure a sober living would be offered to her too? I don't know.

No, the place wasn't THAT bad. Just dark, messy, lonely. It wouldn't be somewhere that I would want to be to try to be sober, thats all. I'd want somewhere light, homey, clean.

The Sober Living house shown in the previews for "Sober House" was not the same house that they toured. It looked very nice. I am sure they had to get something more upscale -- after all, these folks are "celebrities", and the show is being filmed in the house.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3254624;
    IMO, Jeff was happy that he was kicked out of the center. He went straight for the drugs when he arrived home and when he commented that the "pain was gone", what he really meant was "I'm high". I think Vicki was struggling and she would have gone anywhere that Jeff went. He will never change and she will never leave him. They deserve one another. They're a sad pair.
    I actually felt sad for her. She almost looked like she was uncomfortable while Jeff got high. It's really impossible when there are 2 addicts/enablers in a relationship. I was really sorry that she chose to go home.

I hope it goes well for all of them. However, the previews show that it'll be a rough ride.

Judge orders Steven Adler to more rehab

2 days ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler is going to spend more time in rehab.

A court commissioner in Los Angeles agreed Friday to place Adler in a state-sanctioned drug rehabilitation program and keep Adler out of prison.

Adler's court appearance came a day after TV audiences watched him graduate from a drug-treatment program that is the focus of VH1's show "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew."

Adler missed a court appearance last week, but told the court on Friday that he had been in another rehab program that he completed just earlier in the day.

Los Angeles police arrested the rocker in July. He was charged with felony drug possession and a misdemeanor count of being under the influence of drugs. Adler will remain on probation while he tries to complete the state program.
    I found this story written by the AP two days ago. It really makes me sad cause I was hoping he'd make it.

The sober house they go to looks really nice and is lead by Jennifer Gimenez.

Mary Carey and Andy Dick are also going to be in the house apparently. The previews made me really sad....
    Last edited by Bridget Jones; 12-22-2008 at 02:31 AM.

I haven't seen the finale yet - don't know if I missed the original broadcast or if the Canadian ones are lagging behind - but I watched the second-last episode last night and commented to my husband that if Steven has really been using since age 11, that's 32 years of substance abuse. How can that possibly be erased after twenty-some days in rehab? I always feel awful watching Steven - he very much reminds me of an old friend who had a severe substance abuse problem - but realistically I don't see him remaining sober. I hope he at least manages to stay in programs as long as possible.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Steven needs way more therapy than he's had. He has to let go of the pain of his childhood in order to get rid of the need to abuse drugs and alcohol. I really hope he gets the help he truly needs without friggin cameras around.
    Yup, with donuts!!

AJane
    The Canadian episodes are one week behind.
    I was stunned watching Jeff kick Vicki. More stunning was what he was yelling at her, she had no home to go to. In essence, she either puts up with his crap or she is out on the street. So we have her kicking him in the back five times (while they were high)and him kicking her in the chest (while he was sober). This behaviour is not likely to change. So very, very sad. I only tuned into this season to see how Jeff did. I don't care anymore.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Steven needs some serious, intensive and long term inpatient treatment. Do they do civil commitments in California for addicts where they can be committed to treatment but not as a result of legal problems?

+ Reply to Thread