+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

FORT Fan

Re: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky

The new guy is a cocky idiot. I don't blame the others for their reaction to him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by adriansmommie;2775934;
    The new guy is a cocky idiot. I don't blame the others for their reaction to him at all.
    I would have reacted exactly the same way everyone else did. I was yelling at my TV when he had the nerve in group to say that his drug use doesn't affect his kid. Um, hello? Didn't we just see a video talking about how his actions (and those of his girlfriend) got his son taken away? Don't you think drugs had something to do with that? What a delusional jerk.

I find the whole show pretty depressing, especially Jeff. The scenes with him just falling apart (wait, that's pretty much every scene) should be required viewing in anti-drug lectures.

At this point, the only reason I watch the show is Dr. Drew. I started listening to him on Love Line eons ago (we're talking early 80s when it first started on KROQ), so it's kind of weird to see him famous now. He still looks great at almost 50. Plus, I just love the smart ones.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I wonder how long the new guy will last before he gets booted out for his behaviour. He seems like the type of person who will never obey rules.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

It was funny seeing Daniel Baldwin back tracking and trying to cover himself because of his behavior with Mary Carey. He didn't like the cameras there when she invited him in the pool but he tried to use them with his whole "I respect my wife" speeches.

How many of his package pictures are probably out there for all to see? If I were Mary, I'd have sent the pictures to everyone I knew....tee hee
    Yup, with donuts!!

I saw what I think was the most recent episode (I'm not sure)

Someone here mentioned it seems like they keep showing the one with Jeff and William Baldwin yelling at eachother. I agree. I'm a channel surfer so if I watch it - it's usually by accident.

For the people who posted on here about being in recovery congrats to you.

As you know, it's a life long deal. No cure.

I get so ticked off when doctors throw medications out like candy. I personally went through hell years ago after my daughter was 5 months old I just woke up one day and felt like I couldn't move. Having never experienced depression I was freaked out. I was very young. I called my doctor who I'd been seeing and trusted since I was 11 years old. He said I had PPD and he'd give me a non-addictive drug that would cure it called XANAX.

That was January 1987. I did not take it as prescribed and ended up having a seizure that almost killed me (I went down a flight of stairs with a bad seizure) ended up in the hospital and then had to go to a "rehab" to get off that crap. It was a hosptial called Mcleans. (spelling might be off there)

They were tough but, they helped me so much I never touched those pills again.

I probably could have sued but, I did not. I don't consider myself a drug addict but, anytime I find out someone is taking that particular drug I wonder how they can without becoming addicted.

On a lighter note, the woman in charge in the last episode did seem to show a softer side (Shelly I think her name is) Maybe she is new in the field and who wouldn't be nervous on television. Tough job and I have to give credit to anyone in that field because they obviously have to deal with a lot of BS.

two of my girlfriends burn out here and there (they are in the addiction field)

Whomever asked about what rehab is or isn't like.....well it's not like they show on this show. Not where I was anyway.

What peeved me was the first day when they are all wrecked they are all over the place. In the real world, you are seperated if you are under the influence. And outbursts of anger are not tolerated. Not in a good facility anyway. I won't be watching anymore. It's all for t.v.

I still love Dr. Drew (especially in the black tee)
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Around here you have to detox in a detox facility before moving over into the treatment program. Many of them want a clean UA before you get in. So I think it's interesting to have someone like Jeff or Shifty there detoxing where then younger people can see.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2774756;
    I thought that guy's girlfriend was the only non-clinic-worker with any sense. There was an exchange between that guy and his girlfriend that went something like this:

GUY: That clinic lady didn't think my story about our car wreck was funny.
    GIRLFRIEND: That's because it wasn't funny.
    GUY: But my friends all laugh when you tell it.
    GIRLFRIEND: That's because your friends are all scum.

It was funny and sad at the same time. I hope he gets a clue and some new friends when he gets out of rehab. That story he told about the wreck was horrendous His girlfriend seemed like she deserved much better.
    Yeah WHAT A LOSER he is...a guido wanna-be (he's Hispanic, I believe!). At any rate, I can't stand him. What an ego and YES his g/f deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by aramcobrat;2769301;
    Wow, I really, really dislike the new guy Rico. He is so arrogant and obnoxious. Can you believe that story about thinking his girlfriend was dead, so he moved her body over to make it look like she was driving? He didn't try to revive her...nope, he started doing body maneuvers in the wrecked car. ugh!
    And his eyebrows are driving me crazy. They are super-sculpted - way more than any of the girls even have theirs. I have this problem with noticing something like that on someone and then being unable to focus on anything else when I see them. So now, I can't see anything other than he weird eyebrows when he's on the screen.
    He is an arrogant azz...also, LOL the eyebrows...maybe he's a bit metro? ROFL!!!

Glasses-Wearing Samurai marvolomaven's Avatar
    Miyagami High School Student Council Dormitory

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2776125;
    :At this point, the only reason I watch the show is Dr. Drew. I started listening to him on Love Line eons ago (we're talking early 80s when it first started on KROQ), so it's kind of weird to see him famous now. He still looks great at almost 50. Plus, I just love the smart ones.
    I'm with you. I had the biggest Drew crush back in high school (in the days of Poorman - ugh!). It is strange to see him with his own television show and it's amazing how great he still looks and that his is as level-headed and empathetic as ever. I'd have been ready to smack Jeff silly on day 1.

+ Reply to Thread