+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance Canada

Vancouver, by way of The Island of Misfit Toys

So You Think You Can Dance Canada

Get your dancing shoes on Canada - So You Think You Can Dance is coming your way. Canada's No. 1 broadcaster, CTV, together with 19 Entertainment, Ltd and dick clark productions, announced today it will develop, produce and broadcast So You Think You Can Dance Canada, an all-new Canadian version of the hit international series. In the latest deal for CTV at MIPCOM, the Canadian format rights to the series were secured from 19 Entertainment, Ltd. and dick clark productions, co-owners of the format. The deal was completed in Cannes, France today between Susanne Boyce, President, Creative, Content and Channels, CTV Inc. and 19 Entertainment's Simon Fuller, creator of the series. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

So You Think You Can Dance Canada will embark on a nation-wide search for Canada's favourite dancer. The new series will follow a similar format to its hit cousin, Canadian Idol: talented dancers of all shapes and sizes will compete to impress an expert panel of judges with their moves during a cross-country audition process. The dancers who spark the judges' interest will be invited to call-backs where they will work with some of Canada's top choreographers. The judges' will then choose the Top 20 dancers who will continue in the competition. Then, it's up to Canada to decide who stays and who goes as the public will vote for their favourites following weekly performance episodes in which the dancers are assigned different partners and dance styles to perform in competition, including hip-hop, krumping and popping to salsa, quickstep and jive.

Complete details for So You Think You Can Dance Canada, including the host, judging panel and nation-wide audition process, will be announced soon.

source : CTV.ca | CTV News, Shows and Sports -- Canadian Television
    MAY THE FIERCE BE WITH YOU!
    Morayo Ninalowo called me a "fast bloody snitch" and all I got was this lousy t-shirt?!
    ***I'm gayer than Ikea on Superbowl weekend***

Re: So You Think You Can Dance Canada

I've heard that Canada's Next Top Model cycle 2 contestant Tara-Marie Winspur will be auditioning with her best friend. I'll post more details about the audition schedule as soon as it has been released.
    Morayo Ninalowo called me a "fast bloody snitch" and all I got was this lousy t-shirt?!

Oooh, I LOVE this show.
    So pleased there's going to be a Canadian version
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan

awesome. It's finally here I've been wanting one here since the start of the 2nd american season. Can't wait

I'm really excited to see what Canada has to offer. I hope we get interesting judges that know what they're talking about.

Oh, and I hope Mia guest spots.

I was never able to get into Canadian Idol because I thought it too cheesy. I really want to like SYTYCD Canada.

FORT Fogey

unless they do some serious rigging the voting will suck as much as canadian idol

Who do you think the show will get to be the judges and choreographers? Who would you like to see?

I wonder when they'll release the names of the cities they'll be holding the auditions in. On Dec. 21st it was confirmed the show will air in 2008 but no word yet on when the auditions will be or when the show is set to begin. We'll probably have to wait until summer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by funkyfierce; 01-04-2008 at 05:28 AM.

So auditions will be held in Halifax, Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver and one more city, not revealed yet (I imagine it will be Calgary though, or maybe Edmonton).

Dates of the auditions TBA VERY soon... I'm SO excited!!!

CTV.ca | CTV's 'So You Think You Can Dance Canada' embarks on audition tour

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast