+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: America's Psychic Challenge

FORT Fan

Re: America's Psychic Challenge

I love this show and have watched all the episodes. I am really rooting for White Magic Michelle....vs the Voodoo lady! Good vs Evil...what a showdown

I think Michelle has been totally awesome at this, she seems very spiritual and very grounded. really wonderful. I soooooo hope she wins! The challenges are great and it has been so cool to watch how accurate many of these talented pyschics are! Love it!

Good finale tonight! And very close.

I liked Jackie a good deal better than I had in previous episodes. They gave her a more humorous edit (her comment on St. Michael covering Michelle's breasts was priceless. And on point.) And hey, she's an animal lover.

I think the editing gods just loved playing up Jackie's "voodoo" dark side shtick. I can't help wondering if Jackie also plays up that stuff because, well, she's a rather plain/severe looking person sitting next to these buxom blonde contestants. Maybe there's some ego gratification trying to mess with the other women's minds.

I don't like Jackie's style but I think she's good at what she does. She doesn't fish for answers like John Edward does (I used to be a big fan of his but he's kind of a jerk sometimes).

I didn't think it was necessary for Michelle to shed tears when discussing that she is from love and bright light and Jackie is from negativity and darkness. Just because Jackie plays up the voodoo thing doesn't necessarily mean she's "evil." I think the other women were just way to sensitive about Jackie and that one lady (forgot her name) who was eliminated from the final four really seemed to enjoy pushing Jackie's buttons and was always touching her even though Jackie told her she wasn't comfortable with it. I can't stand it when people think they have the right to invade a person's personal space.

That said, I'm glad Michelle won. I already believed in psychics before and this was an affirmation, but also proved once again that they still get things wrong and shouldn't be considered a final authority on your own free will nor do they get stuff about the past right all the time either. It's good for entertainment purposes but I wouldn't rely on a psychic to make my decisions.

I believe the tears were overflow from the reading

about the couple who were murdered. She was

touched by the sadness of the murders. I believe

Jackie needs to stop threatening people. When she

made her comment that it isn't wise to piss off

a voodoo whatever it is she said, she maybe played

it as humor but it had an underlying truth to it.

I am not a person who dwells on Good Versus

Evil. I was disturbed with how she works. I don't

think I'd trust her near me. I noticed more than

once that she'd come up with things other

psychics had picked up as if she somehow got

their visions within her. It was funny during

the semi finals I think it was when she got the

reading wrong almost word for word what

Michelle had said about the man who was

allegedly drinking to much. The man didn't

drink. What she said to this man was almost word

for word what Michelle has said to the man. I am

sure she has helped a lot of people. I hope some of

the things she said during this show were just for

humor. She really didn't seem like someone people

would wish to go to for help. I didn't get any positive

feelings from her at all.

Kari Ana

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2701613;
    I don't like Jackie's style but I think she's good at what she does. She doesn't fish for answers like John Edward does (I used to be a big fan of his but he's kind of a jerk sometimes).

I didn't think it was necessary for Michelle to shed tears when discussing that she is from love and bright light and Jackie is from negativity and darkness. Just because Jackie plays up the voodoo thing doesn't necessarily mean she's "evil." I think the other women were just way to sensitive about Jackie and that one lady (forgot her name) who was eliminated from the final four really seemed to enjoy pushing Jackie's buttons and was always touching her even though Jackie told her she wasn't comfortable with it. I can't stand it when people think they have the right to invade a person's personal space.

That said, I'm glad Michelle won. I already believed in psychics before and this was an affirmation, but also proved once again that they still get things wrong and shouldn't be considered a final authority on your own free will nor do they get stuff about the past right all the time either. It's good for entertainment purposes but I wouldn't rely on a psychic to make my decisions.

FORT Fan

Wow...this show was really good IMHO

I was glad that Michelle won, but agree that Jackie came off better in the last episode. Of course with any reality show the "editing" is always a factor.

This whole series really had some awesome displays of psychic power. I was amazed that Michelle found the guy in the car trunk and then the man buried underground. Powerful stuff.

I liked the "variety" of challenges too. I usually don't watch shows like John Edwards cause it is so similar, same format, and kind of sad. Yes, the "crime scene" challenges were sad here, but the psychics sometimes seemed to give readings that helped the people involved. And the other challenges were really fascinating. Good show and congrats to Michelle, St Michael and all LOL

wow, good catch, Kari Ana.

I've been thinking about these challenges, and I've come to realize that they would be hard to structure.

The primary problem, of course, is that all a contestant has to do is read the host's mind to get the correct answers. Heh! Assuming you believe that stuff ...

Or, as you said Kari Ana, all you have to do is go second and catch what you need from the previous psychic.

All those psychic tests in the government and in colleges were carefully scripted to avoid the human contact that could compromise the results.

But I'm pretty sure those kinds of tests would make for boring television.

Anyway, I also enjoyed this show immensely and hope they go for a second season.

The reason it is so difficult to test physic ability is because the human

factor is how it works. If you tried to read a computer how do you relate?

No matter how much you understand how a computer works, you wouldn't

be reading a computer, you'd tell itself how it works. psychic's need the

human factor to be able to read. Now if you talking about the idea of

nothing but cards laying on a table and no one knows what those cards are..

it can be done. This is more of the sixth sense tests. I know for me it is

difficult to read something that has no human part to it. I can hold objects

and tell you about it's owner, and maybe even a bit about the item. I have

a horrible time telling what a card is laying face down on a table with no

human part of it at all.

Kari Ana

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;2703912;
    wow, good catch, Kari Ana.

I've been thinking about these challenges, and I've come to realize that they would be hard to structure.

The primary problem, of course, is that all a contestant has to do is read the host's mind to get the correct answers. Heh! Assuming you believe that stuff ...

Or, as you said Kari Ana, all you have to do is go second and catch what you need from the previous psychic.

All those psychic tests in the government and in colleges were carefully scripted to avoid the human contact that could compromise the results.

But I'm pretty sure those kinds of tests would make for boring television.

Anyway, I also enjoyed this show immensely and hope they go for a second season.

I'm still intrigued, back an episode ago, that two psychics flat out told the Cowboy that he needed to stop drinking so much. Where *did* that come from, do you suppose?

I think he must have someone close to him who has drinking problem. The

guy maybe had it on his mind. Maybe Michelle was trying to trip Jackie up

by sending her the blind item to trip her up. I think Michelle was picking up

on something Jackie does and used this test to find out if she is somehow

piggy backing on other's readings. I wouldn't be surprised if instead of

trusting her own abilities she wished to win so very much that she was

somehow feeing off of Michelle. Considering how she'd get almost nothing

right and then turn around and hit a home run, she was doing something

bizarre.

I have been in some situations where several psychics are in the same

room as I am. Someone wants a reading. By the time the reading is over

all of us are helping the first person express the visions they are getting

because it is like overhearing conversations. Sometimes when watching

Jon Edward or some other psychic I go nuts because they are playing the

Don't tell them bad things mantra and so they don't tell the person the

very thing they need to know. Even when the shows are taped I can

usually hear what the psychic is getting. Not sure if I expressed this well.

Kari Ana

Quote Originally Posted by dallas_viewer;2704082;
    I'm still intrigued, back an episode ago, that two psychics flat out told the Cowboy that he needed to stop drinking so much. Where *did* that come from, do you suppose?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ManySkills;2703912;

They are already looking for contestants for the next season. KariAna, would you apply for the show?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast