+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So You Think You Can Dance Canada

FORT Fanatic

Re: So You Think You Can Dance Canada

I am very unhappy with the judges decisions tonight. The bottom 3 were Amy & Vincent, Tatiana & Austin and Mel B & Taylor. Based on solos alone I thought Melb should go, but Tatiana was sent packing. You could hear the shock. It wasn't unanimous but I don't understand it especially after what she did last night. For the guys I think I would have sent Vincent, but it was Taylor who was chosen even though he did a great solo. Austin's solo had little dance but was jam packed with tricks. I really thought Emmanuel & Kim would be bottom 3. Guess not.

I wasn't happy with the judges either. I agree that Mel B should have gone.
    I like Austin, but his solo was just trick after trick. I think he was going for a Brandonesque (SYTYCD5) solo, but Brandon did some dancing between the tricks.
    I think Tatiana was let go because they already have a hip hopper/Krumper, like Paris was let go in SYTYCD because they had a lot of contemporary dancers.
    I don't think the dancers should pay the price for the judge's desire to retain a broader range of dance styles in the top 20.

Mel B's costume from the previous night was hideous. Made her backside look massive, which it isn't.

I loved Leah Miller's white dress from performance night, but, I have to say this, I can't stand her.
    I never liked her on Much and like her even less on this show. Her cutsie head tilts and smiles just don't work because she has a "bitch face", imo.
    I find her hard to look at because I think she's so unattractive. Sorry to be shallow, but I think she has a flat out ugly face.

I liked the group, Micahel Jackson, routine.
    I felt it copuld have been danced better, but thought it was very innovative to take his dance moves and completely change the pace.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

I was shocked that they let Tatiana go!! When I saw the bottom 3 girls, I thought for sure that she was safe. I liked her solo the best of the 3. I just don't get that decision whatsoever!

I missed the bottom 3 guys solos, I'll have to try to watch it online. Just based on performance night I could kinda see why they sent Taylor home, I didn't think his and Mel B.'s dance was that strong...

Premium Member

I was surprised that Tatiana was let go, I thought Amy might have gone her solo was so so. And Taylor did a great solo, I thought Austin was lucky to be in the competition with the gymnastic routine he pulled there was no dance there IMO. One thing I like is they tell us who is going home and don't beat around the bush like the US version. But still wrong decision IMO.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3680120;
    I loved Leah Miller's white dress from performance night, but, I have to say this, I can't stand her.
    I never liked her on Much and like her even less on this show. Her cutsie head tilts and smiles just don't work because she has a "bitch face", imo.
    I find her hard to look at because I think she's so unattractive. Sorry to be shallow, but I think she has a flat out ugly face.
    I have to agree... she is not pretty!

I liked the dancing of the first show, but I tought Jean-Marc was VERY annoying. It was just too much. I hope he'll calm down...

Premium Member

I thought eliminating Anthony was the wrong choice, Austin is rapidly turning into the partner killer, aka Dmitry from Season 2 SYTYCD US. But Dmitry was a better dancer and definitely hotter than Austin. But I really thought the judges were very harsh on Melanie B while praising Austin, please he isn't all that. I hope he goes next week.

Premium Member

Well they eliminated a couple this time, Jenna Lynn and Nicolas. I liked Nicolas but he didn't have the versality to do other styles and I was just meh on Jenna Lynn so not overly broken up about it. Who else loved that jazz funk piece choregraphed by Blake McGrath for Kim and Emanuel, seriously hot. I doubt the American version would ever go that raunchy though.

I think the Krumper girl, Natalie(?) has no business being in this competition.
    She's stunk the place out for the past two weeks.
    She's hideous outside of her own style, IMO.
    Last edited by fluff; 09-17-2009 at 06:22 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Premium Member

^ I have to agree with you on that one fluff. Everytime I see her at the beginning of the show, she just moves around like a chimp. I wasn't impressed with her at all, although I do like her partner Danny. I think the judges aren't too keen on her anymore either, if she is in the bottom 3, there is a good chance she will get the boot.

Premium Member

Well fluff, you got your wish Natalie got the boot tonight along with her partner Danny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast