+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 101 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

I remember that Stephen mentioned that he had lost the use of his right arm after his stroke so I thought that his feeling came back. My dad had a stroke and was paralyzed on one side, believe it or not he has complete use of that side, now. It came back rather quickly, maybe after a week or two. I think they caught his stroke in time.

Quote Originally Posted by MargaritaHour;3231995;
    I've seen videos of Bobby Brown and interviews from the past and he did not look like that whenhe sang or talked. It's almost as if he's "chewing the cud" while he's talking now. Just weird. Not a jutting jaw, or malformed mouth...it's only when he talks. I've seen the question asked many times as to what's up with his mouth and most people come to the conclusion that he's got mush mouth from smoking too much crack, but I've also read speculation that he has had a mini-stroke.
    I really don't rememember Bobby Brown enough from the 80's to know if he had that jaw or not but I just know that people can have jacked up jaws that have nothing to do with drugs or strokes that they were born with. My cousin is a crackhead and he doesn't have a jaw like that but he has lost most of his teeth. He actually used to be movie star handsome with dimples to die for and now he's just gross. It's kind of sad
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

I watched pasrt of "day 4" yesterday. Gary really went off the deep end now that he is aware that he is just another patient...but the person you amazed me is the girl from AI. She was gorgeous on the show.... a little heavy on the make up but her face was striking. I didn't recognize her now. I mean addiction apparently really age a woman...but Tawney looks like her slef but a little more worn out.....but this girl looks 40 and she can be more than 25.

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3232002;
    I really don't rememember Bobby Brown enough from the 80's to know if he had that jaw or not but I just know that people can have jacked up jaws that have nothing to do with drugs or strokes that they were born with. My cousin is a crackhead and he doesn't have a jaw like that but he has lost most of his teeth. He actually used to be movie star handsome with dimples to die for and now he's just gross. It's kind of sad
    Crack is a demon, that's for sure. One of my friends dated a guy who got caught up in the world of crack and he went from being a muscled, handsome stripper (which is WHERE he got his first taste of crack) to homeless, living off of the charity of friends and the few family members who would still speak to him, weighing about 130 lbs, horrible skin...just so pitiful.

I'm not sure if I believe Tawny's story. I remember from Surreal Life she's a chronic liar. Anyone have opinions on it?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3233863;
    I'm not sure if I believe Tawny's story. I remember from Surreal Life she's a chronic liar. Anyone have opinions on it?

Which story do you mean, bug? I don't remember her saying anything that out of the ordinary for an addict.

Also, I think when she was on The Surreal Life she was still using, because she seems like a much different (and improved!) person on this show.

The story about being sexually abused as a child. I think she has come a long way from where she was when she was using, I just feel like her stories and such are acting. I could be wrong, maybe living in Cali makes me a bit more jaded to celebrities and their "true" life.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I like Tawny a lot more now than when she was on Surreal Life.

Stephen's story about his mother (she doesn't deserve this title imo) choosing the stepfather over him and throwing him out at 11 is incredibly sad. What's wrong with some people?!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3233877;
    The story about being sexually abused as a child. I think she has come a long way from where she was when she was using, I just feel like her stories and such are acting. I could be wrong, maybe living in Cali makes me a bit more jaded to celebrities and their "true" life.

I work for a rape crisis center, and Tawny's story is pretty typical, the self-blame, the shame, keeping the secret for years, etc. And the really awful part is, when they finally do tell someone they trust, they aren't always believed.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3233863;
    I believe part of her story but what I find weird is that she was dating OJ Simpson after he was released from prison after being acquitted for murdering his wife but she says she has been married for over 20 years. I don't think she is honest but I have a feeling she thinks she is being honest. IMO, she has deep rooted problems. Anyone who changes their name that young on their own, is hiding something.

+ Reply to Thread