+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Miss America Reality Check

FORT Fogey

Re: Miss America Reality Check

I really love Miss Michigan, Miss Illinois, Miss Arizona, and Miss Virgina. Miss Alaska really reminds me of Rachael Ray.

I really don't know what the stylists were thinking two episodes ago (even though I only saw part of that episode), as they made most of the girls look much older with those cuts.

I thought they looked more modern and less like Ivana Trump in the eighties.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Last night Miss Iowa won the Talent Prelim and Miss Rhode Island won the Swimsuit prelim in their respective groups. For those that don't know they split the states up into three groups calle Alpha, Sigma, and MU. One night Prelims are Tuesday, Wed, and Thursday Each group is assigned to do either Talent, Swimsuit and Evening gown and On stage Quesion in cocktail wear. Last night Alpha competed in Talent, Sigma (I think) competed in SS and Evening wear, and MU competed in On stage question. Tonight the groups rotate. GO MO!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenofitall;2766469;
    Last night Miss Iowa won the Talent Prelim and Miss Rhode Island won the Swimsuit prelim in their respective groups. For those that don't know they split the states up into three groups calle Alpha, Sigma, and MU. One night Prelims are Tuesday, Wed, and Thursday Each group is assigned to do either Talent, Swimsuit and Evening gown and On stage Quesion in cocktail wear. Last night Alpha competed in Talent, Sigma (I think) competed in SS and Evening wear, and MU competed in On stage question. Tonight the groups rotate. GO MO!!
    Is this being televised?

I freaking love this show. First of all, I can't resist a makeover anymore than I can resist a stack of chocolate. Secondly, I love seeing them take these brainwashed pageant girls and turning them into real people. Delicious!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2766494;
    I freaking love this show. First of all, I can't resist a makeover anymore than I can resist a stack of chocolate. Secondly, I love seeing them take these brainwashed pageant girls and turning them into real people. Delicious!
    I agree! I wish each show was 2 hours so we could see more of the contestants. I would love to see the before and after shots. They really should have put those on the website.

Oh, that would be awesome to see all the makeovers! The main issue I have with the show is that they are so busy following the story arcs of the drama queens (Miss Alaska, Miss Florida, et al) that they don't show enough of the other girls. If I were from another country watching this show, I'd think that Rhode Island was the only state in the Northeast. I would love to see more of Miss Kentucky, too, but she's always just a blur in the background.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I'm irritated they didn't give us all a good look at our homestate's makeover, before/after. Oklahoma has taken the title 2 years in a row, but other than being in the bottom 3 the first night she's invisible. Most others are as well, and I'm tired of constantly seeing certain ones over and over. Last time I checked, the airwaves do reach all 50 states and not just a certain few.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2766493;
    Is this being televised?
    Unfortuantely not, and it is one of the most important and cool parts about the pageant.

If a person wants to watch the prelims they have to shell out the bucks to the MAO to order the prelims.

I agree that they should show what is happening with every girl not just their favorites. But I remember that in the original show, the viewers only saw the finalists from every level. It's the same, just more modern and week to week. That I don't like.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

+ Reply to Thread