+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Steven was the one I thought would be a crude and rude rock n roller, but he seems to be a caring and funny guy when he's clean. I hope he can stay that way.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I love Steven! I love how he hugged Dr. Drew and the other guy (forget his name...he works there). Steven seems really sweet and caring and like he COULD have a really great life. I hope he stays clean.

FORT Fogey

I feel sorry for Steven. Until his mom takes responsibilty for the things she does, he will never get over the anger.

And certainly never over his addiction.

Did Gary really push Jeff? I couldn't tell from the footage on the show. I really didn't like the way he chased after Sean and tried to manhandle him. He really has no impulse control.

The more I see of Steven, the more I see an hurt little boy, not a grown-up. His mom obviously has no interest in admitting she did anything wrong, especially in front of the cameras. She seemed like one of those people who appears very nice but is also a good manipulator.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3239903;
    Did Gary really push Jeff? I couldn't tell from the footage on the show. I really didn't like the way he chased after Sean and tried to manhandle him. He really has no impulse control.
    I couldn't tell either. I thought Jeff really overreacted. Jeff is really beginning to annoy me with his childish behavior. He doesn't want to get clean, he is doing the show for money. I am so tired of hearing him scream and cry like a baby. While I feel for the back pain he has, there are many people that are suffering and don't behave like a spoiled little brat. He needs to grow up, dump Vicki and start acting like a grown man.

Scarey Abusey needs to take a chill pill or something..

He drives me nuts... and him flipping the boat was the last straw... why did they even let him drive the boat? He's NUTS... Dr. Drew should have had a staff member on each boat doing the driving... what if someone can't swim very well or what if the boat hit you and knocked you unconscious?

Geeeeze I never would have thought that anyone could make Tawny Kitaen look sane but Scarey Abusey and Jeff have managed to do so.
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares... why is there a song about him?

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3239958;
    I couldn't tell either. I thought Jeff really overreacted. Jeff is really beginning to annoy me with his childish behavior. He doesn't want to get clean, he is doing the show for money. I am so tired of hearing him scream and cry like a baby. While I feel for the back pain he has, there are many people that are suffering and don't behave like a spoiled little brat. He needs to grow up, dump Vicki and start acting like a grown man.
    That really annoys me about him too. My mom just had a knee replacement that should have been replaced 5 years ago when she tore her ACL but they just repaired the ACL instead and she has been living with unbearable pain from that on top of having arthritis in her other knee and then a deteriorating back disorder along with a hip that was broken but never healed 20 years ago. The woman is only 61 years old but she hobbles around like a woman much older. All of this and she never complains and has a phenomenal attitude and hardly will take any pain meds at all except for aleve before bed and before her physical therapy. Not only this, but she volunteers (not now because she's rehabbing from the surgery but her heart is still there) several hours a week to work at a pregnancy crisis center (run by the catholic church so very pro life of course ). I find her incredibly admirable to endure this without complaint so I'm not very sympathetic to Jeff because of his back injury which, while painful, cannot be any worse than the pain my mother endures while holding our entire family together and cooking and cleaning and taking care of grandkids...the list goes on. I also don't feel sorry for him because if he really wanted to get clean he would stay there and do yoga and physical therapy and stay as far away as possible from that crazy girlfriend of his.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Not to defend Jeff (because I honestly don't believe he is ready to get clean and is only doing this for publicity). But many addicts go through their entire addicted life not feeling any pain because of all the stuff they're on all the time. Normal people (and I use that term relatively) gain some tolerance to pain and figure out ways to cope with it because we have to do it all time. He has no coping mechanisms for pain because he hasn't had to actually deal with it before and any little pain can be a huge shock to a person who has never had to deal with it. It's hard to explain.

As a former addict I can say that once you are on the pain meds, your pain actually gets worse. I can't explain it, but it's true. It took me nearly 6 months of being sober for my pain level to actually go down. I am still disabled and still have pain but it really isn't nearly as bad as it was when I was popping pain meds like candy for 10 years. Jeff has only been sober for a month or so and that still isn't enough time for his fat cells to let go of the medication. It could take a year for him to be able to tolerate his pain level fully and move past it. I used to want to go to the doctor when I was trying to stay off meds because I knew they would just give me another prescription for the meds and send me on my way. I now do not go at all no matter what unless I find myself unable to move and even then I'll say I don't want any narcotic pain meds for the pain.
    Yup, with donuts!!

As a former addict I refuse all pain meds. Which makes it really difficult to get treatment. When I was using I felt no pain. I wanted to believe I was in pain but I wasn't it was my brain telling me I needed to get another fix instead of actualy feeling pain. I got clean and felt everything and then gained a pain tolerance as my body got used to this idea of pain.

But now if I go to the ER and refuse any pain meds, even after telling them I'm a former addict, they will usually take what is going on with me less seriously. I broke my ankle not long ago and because I wasn't screaming or begging for drugs no one really took me seriously until they got the xray back.

+ Reply to Thread