+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 101 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3233863;
    I'm not sure if I believe Tawny's story. I remember from Surreal Life she's a chronic liar. Anyone have opinions on it?
    That's interesting that you say that because while my mom and I were watching it my mom immediately said that she didn't believe her. My mom was molested by her uncle and she's really perceptive and is pretty accurate at guessing when people have been molested or are molesters. There was a man in our church that my mom was convinced was a molester and the pastor thought she was crazy and 5 years later there was a big scandal that he had abused some kids at the church. Then, 20 years later it happened again with another guy at another church but the in the same city and same denomination. This time my mom kept her mouth shut except to us so none of us were surprised when it came out but the church was in a major uproar. Not just our church but all the churches in the area and not just our denomination. A little off the subject but anyway...It was also a little weird that it started out with Nicki telling her story and Tawny jumped in the middle of it making it all about herself and causing a big drama.
    Last edited by stacerace; 11-15-2008 at 07:31 PM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Stacerace - Wow! That makes sense.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I really don't understand why there is any reason to not believe Tawny/Julie. It makes sense to me with everything that has happened in her life....the choices she's made. It makes me think....no wonder people don't want to tell...people don't believe them.

FORT Fanatic

If she was 11 and the cousin was 13, is it still molestation?

It's sexual violence regardless of the age of the people involved.

FORT Fanatic

I am not minimizing her painful experience in anyways. I am trying to understand what happened. There is a big difference between a teenager taking advantage of a vulnerable girl and a sexual predator. That is why there are laws protecting minors.

I didn't want to imply that I myself didn't believe her. I was just stating that my mom didn't believe her and she's really perceptive about that kind of thing. I don't know one way or the other and wouldn't have questioned it if my mom hadn't said anything. I still think it's weird that she railroaded Nicki's story and made it about herself. But some people are just self centered that way. And yes, whether the kids were the same age or not I think it still can be considered molestation.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Long time lurker

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3235264;
    I didn't want to imply that I myself didn't believe her. I was just stating that my mom didn't believe her and she's really perceptive about that kind of thing. I don't know one way or the other and wouldn't have questioned it if my mom hadn't said anything. I still think it's weird that she railroaded Nicki's story and made it about herself. But some people are just self centered that way. And yes, whether the kids were the same age or not I think it still can be considered molestation.
    I thought it was a little self centered when she made it about her instead of letting Nicki tell her story but that also could be editing. We don't really know the timing.

It was self oriented but we also don't know the extent of any mental illness she may have and what all is going on with her.

I'm inclined to believe she was a victim of sexual violence. I have been a victim of it and had to face all those people saying oh no it didn't happen it's a horrible thing to go through. Very few people report being victims due to that kind of thing.

I work in the chemical dependency field and you'd be amazed how the process of getting clean can bring up all those latent feelings and memories. I just went through this with two men who just admitted to being survivors of sex violence. And a couple weeks ago I went through it with a couple of women.

Quote Originally Posted by keri1971;3236552;
    I thought it was a little self centered when she made it about her instead of letting Nicki tell her story but that also could be editing. We don't really know the timing.
    I would chalk up the abruptness to editing. But if not, I do think that Tawny was just overcome with long repressed emotions that she was unable to control any longer rather than being self centered but then again, I don't know her at all.

Normally, I disdain Jeff's whining but when he broke down sobbing, I could relate as I had back surgery a few years ago and the pain (and hopelessness) is relentless. Worse even than having children imo. Thank God, surgery completely fixed my back and I hope some day that Jeff finds the same relief. I just hope he dumps Vicki before she lashes out at him again!

I thought Stephen was so sweet to comfort Dr. Drew when he collapsed in the chair (did he say he was having a stroke?!). I also think Rodney is very sweet and comforting to others.

+ Reply to Thread