+ Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1511

Thread: Make Me A Supermodel (US)

Re: Make Me A Supermodel (US)

Valid points
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Dax

Ben really never captured my attention. I do think he has a great face and body but that alone doesn't make a model. At this point of the competition he should be walking amazingly and he should know all of his angles. I understand he's a "sweet" guy but I think he's not a good model.

While Casey is pretty much my favorite guy I don't understand how can someone be so inconsistent. One week he does incredible and the next week he's at the bottom. I don't get it.

Holly and Ronnie are my picks to win. I really think they are the best ones and the ones that will utilize what the show has given them for their advantage.

ITA. That phone call was totally stupid. They way it was done was garanteed to create as much chaos to Perry as possible. The guy is in the middle of a life changing contest and you call and leave a message like that. That will mess with his head. Was this done on purpose by his girlfriend? Sure looks like that to me. Odds are that if she had never called him he may not have ever seen the particular issue.
    The last time we saw a phone call with them, we talked about Perry's attitude ("do you love me? do you want to be with me forever?"). They (the editors) didn't know then that she would be taking up with one of Britney's exes.

So for me, the question is, why show us this? Sympathy for Perry (who, IMO, isn't all that sympathetic) so he gets votes the next time he's in the bottom 3? They didn't have to air it, especially since he can't see the news and we can.

It would have made more sense to show it to us if Perry were in the bottom 3 this week.

missing katarzyna. SpectralRaven's Avatar

Ben needs to go home. Yes, ladies, he is a fine piece of man to look at, but what a horrible attitude! I used to love how he was Ronnie's big teddybear, but now the stress is getting to him and revealing his true colors. Everyone else is striving in the competition, but not Ben. Perry is even showing some improvement, for Pete's sake!

With that said, I think Casey's going to go home this week. Let's face it- he's not as attractive as Ben and Ronnie are. Don't get me wrong- I think he's a good model, with a killer personality, but in comparison to Ben and Ronnie, well... It makes me frustrated that the voting has turned MMAS into a "who's hottest?" contest, and not one about potential in the modeling world. Had the judges been in charge, I think that Casey would be safe, and we would still have more girls in the competition (Aryn/Steph, anyone?).

This is what I'd like to see happen with the rest of the competition:

6. Ben
    5. Casey
    4. Perry
    3. Ronnie
    2. Holly
    1. Shannon

Although I think that Perry may run off with this thing.
    why can't any of my antm favorites ever win?!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dax;2831403;
    I think Ben will stay. So far the polls that I have followed have been accurate when it comes to the person eliminated.

In the poll the least favorite girl was Jackie with 0 votes and she was eliminated. Same with Stephanie who was one of the least favorites according to the public. The favorite one is Shannon by far and then Holly in second place.

In terms of guys Ben is way up ahead with 45 percent and he's staying everytime so I guess this means something. Then comes Casey with 19% and then a tie between Perry and Ronnie with 15%. The rest votes were for Frankie who got eliminated this week.

Anything can happen but I hope that the poll really fools me this time because following it like I followed for Stephanie's, Jackie's and Frankie's elimination and if it is like that then poor ol' Ronnie is out.

Of course it's a poll and it's not 100% accurate.
    So sad...I don't get that people don't like Ronnie and Holly better than they do. I think they are both adorable and make excellent models.

As much as I like Shannon, I just don't see her having a big career. Unfortunately, I think she might actually be too tall. She towers over the other models, including the guys, and that will be a problem for her if she wants any runway work. She's much too thin to do any kind of lingerie or swimsuit work. Holly has a much better body for that. Also, it would be hard to put her in shots with other models without having to make accommodations for her height. Shannon could probably do well with editorial stuff if she was the only model. I like Holly a lot too, but she's not supermodel material, at least not yet.

The only one left in the competition that I think has the attitude is Perry. Casey is too unsure of himself, Ronnie is too All-American and Ben is, well, Ben. I think Ben will go this week, followed by Casey next week. After that, I can't make a guess about how things will fall out. Maybe Perry isn't the most emotionally mature, but he has the attitude and the presence in front of the camera.

If those polls are right and Ronnie goes this week, I'll be seriously annoyed. He's my favorite, personality-wise. One of the reasons I don't like shows that rely on viewer votes is that it becomes a popularity contest. If they really wanted to pick the person with the most potential to become a supermodel, they should have let the experts do the choosing.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Fatima/Whitney/Stacy Ann TopModelFan1's Avatar

Well in a way it's a personality contest in a good way because the least-impressive guy is also the meanest, so hopefully they'll vote Ben out, I don't like him anymore. None of this would've happened if Josiah HAWTley was on the show! Or Angelica!
    Tyra, please don't shave my head.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TopModelFan1;2832371;
    Well in a way it's a personality contest in a good way because the least-impressive guy is also the meanest, so hopefully they'll vote Ben out, I don't like him anymore. None of this would've happened if Josiah HAWTley was on the show! Or Angelica!
    I concur. Josiah was FINE. I would've liked to see him voted in by the public.

FORT Regular

I think that Ben did not expect to have the kinds of modeling assignments that they are getting on this show. The acting involved, the animals, the over the top costumes (which I agree they need to get used to), and I'm detecting a big conflict within himself on whether or not he likes this. Being in the bottom 3 many times in a row is not helping his self-esteem either, but he's on the defense and this is coming out as "attitude." I'm not sure this is the industry for him especially if he doesn't see models as people selling themselves and the clothes that they wear. You got to believe in yourself first and he doesn't even see himself as sexy. If he doesn't make it at the next round, I bet he will not even attempt to do modeling on his own.

Did anyone actually see an media report about Casey's girlfriend? I don't get what the fuss is all about?

Here's hoping for a Holly/Ronnie finale!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread