+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Miss America Reality Check

FORT Fogey

Re: Miss America Reality Check

They went slightly less traditional with their winner, MI, and I think she'll do a great job. I was hoping they'd really rip the band-aid off, and go with WI or WA. Also, I wish the the two strongest talents, CA & WI, would have made the Top 5. It would've given more credence to the 35% talent score.

I wonder if they allowed the judges to discuss the contestants if the outcome would have been different? I think MI was probably near the top of everyone's list because of her consistency, and that's how she won. But if the judges were actually talking to each other about the competition, I think we would've ended up with a different result. Not saying UT or AK's chances would have been any better, but I do think an even more modern girl would've been chosen.

MI is a good step in the right direction, I look to see the pageant with an even edgier choice next year.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;2771976;
    They went slightly less traditional with their winner, MI, and I think she'll do a great job. I was hoping they'd really rip the band-aid off, and go with WI or WA.
    I would have liked to have seen Wisconsin or Washington take home the crown, as well. And was surprised so many dresses still had sequins and beads. It's like they didn't take the time to make the change with that piece. And most of the talent outfits were horrid! . . . Wonder what the Miss USA pageant will do to change their image this year?

I was really disappointed that Miss Alaska wasn't even in the semi-finals. To me, she totally embodies everything that they said they wanted. She is definitely edgy and different. I like that she's quirky and doesn't have a bland personality (like Rhode Island and sadly, Oklahoma). Oh well, it was still a lot more fun this year than it has been in the past. This is actually the first time I've watched in probably 10 years. I hope they continue this format and extend the reality show longer so that we can be familiar with all of the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by charity;2772003;
    I would have liked to have seen Wisconsin or Washington take home the crown, as well. And was surprised so many dresses still had sequins and beads. It's like they didn't take the time to make the change with that piece. And most of the talent outfits were horrid! . . . Wonder what the Miss USA pageant will do to change their image this year?

To be fair many if not all the girls had their dresses made before filming began in November. I imagine not a lot of them could afford to shell out even more money for another evening gown. Those dress cost between 1,000 and up. I think the last reasonable priced evening gown was a 350 dollar dress worn by Kimberley Aiken.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;2773414;
    This is actually the first time I've watched in probably 10 years. I hope they continue this format and extend the reality show longer so that we can be familiar with all of the girls.
    I think the reality show peaked interest. I know I tuned in at the beginning of Miss USA because I had seen the show and I could recognize the contestants. The cheesy format of having a lounge area lost me and I changed channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler;2778789;
    I think the reality show peaked interest. I know I tuned in at the beginning of Miss USA because I had seen the show and I could recognize the contestants. The cheesy format of having a lounge area lost me and I changed channels.
    You must not have been paying attention because the pageant was Miss America. Not Miss USA.

I heard that the pageant reality series of Marc will be picked up again for next year and there will be more episodes!! The Powers that Be Listened to our suggestions and will be adding 2 to 6 more episodes so that they will be able to focus on more girls.

FORT Newbie

Is anyone watching the Miss America pageant this year? The reality series airs again tonight! Did anyone catch the premiere?

Quote Originally Posted by DreamingOnMJ;3271402;
    Is anyone watching the Miss America pageant this year? The reality series airs again tonight! Did anyone catch the premiere?
    I watched some of it. It didn't catch my attention like it did last year, but it was OK.

Some of the girls right off the bat I did not like. But I'll watch it again to see if maybe I just was in a bad mood that night.

I did like the idea where they had to speak for a minute on their platform and then -- surprise -- on aliens. The outer space type. Unfortunately, that was the part I missed. Darn real life.

I started watching, but fell asleep. I first noticed Miss Missouri and my state's Miss California, but other than those 2, no one really stood out. The website for TLC has some voting you can do now just for fun and then there's the online voting during the show. The pictures they have don't do justice to a lot of the girls.

See you all for the next episode.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread