+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Ghost Hunters talk about their Halloween Special: Interview with Jason and Grant

Re: The Ghost Hunters talk about their Halloween Special: Interview with Jason and Gr

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy;2642280;
    Smells are tough to measure with today's technology, anything out there to my knowledge is still subjective in nature (i.e., uses humans to "detect" or analyze a smell). There are sampling methods to detect what is in the air but most are not real time. Sorbent tubes are used to detect specific compounds in the air but they have to be sent to a lab for analysis to determine what is in the air. There are continuous emissions monitors in use by some industrial sectors but those are aimed at the really bad stuff like sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, mercury, etc. There are CEMs that measure particulate matter but that does not necessarily relate to odors or smells. Unfortuantely all the odor detection technology that I am aware of utilizes humans to detect and identify a smell, often in a controlled environment. For now, we may just have to take Grant's and Jason's word for it when it comes to smells.
    Sounds like it. Thanks for the answer. I guess I don't understand how there can be a paranormal smell in the first place, but apparently it's a common thing people experience.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Re: The Ghost Hunters talk about their Halloween Special: Interview with Jason and Gr

Great interview! I love this show. I've been watching them from the very beginning. Can't believe how much they've grown.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

FORT Newbie

I Love Your Show, I Watch It Every Wednesday Night. One Question The House That I Live Has Alot Things That Go On Here< It Scarey For Me But More Scarey For Our Children Ages From 11,9, 3 1. What Can I Do?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Adult Beverage;2641940;
    I watch this from time to time. Saw this coming on last night. When I saw the professional wrestler introduced, I had to change the channel. Was he there to body-slam the ghosts? That'd be some rasslin'!
    Apparantly his role was to scream like a girl and run through the team getting out of there.

They must have shown that clip of him on the reveal show about 5 times.

I've had several experiences. 2 that were kind of scary and my response is to freeze in place and struggle to take in air. But I don't think I would willingly go into a place like Waverly sanatorium, so I do give him props for that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by LISA GIBSON;2659003;
    I Love Your Show, I Watch It Every Wednesday Night. One Question The House That I Live Has Alot Things That Go On Here< It Scarey For Me But More Scarey For Our Children Ages From 11,9, 3 1. What Can I Do?
    Hi Lisa, we are not the Ghost Hunters and they do not read our site, so you would need to go to their website directly. I would suggest searching Google or the SciFi Channel website.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2664517;
    Apparantly his role was to scream like a girl and run through the team getting out of there.

They must have shown that clip of him on the reveal show about 5 times.
    That was my favorite part of the show. What's the deal with them choosing wrestlers for shows like this? To me, that just ruins the show. They're good enough without anything extra.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Honestly, I rewound and watched that part about a million times.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl;2668584;
    That was my favorite part of the show. What's the deal with them choosing wrestlers for shows like this? To me, that just ruins the show. They're good enough without anything extra.

SciFi has wrestling on their channel which is why the wrestler. Just as they had the host from another of their shows

Who, me?

Great questions. Great interview.

Crew of 200? Must be a smaller army for the regular shows...but small army, still. No wonder they rarely get any evidence. Knowing how big the crews are, I'll be even more distrustful of any future evidence in all of the episodes. Especially those really questionable shadows this season.

I like their debunking of places. I like it when they find good evidence, like that St. Augustine lighthouse shadow. Can't stand some of the cast members. But I never realized how big their production crews are. There is definitely good reason to suspect set ups and contamination of the sites.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12