+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Run's House and Kimora Lee Simmons

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

Run's House and Kimora Lee Simmons

This thread will be for you to tell what you think of MTV's Run's House starring Joe Simmons of Run DMC and his family. I personally, love the show and think that his kids are cute (the youngest 2). Kimora Lee used to be married to Russell Simmons, the mogul.

Hello Kitty Fanatic krazysexxykool's Avatar

Re: Run's House and Kimora Lee Simmons

I love both Run's House and Kimora Life In The Fab Lane, Run is all about being a "normal" family and has a Father's Knows Best type of feel, Kimora is about OVER THE TOP fabulosity, love both of them!

Kimora Lee Simmons is nothing more than a high maintenance bitch of the first degree. In her pea-brained mind, she equates being a good businessperson with shrieking like a lunatic bainshee and talking down to your employees. Her narcissism overwhelms all aspects of her personality, and is what guides her....... there is nothing "fabulous" about her.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 12-01-2007 at 12:47 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

There's a Run's House thread in here somewhere. I love that show. I eat up every corny minute of it!

Hello Kitty Fanatic krazysexxykool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2701255;
    Kimora Lee Simmons is nothing more than a high maintenance bitch of the first degree. In her pea-brained mind, she equates being a good businessperson with shrieking like a lunatic bainshee and talking down to your employees. Her narcissism overwhelms all aspects of her personality, and is what guides her....... there is nothing "fabulous" about her.

I think a lot of that is for the cameras, from what I hear she is very good to them and treats them like family.

The link to the original "Run's House" thread...

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...house-mtv.html

Quote Originally Posted by krazysexxykool;2701656;
    I think a lot of that is for the cameras, from what I hear she is very good to them and treats them like family.
    The unfortunate fact of this type of 'reality' show, however, is that the subject -- in this case, Kimora Lee Simmons -- shows the public what she wants us to see, how she wants to be perceived. And if she wants to be perceived as a narcissistic bitch if in fact she isn't, then that speaks volumes about her character as well.

I'm sure, as with anyone, that there are people in her sphere that she treats well sometimes, but I'm equally certain that she is indeed the narcissistic bitch she comes across as on tv. I'm certain because of first-hand accounts of dealing with her from people I know personally and trust. Although my business puts me in contact with celebs on a weekly basis, Ms. Simmons is not one that I've personally met (nor do I wish to), but as with most businesses, peers talk among themselves about particularly horrid clients, and everything I've heard about this one tells one story only, and it matches what she shows on tv.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I love Run and his family. It is truly refreshing to see how close their family is and how yet they have so much and are truly grateful.

Kimora I love I don't see her as a Biatch. Kimora is aware of how people feel about her and she just doesn't care. If you don't love yourself who will?Confidence is what I see with Kimora. The true measure of a woman is how she treats her children. Kimora loves those girls and I like how she is creating a future for them to build on with Baby Phat.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2705002;
    Kimora I love I don't see her as a Biatch. Kimora is aware of how people feel about her and she just doesn't care. If you don't love yourself who will?Confidence is what I see with Kimora. The true measure of a woman is how she treats her children. Kimora loves those girls and I like how she is creating a future for them to build on with Baby Phat.
    I'm not cool enough to understand the difference between a biatch and a bitch, lol, so I don't know if she's a biatch or not, but I do know she's a bitch.

I agree that the true measure of a mother is how she treats her children, but it's not the true measure of a woman. If that were true, how would we ever judge women who never became mothers? More factors come into play there, because a person can be the best mother or father in the world to their children and still lie, cheat, steal, murder, and be all kinds of worthless people outside the family circle. I'm not saying Kimora is a criminal, just making an exaggerated point. The simpler point is that the full measure of a person isn't based just on how good a parent you are, it also includes important behaviors such as how you treat people who work for you, or how you treat the 'little people' who enter your sphere, how you treat the peripheral people who lapse in and out of your existence. And in that area, she fails.

(by the way, I make no judgements as to whether or not she is a good mother.... I haven't seen anything that says she's any better or worse than millions of other hard-working working single moms who build futures for their children, but I also haven't seen anything that says she's a bad mother, either, so I have no opinion as to that aspect of her character)
    Last edited by Nemeses; 12-04-2007 at 05:40 AM.

Justine's little niece on Run's house is so adorable. I just loved the boys reaction to the "baby smell" lol.

As far as Kimora I really take people's opinion of someone they do business with not so much. I find that their opinion is usually based of the fact that things didn't go the way the wanted.

My opinion of Kimora is based off the vibes I get from her. I don't think she takes herself as serious as people believe she does. I get a good vibe from her.l
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 12-08-2007 at 06:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast