+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Run's House and Kimora Lee Simmons

Re: Run's House and Kimora Lee Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2711551;
    As far as Kimora I really take people's opinion of someone they do business with not so much. I find that their opinion is usually based of the fact that things didn't go the way the wanted.
    I agree with that to a point. The 'to a point' is that this isn't an absolute rule by any longshot. There are millions of people who work with celebs in many roles, including all those who have nothing to gain monetarily or socially or in any other way. There are also millions of honest employees of celebs who either did work for them, or who currently work for them who related accurate accounts of situations. So when I hear stories about a celeb, whether it's positive or negative, I have to look at all the facets of the story such as those situations above, and if the person relating events is known to be honest and accurate, and if there is believable evidence or even proof of the story or events.

And in these cases about Kimora, both are true... proof out the wazoo, multiple instances of evidence and multiple reports from different trustworthy sources, including accounts from honest people who have nothing to gain or prove by being dishonest. In addition, these are people who are used to the moods and eccentricities of celebs, and know how some things can be misperceived by both the celeb and by the public. And since nothing Kimora has shown on her show or in the media or in public so far does anything except give weight to it, I have zero doubts as to their accuracy. Even if Kimora never opened her mouth, everything about her, including the vibes from her, just reinforce my view of her as being a real bitch. I only hope that any young women watching her show are smart enough to realize that you can be successful and respected without being a screaming bainshee who treats people like possessions instead of real human beings, and you can be confident and capable without being a narcissist.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

been_supporting_April aprilshouldawin's Avatar

I haven't watched the show, but I'm not surprised to hear her being a bitch. She , in every way possible, does look like a bitch to me.

Quote Originally Posted by aprilshouldawin;2712568;
    I haven't watched the show, but I'm not surprised to hear her being a bitch. She , in every way possible, does look like a bitch to me.
    I wouldn't call Kimora a Bitch. Kimora is a very strong willed woman not afraid to show her teeth(speak her mind). If A man does the same thing he is said to be A very self assured and No nonsense business man (The Donald). When its a woman we are for some reason seen as Greedy, Grasping bitches. I guess I don't find Kimora bitchy because I am the same way. I don't keep my true feelings hidden,lol. m
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 12-11-2007 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2714273;
    I wouldn't call Kimora a Bitch. Kimora is a very strong willed woman not afraid to show her teeth(speak her mind). If A man does the same thing he is said to be A very self assured and No nonsense business man (The Donald). When its a woman we are for some reason seen as Greedy, Grasping bitches. I guess I don't find Kimora bitchy because I am the same way. I don't keep my true feelings hidden,lol. m
    I don't keep my true feelings hidden, either, unless they would serve to inflict hurt on someone who doesn't deserve it. I also don't go around screaming my feelings about things like a crazed bainshee, either. And I'm probably the most strong-willed woman most people will ever find. However, you can be strong-willed, confident, full of life, self-assured, and not suffer fools gladly and still not be a bitch. In fact, it's those who aren't confident enough in themselves who turn out to be bitches. A confident, strong-willed, self-assured, successful woman knows you don't have to strike out at people, knows you don't have to be a bitch, and knows that you can have all those positive traits and still be a decent human being. I would go so far as to say I believe any woman who is a bitch to other human beings is very much not self-assured and confident, because why else would she feel the need to be that way except to try to cover up her own insecurities and any inadequacies she feels she has? And the argument that if a man were like this, we admire him, but if a woman is, we call her a bitch just doesn't fly. There is a word for men like that too, but I'm not comfortable saying that word in this forum.

I admire strong-willed women who are comfortable within themselves and self-assured and confident. Women are not bitches because they possess those qualities, and I think everyone in this thread knows that. A woman who treats other people like they're possessions, or who treats other people like they aren't important, or who belittles other people and is proud of it, or who exhibits the levels of narcissism that Kimora Lee Simmons exhibits... that's a bitch. And she is one, and I sadly wouldn't be surprised if she isn't flattered by the description, as she probably doesn't realize it's not a compliment.

I'm very happy to say that I don't find you to be anything like Kimora, having seen many of your posts in threads here. First of all, you're an intelligent person, and Kimora plainly isn't. I've also never seen you berate any other person just to 'hear' the sound of your voice, which Kimora often does, and I've never seen any evidence of feeling smug or superior to everyone else, as Kimora also does. On the contrary, just going by your posts, I find you to be strong-willed and independent, with a wide range of interests, a good sense of humor, and willing to accept other opinions. And even though we disagree on a few issues, I respect your attitude about discussions and everyone having the right to have their own opinions about anything. All of that tells me you're nothing like Kimora, and that's probably one of the best compliments I can give any woman. You've got her beat by miles.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2714399;
    I don't keep my true feelings hidden, either, unless they would serve to inflict hurt on someone who doesn't deserve it. I also don't go around screaming my feelings about things like a crazed bainshee, either. And I'm probably the most strong-willed woman most people will ever find. However, you can be strong-willed, confident, full of life, self-assured, and not suffer fools gladly and still not be a bitch. In fact, it's those who aren't confident enough in themselves who turn out to be bitches. A confident, strong-willed, self-assured, successful woman knows you don't have to strike out at people, knows you don't have to be a bitch, and knows that you can have all those positive traits and still be a decent human being. I would go so far as to say I believe any woman who is a bitch to other human beings is very much not self-assured and confident, because why else would she feel the need to be that way except to try to cover up her own insecurities and any inadequacies she feels she has? And the argument that if a man were like this, we admire him, but if a woman is, we call her a bitch just doesn't fly. There is a word for men like that too, but I'm not comfortable saying that word in this forum.

I admire strong-willed women who are comfortable within themselves and self-assured and confident. Women are not bitches because they possess those qualities, and I think everyone in this thread knows that. A woman who treats other people like they're possessions, or who treats other people like they aren't important, or who belittles other people and is proud of it, or who exhibits the levels of narcissism that Kimora Lee Simmons exhibits... that's a bitch. And she is one, and I sadly wouldn't be surprised if she isn't flattered by the description, as she probably doesn't realize it's not a compliment.

I'm very happy to say that I don't find you to be anything like Kimora, having seen many of your posts in threads here. First of all, you're an intelligent person, and Kimora plainly isn't. I've also never seen you berate any other person just to 'hear' the sound of your voice, which Kimora often does, and I've never seen any evidence of feeling smug or superior to everyone else, as Kimora also does. On the contrary, just going by your posts, I find you to be strong-willed and independent, with a wide range of interests, a good sense of humor, and willing to accept other opinions. And even though we disagree on a few issues, I respect your attitude about discussions and everyone having the right to have their own opinions about anything. All of that tells me you're nothing like Kimora, and that's probably one of the best compliments I can give any woman. You've got her beat by miles.
    Wow! What a well written, thought-out, thoughtful post! I could not agree with you more about Kimora. I think people like her are insecure and keep trying to prove to people how powerful they are.
    I remember on Making The Band, Sean Combs made those kids walk miles to get him cheesecake just to prove that he could. That made me so angry I never watched that show again and to this day everytime I see him, I think what a horrible person he is to belittle people in that manner.

cant stand kimora, and what bratty kids she has--although not their fault, look at their mother...
    "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself.Aloud."
    -Coco Chanel

FORT Fogey

i kind of like her i just don't like the way she is bringing about her daughters.They will become real bitches

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2714273;
    Mind you, I think of him as a jerk, so that's why she looks like a bitch to me.

A confident, strong-willed, self-assured, successful woman knows you don't have to strike out at people, knows you don't have to be a bitch, and knows that you can have all those positive traits and still be a decent human being.
    Exactly!

I would go so far as to say I believe any woman who is a bitch to other human beings is very much not self-assured and confident, because why else would she feel the need to be that way except to try to cover up her own insecurities and any inadequacies she feels she has? And the argument that if a man were like this, we admire him, but if a woman is, we call her a bitch just doesn't fly. There is a word for men like that too, but I'm not comfortable saying that word in this forum.
    Exactly! Bullies and bitches/jerks have low self-esteem. They don't trust people enough, so they're willing to use their power to treat others in unkind ways as a threat.

FORT Fan

Those little girls are sure beginning to follow in her footsteps. Even at their young age they have an air of entitlement about them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast