+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Miss America Reality Check

Re: Miss America Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2744030;
    It said something about picking the final, what, 16 or so for the pageant, but not the eventual winner.

It was kinda cute, actually.
    I'm correcting myself here. I heard the commercial again and it said pick ONE of the final 16. (apparently by going to the show's Web site and voting)

I LOVE this show, and had no idea they had a web site. Off to google it so I can vote for Miss KY!!!!

I was surprised at miss ILLINOIS gall to turn down the stylists.

Quote Originally Posted by baked tater;2750645;
    I LOVE this show, and had no idea they had a web site. Off to google it so I can vote for Miss KY!!!!

I was surprised at miss ILLINOIS gall to turn down the stylists.
    She ended up in the top 3, though.

I actually disagreed with the bottom 3 more, though

FORT Newbie

anyone know the song from the opening credits?

FORT Fogey

The website is poorly designed. I don't even recognize them in their before pictures. We haven't seen everyone very clearly either.

Alaska is an odd woman but I have to believe she will make the final 16 because of the focus. I assume all of these women who they are featuring are included.

Utah turned out to be a huge disappointment. She is the most attractive, to me, but her attitude is off puttting. New Mexico is a cutie as is Rhode Island.

I was surprised to see Miss Illinois in the top three. She did need the make over and it showed. She looked very pageanty.

Vermont is a mystery to me. Smart woman and I liked her stance on gay marriage but she is not that attractive so I don't know how she got this far.

Miss Indiana had a great attitude but did not stand out in the crowd as far as looks were concerened to me. Her make over was not a dramatic one. Her hair looked the same, just brushed out. I would have liked to have seen a new style.

This is a good show, I am enjoying it. I would like to see the final 16 now though so we could see more of what they were about.

I want to see before/after of all the women, not just a few of them. I find myself paying more attention to their sashes trying to figure out who is from what state, and trying to get a glimpse of my home state, Oklahoma.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I've tried, in vain, to get to the website. I keep getting routed to the TLC search engine page. The link provided by someone here sent me to the same page.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2751575;
    I've tried, in vain, to get to the website. I keep getting routed to the TLC search engine page. The link provided by someone here sent me to the same page.
    Google, 'miss america reality check TLC' and the link comes up. They show you a map of the US and when you click on the state a thumb nail and short bio appears in a small window to the left. It is impossible to differenciate one woman from the next. Their before pictures are alarmingly the same!

This show is a nifty idea but falls short. The final scene is staged in a very peculiar way. The women are crammed in a long narrow group in what appears to be a large field at night. They are all smashed in next to the edge. This is probably due to budget restraints but couldn't they come up with anything better?

Thanks, shoepie, but I got that darned search page again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Perhaps you could post the link that you found?
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Newbie

+ Reply to Thread