+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler;2805954;
    Now I'm starting to feel old because soon people will have no idea who the Brady Bunch cast are.
    Sorry. The Brady Bunch was in syndication when I was a kid, but I was never a fan...

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee;2806809;
    Here in CA we got the episode when they all went to Catalina. Is everyone up to that episode yet? I don't want to discuss it before everyone has seen it because of spoilers and all.
    I've seen that episode where they went to Catalina. Ricco is a jerk. I'm glad Dr. told him that jumping off the boat was something 14 year old boys usually did.He shoudl have gotten arrested IMO. I don't think this guy is serious at all about getting better, his ego is too big.

FORT Fanatic

Ricco is a jerk
    rico is.............scary.

It's hard not to feel for some of these people. I especially find myself sympathizing with the women for the most part. I felt for Mary when she was doing the ballet, you could tell she took a walk down regret lane thinking about what could have been. Jamie when she was so mouthy that episode. I have a strong feeling that was all about her family coming. I remember seeing an interview with her where she spoke of supporting her family and the pressures she had to bring in money even after the roles stopped coming. If I remember correctly it was also her family who caused her to be fired from Family Matters in the first place, making demands for screen time and quite possibly money as well. I'm quite impressed with Bridget and worry about Chyna keeping that wall up (no pun intended). This is probably the one celebrity reality show that doesn't come off as an attempt to garner more fame.

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;2809695;
    I've seen that episode where they went to Catalina. Ricco is a jerk. I'm glad Dr. told him that jumping off the boat was something 14 year old boys usually did.He shoudl have gotten arrested IMO. I don't think this guy is serious at all about getting better, his ego is too big.
    I agree. One of the major themes of sobriety is being responsible for you actions. The producers shouldn't have interceded with the Harbor police. He broke the law, he should have been arrested. Especially since the crew told him it was against the law immediately before he did it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;2810512;
    I agree. One of the major themes of sobriety is being responsible for you actions. The producers shouldn't have interceded with the Harbor police. He broke the law, he should have been arrested. Especially since the crew told him it was against the law immediately before he did it.
    i totally agree with you. i think the message that came across in this episode is that if you are a celebrity, you can get special treatment. i wonder if dr. drew agreed with the producers interceding on ricco's behalf. seems to me that ricco can use the excuse that it was his "evil" side coming out so he doesn't have to be responsible for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsessence;2811491;
    i totally agree with you. i think the message that came across in this episode is that if you are a celebrity, you can get special treatment. i wonder if dr. drew agreed with the producers interceding on ricco's behalf. seems to me that ricco can use the excuse that it was his "evil" side coming out so he doesn't have to be responsible for his actions.
    He seemed to have a big problem with listening to authority and impulse control. It appeared to me that he jumped off JUST BECAUSE the guy told him not to. I only heard the guy tell him "don't do it" - did Rico not completely understand the WHY he wasn't supposed to jump off (i.e, lots of boats, propeller blades, getting sucked under)?

[QUOTE=ClosetRTWatcher;2811593;]He seemed to have a big problem with listening to authority and impulse control. It appeared to me that he jumped off JUST BECAUSE the guy told him not to. I only heard the guy tell him "don't do it" - did Rico not completely understand the WHY he wasn't supposed to jump off (i.e, lots of boats, propeller blades, getting sucked under)?[/QUOTE]

No..but he did understand that it was against the law and the Harbor Patrol could arrest him. I think that was more than enough information for him to understand the word...NO. I believe that money talks and that's why the producers pleaded with them not to arrest Rico. It's all about the show... and if they lose celebrities, they lose the interest of the viewers and if they lose the interest of the viewers..they lose the interest of the sponsors, etc.....

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2811593;
    He seemed to have a big problem with listening to authority and impulse control. It appeared to me that he jumped off JUST BECAUSE the guy told him not to. I only heard the guy tell him "don't do it" - did Rico not completely understand the WHY he wasn't supposed to jump off (i.e, lots of boats, propeller blades, getting sucked under)?
    Rico was told several times not to do it and that he was at risk of being arrested. i would think that anyone could see that it would be dangerous.......kinda a no brainer. I really don't care WHY he did it.........dude should have been arrested period. recovery involves taking ownership for your actions and Rico was allowed to get away scott free. no wonder he feels he has no control over his "evil" side............

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax1;2798248;
    Although Joanie seems to be denying being a drug or alcohol addict (or having ever used steroids), I seem to remember something. In the previews for this show before it ever started, does anybody else remember a shot where she says clearly that she was "definitely a pill popper" or something like that? I'm sure she said something like that. Maybe it's just taking her a while to open up?

My brother remembers her from wrestling days and says he is almost sure she was on steroids....he said she was so big that she could not have got that way from anything else, not even exercise. I dunno....

lily
    Does anyone else remember after Anna Nicole Smith died, Chyna was interviewed on Larry King Live about her and she was soooooooooooo freakin' out of it!!!! Nothing she said even made sense!! She was totally on something!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread