+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Miss America Reality Check

FORT Newbie

Re: Miss America Reality Check

Yea I agree roses, the pictures on the site doesn't do them justice. I just took the 'swimsuit poll' and I have to tell ya - their pictures made me feel a little bit better. It's nice to know that not all Miss America's have to be stick-figure-don't-eat-for 3 months-type of girls. It's more about the whole package rather than just looks. Did you guys watch 'Countdown to the Crown' Friday?

Anybody else vote for the four to go to the final 15? I gave two votes to Hawaii, one to California and one to Georgia, if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3287748;
    Anybody else vote for the four to go to the final 15? I gave two votes to Hawaii, one to California and one to Georgia, if I remember right.
    I gave all four to Hawaii, I want to see her talent - Tahitian dance. I also like the other two you voted for. I like Miss Hawaii's personality. Anyone watching the show tonight on the east coast?

I got the winner's name from a few news sources, but I won't post it yet. They did say it was her state's first Miss America win ever and she was from the group chosen by the fans.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3288234;
    I got the winner's name from a few news sources, but I won't post it yet. They did say it was her state's first Miss America win ever and she was from the group chosen by the fans.
    I am watching the show now from the west coast. I did figure out what was happening with a google on news sources. This contest has changed some since my youth, but not as much as they are trying to portray.

I missed all but the finale. How far did Hawaii go? At least one of mine got first runner-up. I don't remember the winner on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3288270;
    I missed all but the finale. How far did Hawaii go? At least one of mine got first runner-up. I don't remember the winner on the show.
    Hawaii made Top 10.

I wanted California to win so badly since she was representing my home state. I also liked Georgia for some reason, so I wanted her to come in 2nd. So when Georgia was announced as the first runner-up, I was like, "Alright, now Cali just has to win." But then she lost, and I was like, "Damnit."

Indiana won, which I guess is good because judging from roses4me's post above, she was representing a state that hasn't found much success in this paegant.

I didn't watch the reality show that came along with the pageant, but I'll plan to watch next year's because I think it would be a good thing to actually know a couple of them while watching them strut their stuff on stage.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

If you go to MSNBC (link below) click on the "Images" for the pageant. You'll see one of the finalists, Miss Tennessee, giving the winner a strange look. I don't know if it's nasty or just weird.

Miss America 2009

The winner, Miss Indiana, deserve the title, although I always like to see my home state of California win.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Miss Hawaii's Tahitian dance was great, but I don't think the judges appreciated her skill & talent if that is what knocked her out of going higher than the top 10. It is interesting to note that Miss Indiana was voted in by the fans, and that is who won. It was definitely more entertaining to watch the pageant after watching the Countdown to the Crown.

For the second year in a row, I was disappointed in the winner. Last year, I was irritated because they chose a girl that was the very definition of a pageant girl after spending the whole reality show saying that wasn't what they wanted. This year's winner was a beautiful, more relevant girl, but I didn't like how the show tried to foist her off on us the whole time. It was like they had her pegged as the winner from the beginning of the show and kept pushing her as the best of the best. It was annoying.

[begin rant] Oh, and Miss Hawaii was robbed!!! HOW could she have not moved on after that really cool talent?? But some of those sad, too-old ballerinas and out-of-tune singers moved on??? What the hell? I was furious about Miss Hawaii not progressing. Her talent was the most unique and well-executed out of all of them. [/end rant]
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread