+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 152 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast

Thread: Make Me A Supermodel (US)

FORT Fogey

Re: Make Me A Supermodel (US)

I'm watching it right now. DO NOT CONTINUE READING IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO SPOIL IT FOR YOU. They went to Parsons and did some nude modeling (Casey and Jay were mentioned as poor performers while Stephanie and Perry good ones). Then they went to a mansion to do group shots where the little movement they did as in nude modeling matters in the shot. The photog divided them into girls and boys but the girls get to pick a guy to be in the photo with them and same with the boys (so 2 people get two photos for their portfolio, Shannon and Perry). And the photog said that if a model strays and doesn't connect in the group shot, he would do the as much as he could with the group then remove the ones who stray and continue without them. At the guys shoot, Casey and Jay were taken out. The girls did well and were intact, but Shannon was singled out by the photog as a star. Then they went to an art studio type place to do performance art type modeling. Stephanie was picked as the main girl with a black cape and tippy-toe high heel shoes. They were all in black skimpy artsy clothes and made-up black the whole body (ala Viktor and Rolff) and the girls wore bob wigs. Stephanie was in the center then the other models walked to her one at a time then went under her cape. Well, you have to see it to understand it. Their catwalk was avant garde clothes where they have to do poses in between walks. Holly was singled out for her high fashion pose with a hunched back. Shannon was said to be ready for the Paris couture shows. Stephanie, Holly, and Shannon were the top performers with Stephanie as the top top. Bottom are Ben, Katy, Casey, and Jay. Ben is safe. My bet is Jay goes next. Like if there are 2 girls in the bottom 3, one of them goes and vice versa with the guys.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;2778403;
    I wonder how the frankie the douche bag reacted when Holly came back he must have been ticked off.
    How did you get your Katy avatar from the show? Do you watch the telly on your PC?

thank god aryn's gone. she was such an annoying twit. as long as holly, casey, and jackie are safe, its all good. i really hate frankie. what a tool.

and how surprising that the guys are calling all the girls fake. its like they all think they are in a fraternity or something. dear god i hate frankie.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by watts;2778579;
    How did you get your Katy avatar from the show? Do you watch the telly on your PC?
    its on the bravo site I looked under Corys and Tysons blog who had today's date on it and it had pics of all the models and their critiques were I was able to save the picture to my pictures on my computer and then use it as my avatar all the models are up so just pic your fav.

Premium Member

Jay should be the next one to go they had the catwalk online and seriously Jay and Ben both should be at the bottom they did bad Katy had the crappiest dress to work with its like the judges are sabatoging her or something and Tyson is a tool.

What kind of crack was America smoking to not vote Jay off last week? I think it is because of how they do the votes, with only the first ten counting, so we had to split our votes between the other two we wanted to stay (and so again this week). In the meantime the O.J. effect kicks in and the guy is saved even though he clearly does not deserve to be.

Quote Originally Posted by pooja;2778586;
    and how surprising that the guys are calling all the girls fake. its like they all think they are in a fraternity or something.
    That "boys club" effect is how sexism perpetuates itself ("bros before hoes"), and the women always seem to stupidly put up with it. I say if they cannot get along with and have deeply satisfying relationships with women, they shouldn't be allowed to sleep with, marry, and breed with women until they straighten out their attitudes. Otherwise it will always be the same old story. The only difference here is we get to see what they are talking about on-camera.
    Last edited by Harvest; 02-01-2008 at 02:50 AM.

FORT Fogey

When 2 of the same sex are at the bottom 3, they are basically sharing from the same pool of voters. So the odd sex is usually safe. 1st week, Sarah, Katy, Dominic (Sarah gone). 2nd week, Dominic, Ben, Katy (Dominic gone).
    3rd week, Aryn, Holly, Jay (Aryn gone).

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2778605;
    That "boys club" effect is how sexism perpetuates itself ("bros before hoes"), and the women always seem to stupidly put up with it. I say if they cannot get along with and have deeply satisfying relationships with women, they shouldn't be allowed to sleep with, marry, and breed with women until they straighten out their attitudes. Otherwise it will always be the same old story. The only difference here is we get to see what they are talking about on-camera.
    well i think frankie is the instigator & he infects every guy in the house with his brand of misogyny. he comes across as a bully to holly. and i just hate how holly is so weak that she's dissolved to tears. but the shocker for me was ben talking about how he wanted to slap jackie's face for talking smack. what the bleep was that? i dont understand how you can be in the fashion industry & treat women like that.

i think these guys need a kick in the pants & janice dickinson would be the perfect person to do that.
    Eat More Food! Holla, Holla, Holla! - Whitney, C10 Winner & HBIC

Kao

I'm absolutely loving this show so far. ANTM should take notes. When I watch this, I feel like I'm actually seeing a sense of what the industry is like. For ANTM, it's like I'm watching a reality drama masquerading as a modeling show, and that's NOT a good thing. I think it's great that we see a runway show every week and that they do things that are new and fresh.

I LOVED the art competitions tonight. As someone who has had Life Drawing courses, after a while you it doesn't even register that the person is naked; you're trying to capture form. I laughed at Frankie when he ran out there and just whipped the towel off like "Hi, I'm naked SKETCH ME NOW!"

Frankie might get on my nerves a bit but he was right on the money when he pointed out the hypocrisy of the other girls. They completely trashed Holly when she wasn't there and the minute Jay carried her in the door it was "Oh my GAWD girl, so GLAD you made it" time.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2778605;
    In the meantime the O.J. effect kicks in and the guy is saved even though he clearly does not deserve to be.
    Wow. What "OJ Effect" are you talking about? This kid didn't murder anyone.

He totally endeared me tonight when he took the time to hug that girl and encouraged her to go on in the industry. Most of the time watching these sort of shows the person who stays gives the loser a quick hug with "Glad it wasn't me" written all over their faces. It was an awesome thing to see for a change.

It's a shame because I really like Jay, but I think he's one of those people who look absolutely fantastic in person, walks extremely well...and absolutely fails every time a camera gets anywhere near him. He might get better with time, but this show doesn't have time to coddle you; you either get it right away or you don't. And he doesn't right now.

I think these 3 are the weakest in the competition as we speak. (Katy, Casey, and Jay)

I really wished theyd step up the game. I know there are more people out there who really want to be in their position and I dont think theyre trying hard enough. Im assuming Jay leaves next week.
    People, get my school a tv show. I'd be the reality villan. Recognize, hoes.
    Amis, Lauren, Anya

+ Reply to Thread