+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Miss America Reality Check

Re: Miss America Reality Check

I'm not too happy with the winner, although I have family in that state. I was rooting for Miss New Mexico or Miss Wash DC. The winner tonight is just the same as all the others in the past. boring..........

Thanks for posting all the spoilers, I didn't want to stay up too late to watch the finale.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Fogey

She was my pick from my initial look at the contestants on the site, but I agree about her being extremely generic and boring. I only caught half of the second-to-last minute of the pageant, though, so I'll have to see how I liked everyone.

I'm still quite content with the top 5. They were all outstanding, really. However, the second runner-up should've won.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2771381;
    I'm not too happy with the winner, although I have family in that state. I was rooting for Miss New Mexico or Miss Wash DC. The winner tonight is just the same as all the others in the past. boring..........

Thanks for posting all the spoilers, I didn't want to stay up too late to watch the finale.
    I'm the same (I liked NM, WA, the military chick and Alaska). Once I heard who won, I didn't watch. You are welcome. looking for spoilers helped me watch Doctor Who and Trading Spaces with Page back.

Premium Member

well I liked the winner because I live close to that state so congrats to the winner and good luck.

FORT Fogey

I agree with those who are disappointed. Michigan had pageant hair and a pageant costume for her song.

I think Indiana had this in the bag until the question round. She blew that. I didn't know that Brittany's sister worked with kids. A better answer would have been not to fire her but to change her position or hold her job until the baby is born so she is not working directly with children to avoid glamorizing her situation.

I wasn't that dazzled with Indiana until I saw her last night and for me she was head and shoulders above the rest. She had the best talent, refreshingly different. My other choice was Miss Washington, liked her song too.

I liked the new tone of this pageant and maybe others will follow suit eventually.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I'm from Michigan and she's cute, but she did not stand out to me and that dress...oh my heck!!!! and the dress for hr talent...what was she hiding up that thing? A dinosaur??? She is pretty, and did not stand out in any way to me. I LOVE Miss Wisconsin, and wished she'd won. The killer, for me, was that Miss Indiana was told on Reality Check to change her dress. She chose not to and came in second. I think that shows us how much the organization really wants a change. We will have the "New Miss America" look go buh-bye in a year, or so and probably the whole thing after that. Which is a darn shame.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2771676;
    I'm from Michigan and she's cute, but she did not stand out to me and that dress...oh my heck!!!! and the dress for hr talent...what was she hiding up that thing? A dinosaur??? She is pretty, and did not stand out in any way to me. I LOVE Miss Wisconsin, and wished she'd won. The killer, for me, was that Miss Indiana was told on Reality Check to change her dress. She chose not to and came in second. I think that shows us how much the organization really wants a change. We will have the "New Miss America" look go buh-bye in a year, or so and probably the whole thing after that. Which is a darn shame.
    I am from Michigan too, so I am partially happy that she won. Indiana's dress was unfortunate but I don't think another would have changed the outcome. I think they score each section independantly, then eliminate. She made the final 8 so it had to be the question round.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I meant Miss Washington when I said I wished for another winner. Duh.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2771754;
    I meant Miss Washington when I said I wished for another winner. Duh.
    Yes! Loved her too. Either Indiana or Washington would have been good.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2771774;
    Yes! Loved her too. Either Indiana or Washington would have been good.
    I wanted WA as well. But she made top 5, so that was good at least.

+ Reply to Thread