+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowned

Re: Crowned

12/26/07 - show comments

Angela - has a lot of nerve, taking the moral high ground after eavesdropping on the other clique and then confrontingn them and calling them fake and unreal. She is confrontratational and a big bully. Altogether a very hateful and hate filled person. Tenia and daughter is not much better and totally disrespectful to her elders.

I felt sorry that the Tomboy queens were desashed this episod but totally agreed with the judges reasons. They were going backward and not forward.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

After exposing herself to the guest judge, I really was hoping to see her get in trouble for lack of class. Should have known better.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;2735541;
    After exposing herself to the guest judge, I really was hoping to see her get in trouble for lack of class. Should have known better.
    Was she wearing panties or not? If she wasn't, why not? Regarless, thank you for fuzzy spots.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix;2731880;
    I really looked forward to this show because the commercial I saw made it look interesting. But in reality the show is very odd. The mother/daughters are not pagent-worthy in my opinion. They certainly seem to believe they are pagent-worthy, but none of these women would get very far in an actual contest in my opinion. The mothers especially aren't very attractive, some even homely. (the red haired one DOWNRIGHT SCARY ) I know beauty isn't 'skin deep' only, but honestly who picked these teams?! The show is just so bizarre. I mean, comeon-- exercise routines?! And to the above poster, yes I thought the main judge-Shanna?- has been acting like Tyra Banks,too. The whole thing is unintentionally hilarious... but I MUST watch.
    This is not a traditional beauty pageant at all. They really are looking at the inner beauty and the mother/daughter relationship. It is called "Crowned: The Mother of All Pageants" - beauty is not in the show's title. Of course, external beauty is a part of it, and the teams need to improve their appearance.

I am enjoying this show - particularly because it is not a traditional beauty pageant. I missed the first airing of "Attack of the Beauty Queens", but was able to see it last night.

Gina and Hollis, the Dream Gals, continue to be my favorite team. Mindy and Rachelle, the Gifted Dolls, are my second favorite.

I disliked Laura from the start because of that early morning screeching - and have not seen anything likable in that Redheads pair. But soon after, my least favorite changed to the "Skin Deep" pair of Angela and Tenia. They have to go - soon. Angela's prancing around with that high slit was sickening, and both mother and daughter are so rude.
    Last edited by DayByDay; 12-31-2007 at 01:01 PM.

Apparantley the judges are deaf too. Carson especially. That screechy the "Sincere" Sexy Redheads were doing was not pleasing to my ears. They clearly had to go..

I feel bad for Nicole and her mother. I rather watch a pretty girl hula hoop then listen to that.

Ahhhh.....Hollis (Dreamgirls) what were you thinking you almost got yourself eliminated.

I am so surprised at how such low self esteem some of the moms have. Sincere Sexy Redheads. Laurie, the daughter is a total bitch and needs to be slapped. Her mom on the other hand is so hard on herself. She was so concerned about about being perfect that she was messing up her performance. Also the team that got eliminated, the mom is prettier than the daughter and any mom who looks like she does can show her tummy anytime she wants.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by queenofitall;2739777;
    Apparantley the judges are deaf too. Carson especially. That screechy the "Sincere" Sexy Redheads were doing was not pleasing to my ears. They clearly had to go..

I feel bad for Nicole and her mother. I rather watch a pretty girl hula hoop then listen to that.
    I agree. And why didn't the judges think Laura was upstaging Patty with that act? It was very painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2740012;
    Ahhhh.....Hollis (Dreamgirls) what were you thinking you almost got yourself eliminated.
    I'm afraid Hollis was too busy trying to help the other teams. I was so relieved they were given another chance. A different song choice might have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2740012;
    I am so surprised at how such low self esteem some of the moms have. Sincere Sexy Redheads. Laurie, the daughter is a total bitch and needs to be slapped. Her mom on the other hand is so hard on herself. She was so concerned about about being perfect that she was messing up her performance. Also the team that got eliminated, the mom is prettier than the daughter and any mom who looks like she does can show her tummy anytime she wants.
    And, yes, some of these daughters think it is all about them. I'd like to tell them - grow up!

I could not believe the judges liked the screeching and rated it best in show. UGH. Louder does not mean better or on key. I have been in choirs all my life and I sing like Laura to my kids just for laughs. Wish Simon Cowell had been there.

Keep Hollis and mom. PLEASE get rid of skin deep mom. They absolutely reeked. I am tired of this show trying to tell us it's a deeper beauty they are seeking, then there are no reprimands for horrible behavior in the house. I think housemom should be on the judges' panel. How cool would that be to air their classless acts!?!

When people group themselves in a room and vent to their friends they obviously are expecting what they say to remain private. These classless wonders that huddle together at the intercom to spy on the other team deserve what they hear.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

OH I agree...that screeching singing from the Red daughter was horrid

I can't stand the "Skin Deep" mother, she is really nasty, and I hope they go next. I like Hollis and her Mom, hope they win.

Quote Originally Posted by DayByDay;2737665;
    This is not a traditional beauty pageant at all. They really are looking at the inner beauty and the mother/daughter relationship. It is called "Crowned: The Mother of All Pageants" - beauty is not in the show's title. Of course, external beauty is a part of it, and the teams need to improve their appearance.

I am enjoying this show - particularly because it is not a traditional beauty pageant. I missed the first airing of "Attack of the Beauty Queens", but was able to see it last night.

Gina and Hollis, the Dream Gals, continue to be my favorite team. Mindy and Rachelle, the Gifted Dolls, are my second favorite.

I disliked Laura from the start because of that early morning screeching - and have not seen anything likable in that Redheads pair. But soon after, my least favorite changed to the "Skin Deep" pair of Angela and Tenia. They have to go - soon. Angela's prancing around with that high slit was sickening, and both mother and daughter are so rude.

I know what the show's called. And it IS a beauty pagent-- inner and outer. I simply meant that there have to be more attractive moms and daughters who are beautiful on the inside as well as the outside. I'm not saying I don't like the show, I do. Just curious how the people were chosen.

+ Reply to Thread