+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Who Wants to Marry a U.S. Citizen?'

Re: 'Who Wants to Marry a U.S. Citizen?'

For some reason I am thinking of the move "Green Card".
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2713973;
    If they are marrying off people on a show stating that exact reason of just getting papers....tee hee, they are going to be in for it.
    Which is why i think of this show as nothing but a joke. If they know that you did this deliberately, you're automatically denied.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2699095;
    I think, though, the real fun of such a show would be to watch...INS people following the show's 'contestants' afterwards.
    What makes you think the feds are smart enough or have enough manpower to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by silvertoast;2715644;
    What makes you think the feds are smart enough or have enough manpower to do this?
    What makes you think that was a serious comment, since it included a 'wink' smilie so all would know it wasn't?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Haven't seen any promos for this in a long time. Did they finally scrap the idea?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2773416;
    Haven't seen any promos for this in a long time. Did they finally scrap the idea?
    Lets hope so!!!! I really think that people would not watch it . I know I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2773416;
    Shhhh, buglover. I was hoping if no one mentioned the show's name, it would disappear into the fog of idiocy that spawned it. Now you've gone and brought it back to life!

Shame, shame on you, I say!
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I don't think it was ever a serious thing. Based on the premise alone, it wouldn't work(from a legal stand point). If they did greenlight this, it'd be nothing more then a gag.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2774053;
    I don't think it was ever a serious thing. Based on the premise alone, it wouldn't work(from a legal stand point). If they did greenlight this, it'd be nothing more then a gag.
    Actually, from a legal standpoint they were okay, since all they promised to do was pay for the wedding and honeymoon if a couple actually married. That's no different than if my parents had paid for my wedding and honeymoon to my husband. My parents aren't living and so they didn't, but if they had, it wouldn't have been a problem for INS. If the show had promised to do any more than that, then they could have run into legal issues, but they obviously checked that legality out. Then they gave the show a misleading name as if they had promised more.

But there should be a law against the overwhelmingly stupidity of whoever thought this idea up.

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;2698942;

Is it just me or does this premise seem .... odd? I would be hard pressed to know - to really know - if the guys were actually in love with the girl or the Visa
    Even if this show's half true - its all about the Visa!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast