+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

from the promo I saw a while back on ET, Gary Busey was supposed to be a "guy who used to use drugs, look at me now", until Dr. Drew found out he was using medicinal pot and declared him then to be a patient.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Of course he needs rehab if he smokes pot for the headaches he gets because of his skull having been smashed open on the curb!! Sometimes it drives me nuts to see Dr. Drew force these celebs into rehab just for ratings. I don't doubt he has a problem but I also know the only alternative he has is to take pain meds and look where that got Jeff.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3222851;
    I saw that Jeff was back and that Gary Busey was also a resident. I didn't realize Busey was an addict, I figured he just had major brain damage from his accident.
    I didn't know it was back on! What time/day?

Thanks!

It's on Thursday nights at 9pm VH-1, right after Survivor! I watched last night and the show is disturbing to say the least. The guy who was the drummer for Guns and Roses says he took 100 valiums and drank a 5th of alcohol, how is he still alive? And I feel so bad for Rodney King, he seems really addicted to alcohol, his body was twitching all over the place. Rod Stewart's son doesn't seem serious about rehab at all, he is there for the exposure. As far as Gary Busey, I think he was brought on as a mentor but he is so far out there, I don't know anyone who would consider him a mentor for anything, maybe as a reason NOT to do coke! Wow, that's all I have to say about this cast, wow!!! Jeff Conway reminds me so much of Willem DeFoe, anyone else think so?

I feel sorry for the model, I think her name is Amber. When she starts detoxing from all those prescription opiates, she is going to be so ill.

I think Gary Busey is very unlikeable. If he said "I'm a participant, not a patient" one more time, I was going to start drinking.

I watched it again and I now believe that Gary was initially supposed to be a patient because why would they take away his "contraband?" Amber is addicted to a substance known as suboxone which is a drug that supposedly treats patients with opiate addictions. I am thinking it may be similar to how methadone is to heroin addicts in that they are treated with another addictive drug. I really feel bad for her, that mother of hers is really a piece of work, isn't she? What mother does that to their children? Just like the AI contestant whose mother died from an alleged overdose, who does drugs with their kids? Disgusting! I know some of you are going to say "ewww" but, there is something about Dr Drew that I find attractive!!!

FORT Fan

I like this cast much better than the last one, however, I'm not sure how long I will be able to take Jeff Conaway again. He drives me nuts and for some reason I just have a hard time feeling sorry for him, or rooting for him. I'm not sure how Gary Busey got into the show, but it seems like he was asked to "participate" which could mean being a mentor or being a patient- depending on the intent? I laughed when Amber said "I'm not going to follow the advice of someone crazier than me" It was uncomfortable watching Gary and there were quite a few cringe worthy moments for me.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3223036;
    I know some of you are going to say "ewww" but, there is something about Dr Drew that I find attractive!!!
    ITA! Dr. Drew is hot in a nerdie sorta way

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by usschmidt;3222848;
    Is anyone watching Season 2? I didn't know about it until I saw a post on another board about it.
    I just found about it now - after joining FoRT!

I will be recording this later today - I can't believe I missed it. I'm sure I'll catch up though, they always replay shows.

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleMom;3223076;
    I just found about it now - after joining FoRT!

I will be recording this later today - I can't believe I missed it. I'm sure I'll catch up though, they always replay shows.
    Yes, I need to look up the full schedule as I watch Gray's Anatomy Thurs. at 9pm so won't be able to catch it then.

+ Reply to Thread