+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: America's Psychic Challenge

FORT Regular

America's Psychic Challenge

America's Psychic Challenge
    Fridays at 10 pm et/pt on LifeTime Television

I searched to see if this show has a thread here, but did not find it. Hopefully its not a repost and hopefully some of you are watching.

I caught the show last Friday which is the third episode already. The show is quite interesting. On the first episode they have to locate a guy in a hospital room. On the second episode they had a guy hide in the trunk of a car and the contestant has to pick among 30 cars.

On the third episode, they had to pair five newlyweds. They were also brought to a crime scene and they have to give as much details as they can about the crime.

It was fascinating how some of them got a lot of details about the crime with no information given to them. Hope you guys would watch it.

You can watch the episodes here.
    Last edited by justgart; 10-28-2007 at 05:53 AM.

FORT Newbie

Re: America's Psychic Challenge

I love this show, and have been at the right place at the right time to watch all episodes so far. It is amazing how some of these people have gotten these crime scenes pegged and others have absolutely failed the test. I tried to watch the Lisa Williams show before it last week, but her show kind of creeped me out for some reason. I like this show wayyyy better than LW.

I caught one episode of this and it was pretty good. The Reiki healer did so poorly and all she could do was go on and on about "energies". Meanwhile, that one guy went to the crime scene and just nailed detail after detail - it was chilling.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Newbie

Who was the band in episode 4?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ponzu;2648180;
    Who was the band in episode 4?
    I think the host introduced them as "The Library".

I just caught the first 3 episodes On Demand and loved it. The Raiki (sp?) girl was just awful. I didn't like the "White Serpent" lady at all but she did get some things right. It's just her overall attitude. I like the Australian lady, Sylvana. She seemed to be pretty close with her readings but lacks the confidence. She had the best details about the guy with the criminal past even though she picked the wrong guy. Then she had all the dogs/owners right, but again she second-guessed herself and got some wrong. I think with the right mentor she could probably hone her skills.

Snoozin' on the beach

Stumbled upon this show and Lisa Williams at the seasons start and I loved them both. Jackie is good but really wierd and a bit abrasive. I think she enjoys projecting the oddball image and does everything she can to foster it. I was really impressed with Zenobia that first week and had her pegged to get to the end. I thought the woman who found the guy in the trunk was pretty good as well. Sylvania came off as a bit of a bitch in the quarterfinal doctor challenge and Jackie came off even odder through the whole episode. I've seen her somewhere before and I can't remember where. That pasty skin and horrible dye job and haircut are hard to forget.

I'm finding this show very intriguing. There's no denying the drama of watching the psychics recreate the crime scenes. I can see why most police department usually have one or two on call.

The problem I have is a few of the tests are not necessarily well constructed. For instance, the gal with her hands in the cock-roaches : I mean, how long could she really maintain the same intensity of fear? Her fear level has gotta be uneven, rendering it an unfair and uneven test.

Also, the producers asked the psychics to climb up steps in an urban setting, standing 2 feet from their target, trying to get a reading on three guys in wide open, bright, windy spaces, in an extremely short amount of time ... most psychics would probably find this a difficult setting at best.

Maybe that's okay though - only the very best will succeed.

Lastly, and this is probably obvious - different psychics have different skills. Some might read people better, some might predict future events better ... I guess they address this concern by putting each group through 3 different tests per episode.

I'm guessing that the winner will probably be a jack-of-all trades psychic, good at everything.

That person better be well-grounded, though, IMHO!
    Or else they are pretty whacko having to deal with all that. I almost would feel sorry for them.

Okay, sorry, long comment.

Now ... employing my own psychic energies in trying to figure out just when this show is being broadcasted ....

FORT Regular

I agree that it makes sense different people would have different strengths, so that the elimination process can seem a little luck of the draw.

One thing I would love to see followed is comparing the odds ratios to the actual outcomes in a sort of spreadsheet. Kindof as a qualitative study. They do sometimes list the odds ratio of getting all of it correct, ie 5/5, but don't break it down in terms of odds of getting 3/5 for example. Doing this sort of analysis would go a long way to try to derive whether these skills have some merit.

I am rooting for anyone but freaky White Serpent Voodoo woman. She's just weird.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast