+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Miss America Reality Check

FORT Fogey

Re: Miss America Reality Check

Ahhhhhh ha! That is why they are doing this show. I didn't know that the pagent lost its last two networks. They are trying to drum up a viewing audience and breathe some life back into it. Now it makes sense.

And this could work. I love the idea of losing the pagent look and presenting themselves as stylish young women.

Utah is the shining star for me at the moment. The stylist commented that her straight blond hair was dated. I disagree! She looks the most current! I love her hair. We see in the previews that they give her a short bob and that is cute too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2744181;
    When does this come on? What channel?
    This is a four part reality show special for Miss America. The first show was last Friday at 9:00 pm on TLC. The live pageant will be on Saturday, January 26th at 7:00 pm.

More info

Miss America Reality Check : TLC

It's a good show and I really like it.

FORT Fogey

It will be fun watching the actual pageant and seeing the difference this show made.

What I like the most about this show is we will get to know these girls more than we would have with the pageant alone. We get to see more of them and their personality. I look for Donald Trump and his Miss USA to copy this.

I love this idea. When I was a little girl I always looked forward to watching but by the time I got to junior high I started to find it cheesy. It also really bugged me that we see all these girls come across the stage but that they had previously already chosen the finalists and you barely got to know any of them. I really like Michael Urie too. That was an excellent casting choice.

ETA: I'm also annoyed that Miss Oklahoma was in the bottom 3. Come on girl! You gotta represent the Sooners right!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;2745988;
    IETA: I'm also annoyed that Miss Oklahoma was in the bottom 3. Come on girl! You gotta represent the Sooners right!!!!!
    BOOMER!!!! SOONER!!!!

I feel for her, talk about pressure! The last two winners were from Oklahoma and she finds herself in the bottom 3.

Hopefully she'll drop the 'pageant' mindset and learn to reinvent herself the way they want.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;2746400;
    BOOMER!!!! SOONER!!!!

I feel for her, talk about pressure! The last two winners were from Oklahoma and she finds herself in the bottom 3.

Hopefully she'll drop the 'pageant' mindset and learn to reinvent herself the way they want.
    I hope so too. We Okies are really proud of the fact that we have had so many winners from Oklahoma in the past. We've won Miss Teen USA several times as well. My youth pastor's wife (well, she was his girlfriend and the time and he was a youth pastor in training. I'm now 31 so that was awhile ago!) was a winner when Bush Sr. was president and we were all very proud of her. My cousin was also Miss Teen Oklahoma about 15 years ago but didn't win Miss Teen USA. So I really want to see her do well! I agree, that is a lot of pressure!

FORT Fogey

hmmmmmmmmmm, I hope you are not too disappointed, she is not very attractive this year. We can hope she shines in the personality department though. I like Utah. She is adorable inside and out, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2747740;
    hmmmmmmmmmm, I hope you are not too disappointed, she is not very attractive this year. We can hope she shines in the personality department though. I like Utah. She is adorable inside and out, so far.
    I actually think she's very pretty and attractive. No less pretty or attractive than most of the others. I just think she needs a makeover.

Frankly, I found the dinner party fascinating. I would have loved to have heard more of the conversations. The high point, I thought, was when all the contestants at the one table were going on and on about abstaining from sex outside of marriage, then the stylist saying that if that was what they believed then they would all be virgins. I don't remember any of the contestants popping up and saying, "Yes, I am."

Really, I would love to have seen all the video from the dinner party.

+ Reply to Thread