+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Miss America Reality Check

FORT Fogey

Miss America Reality Check

I haven't watched a Miss America pagent since I was a kid. My memory parades 52 confident, drop dead beauties in front of it, not a group of overly made up, politically antique, kids who lack self esteem, common sense and a good hair cut.

When I was young I actually thought the states searched for the beauty to represent them. I am older and wiser now and have learned that each of these girls has come up through the pagent ranks from Miss Kroger as a career choice. Where pagent entering leads reamains a mystery and I am fine with that. Best not to know.

Getting make overs is a grand idea, they certainly need it. Is it possible in this day and age that young women are out of touch with current hair styles and make up application? How did that sweet, plain little thing become Miss Vermont? Why is a 19 year old wearing 80's hair? Will they figure out what 'less is more' means? Stay tunned if you have nothing better to do.

Re: Miss America Reality Check

I had nothing better to do and watched it. It was 'ok'. Cute. I watched it mostly for the gent on Ugly Betty....
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly;2742508;
    I had nothing better to do and watched it. It was 'ok'. Cute. I watched it mostly for the gent on Ugly Betty....
    That's the main reason why i want to watch it, except that I missed it! argh! Will it rebroadcast? Hope so!
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by DeafChulo;2742530;
    That's the main reason why i want to watch it, except that I missed it! argh! Will it rebroadcast? Hope so!
    It is a series and you only missed the first episode if they don't repeat it. It will be entertaining once it gets going and we get to know them more. They are in desperate need of make overs. It will be interesting to watch the pagent after this show to see how many stayed with the advice they are going to get.

A stylist, a photographer and another woman (?) aim to help them look current and get rid of the typical pagent hair, heavy makeup and goopy gowns.

They singled out the top and bottom three and will do that each week. Top three being the ones most on track and the bottom, of course, in the most need of their help.

They aired it again today at 2:00 and I watched. It's pretty good. Here's where it was filmed. A beautiful location ~ Hummingbird Nest Ranch.

WELCOME _Hummingbird Nest

I'm keeping my Bachelor sleuthing skills in check during the down time.

I enjoyed this show and am wondering how they are going to change from plastic pageant look to edgy 2000s look. I thought it was funny when the girls heard that and most of them had that panicked look of "I grew up in pageants and don't know any other style!"

Should be interesting because of that alone.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Is this show replacing the Miss America pageant? I was thinking it was as the pageant has lost the last two networks on which it appeared. Does the audience get to choose the eventual winner?

The guy from Ugly Betty is hilarious so I might try to watch the next episode.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I think this show is leading up to the Miss America pageant, roses4me. The girls are doing this "Reality Check" for awhile and then the actual pageant is going to air on TLC. The show is kind of like a boot camp to get them ready for the big night.

I actually liked this show. Michael Urie is wonderful. I love him on Ugly Betty and I like him on this show too.

I can't believe Pennsylvania forgot the flag on the first episode. Way to represent our state! She was in the panel's top 3 though at the end of the episode. I really like the military girl (was that Utah?)

I think this show will be fun and I'm going to keep watching. It doesn't hurt that Stacy and Clinton showed up in the first episode either!
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2743159;
    Is this show replacing the Miss America pageant? I was thinking it was as the pageant has lost the last two networks on which it appeared. Does the audience get to choose the eventual winner?

The guy from Ugly Betty is hilarious so I might try to watch the next episode.
    It said something about picking the final, what, 16 or so for the pageant, but not the eventual winner.

It was kinda cute, actually.

When does this come on? What channel?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast