+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 101 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

FORT Fanatic

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Gary Busey is there as a "participant" or he can't do the show. I thought he ws delusional on fit club, but somehow all his spirituality seemed to work there.

This group may actually be in worse shape than the first group. Their stories and addiction are tragic

I get the feeling as more celebrities become public with the rehab, the worst cases will be soming out.

As for Vikki, she has a long way to go however, considering her attitude last year, the fact that she is in the rehab is a huge step.

I watched the rerun of the premiere just now -- great! Gary Busey is even more annoying than Jeff, though. I hope Dr. Drew can get through to him that although he can "inspire" and "motivate" the other patients (which is questionable enough, given his in your face personality), he is still an addict and a patient there. The fact is, he's still using marijuana (medically or not) and taking prescription drugs, some of which were classified by Shelley as "contraband", so although he did kick his cocaine addiction, he's not what I would classify as clean and sober.

This will be an interesting season!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3223036;
    I watched it again and I now believe that Gary was initially supposed to be a patient because why would they take away his "contraband?" Amber is addicted to a substance known as suboxone which is a drug that supposedly treats patients with opiate addictions. I am thinking it may be similar to how methadone is to heroin addicts in that they are treated with another addictive drug. I really feel bad for her, that mother of hers is really a piece of work, isn't she? What mother does that to their children? Just like the AI contestant whose mother died from an alleged overdose, who does drugs with their kids? Disgusting! I know some of you are going to say "ewww" but, there is something about Dr Drew that I find attractive!!!
    Not me, I love Dr. Drew. Every time he wears his tight black t-shirt I swoon.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3223278;
    Not me, I love Dr. Drew. Every time he wears his tight black t-shirt I swoon.
    I don't know if I swoon, but he definitely looks nice in that shirt!

Busey is a frightening hot mess along with Tawny Kitaen. Her girls are about 12 and 15 now. Does anyone know if she has custody or did she lose her children along with her last marriage? Their stories are pitiful. How do you wake up one day and find your life in the toilet like this?!? These are some messed up peeps!

FORT Fan

I am addicted to this show even though I'm just horrified as I'm watching it. I can't imagine how people can live lives like this but again, I don't know since I've never been through what they've been through. It's all just sad. I can already tell that I'm going to be annoyed by Sean Stewart....he doesn't seem like he really cares. And I'm so sad with the condition that Steven Adler is in! I loved him in Guns N' Roses!

I don't know who is worse Gary Busey or Jeff Conway? These two men both look like death warmed over.

FORT Fogey

I caught pieces of it yesterday when they did the encore. I did see the last 2 (?)seasons and am somewhat more concerend with these people. Of course, Jeff is just so sad...this must be the only income he has...though heaven knows between him and the girlfriend, they must blow away at lot of money on drugs.

I didn't know some of those people and the ones I did know were pretty low on the celeb scale....not sure I can stand watching that kind of misery.

I'm glad that Vikki is actually in rehab. I agree that it's a big step for her but I think she's a nutbag and will always be a nutbag. I was horrified when I heard that she kicked Jeff in the back 5 times Provoked or unprovoked that is dispicable to do to a disabled person. he already has enough problems with his back. He's had like 5 or 6 surgeries in the last year. I think that Jeff could actually get on the road to being OK if he got rid of her. I don't think anything could make her OK though. I think she has a mental illness. She strikes me as bipolar. My sister-in-law is bipolar and they are similar. I had to spend an entire day with her one day and she nearly had me crazy and pulling my hair out! I don't know how my brother lives with that person I'll tell you how. He drinks and has become a total alchoholic, that's how.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3223419;
    I'm glad that Vikki is actually in rehab. I agree that it's a big step for her but I think she's a nutbag and will always be a nutbag. I was horrified when I heard that she kicked Jeff in the back 5 times Provoked or unprovoked that is dispicable to do to a disabled person. he already has enough problems with his back. He's had like 5 or 6 surgeries in the last year. I think that Jeff could actually get on the road to being OK if he got rid of her. I don't think anything could make her OK though. I think she has a mental illness. She strikes me as bipolar. My sister-in-law is bipolar and they are similar. I had to spend an entire day with her one day and she nearly had me crazy and pulling my hair out! I don't know how my brother lives with that person I'll tell you how. He drinks and has become a total alchoholic, that's how.

Jeff just had another surgery within the last few weeks before this rehab, so her kicking him makes it even worse.

+ Reply to Thread