+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Clash of the Choirs: 12/17- 12/20 on NBC

Re: Clash of the Choirs: 12/17- 12/20 on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2726599;
    I thought the music of Patti LaBelle was the bomb! I loved the arrangment, I loved the vitality! I also enjoyed the others, but in my opinion, Patti's was the best. I will be enjoying this show.
    I agree famita; Patti's choir was far and away the best for me yesterday. Their harmonies were out and out beautiful and I loved their arrangement. I can't wait to see how they bring it tonight.

I thought Team Lachey and Team Rowland were very good too, but their song choices were wack. Not every song is good for a choir to sing. I think everyone will do better with the holiday music.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

I REALLY, really liked this show!

Team Lachey: LOVED them. The two solos at the opening were shaky but it was non-stop energy after that. Incredible harmony and super tight. Not my most favorite song, but I was totally into it by the end. Plus, I adore Nick.

Team Rowland: First of all, Freedom by George Michael is probably one of my all-time favorite songs as it brings back an awesome time in my life, but with that said, I felt I was ‘missing’ something. Maybe it was the band? I just wanted more. I thought their harmonizing was mediocre and amateurish (or maybe it was the arrangements ) but they made up for it in the choreography and high energy. Oh, and how the hell did William Hung get so good?

Team Bolton. The beginning of the performance gave me flashbacks of an old SNL skit (“The Roxburys”) with Will Ferrell and Chris Kattan where they’re bopping and shaking their ass in time to the music Anyway . . . loved Ryan’s voice during the auditions but I thought the whole solo gig - with a little harmony thrown in for good measure – SUCKED!. Horrible choreography throughout unless you call punching your fist in the air a crowd pleaser. And towards the end, what the hell was up with that big rolly-polly guy standing up there front and center? Your eyes are automatically drawn to him ‘cause he’s higher up on stage than anyone, and I was waiting for him to do something big. . like maybe belt out some incredible solo, or maybe even start farting in perfect harmony. Who knows - it was just distracting. To me, this was the worst performance of the night.

Team Shelton. LOTS of energy with this one (love this song TOO ). I could’ve done without all the solos, although I kind of liked the opening guy. But OMG - that second guy (wearing the Gatsby cap) went all kinds of off-key with the lead in. : After that, though, it was a high energy performance. Great harmony, - just not very tight. Very cool about the recognition and money for the troops. . .

Team LaBelle. WHOA! Amazing harmony and they were all mother-tight. Super high energy.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 12-18-2007 at 10:55 AM.

Its amazing how much perceptions have differed of these choirs.

I suppose this justifies the producer's selections of such different mentors.

Without being confrontational about it, I'd ask those who don't like Gospel though, what exactly they expect from a Choir. Do they expect it to be all Christmasy in tone, or is there some other expectation? I mean, I'm not really aware of a third kind of Choir--you've got the white churchy kind and the black churchy kind. Then outside of that, you have groups like The Polyphonic Spree, who are just big groups of singers who aren't Choirs who sing together.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

We were really looking foreward to this for weeks and at the last minute we got distracted a missed it I checked iTunes but no luck... does anyone else happen to have this on DVR still? I know we can just keep watching the rest of the show without ep1/ but it sure would be nice to have
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2726909;
    Its amazing how much perceptions have differed of these choirs.

I suppose this justifies the producer's selections of such different mentors.

Without being confrontational about it, I'd ask those who don't like Gospel though, what exactly they expect from a Choir. Do they expect it to be all Christmasy in tone, or is there some other expectation? I mean, I'm not really aware of a third kind of Choir--you've got the white churchy kind and the black churchy kind. Then outside of that, you have groups like The Polyphonic Spree, who are just big groups of singers who aren't Choirs who sing together.
    Good question. I was hoping for something totally out of the ordinary. Not gospel and not Mormon Tabernacle. Something very new and innovative.

So You Think You Can Dance introduced me to choreography I had never seen before. Wade Robson took it to a level I could never imagine. I guess I was hoping for the same hit of, Oh my god WOW!

Everyone has heard Gospel. The song doesn't even matter. You can gospel anything to death. Having said that, I dont hate it, it is just the same old, same old. And forget white churchy, I REALLY don't like that.

Some beat boxing would add another dimention. Clapping of slapping of hands and knees. And arrangement of Silent Night with a unique beat and mouth clucking. I am grasping at straws here to give you an example of what I think I mean.
    Last edited by shoepie; 12-18-2007 at 06:43 PM.

FORT Newbie

Hi, I'm new, and I stumbled across this site via Google and thought I'd share.

My brother is actually in the Cincinnati choir. He is doing a live blog before and after the shows. I know I'm not allowed to post URLs since I'm brand new, but his website can be found at www dot chuckmerk dot com if you're interested. I promise, I'm not a spammer, just a proud sister

PS From what I've heard, the Christmas songs are coming on Wednesday, which should be a lot of fun!

lilu'smom!!!! What fun to have a connection to the show... you have great reason to be proud of your brother, as Nick's choir sounded great!!!

Go Cinci!!!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lilu's mom;2727289;
    Hi, I'm new, and I stumbled across this site via Google and thought I'd share.

My brother is actually in the Cincinnati choir. He is doing a live blog before and after the shows. I know I'm not allowed to post URLs since I'm brand new, but his website can be found at www dot chuckmerk dot com if you're interested. I promise, I'm not a spammer, just a proud sister

PS From what I've heard, the Christmas songs are coming on Wednesday, which should be a lot of fun!
    ! How nice to have you posting here. I loved Nicks choir. He and Shelton were my favorites.

I went to his website but I dont know who to look for because his picture is nowhere to be found!!
    Last edited by shoepie; 12-18-2007 at 08:00 PM.

The first elimination night tonight. Who's it going to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2727331;
    The first elimination night tonight. Who's it going to be?
    I dunno.

Who can predict America?

I mean MY opinions don't even match reactions here! I would have given the book to the Okies.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread