+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phenomenon: Uri Gellar, Criss Angel and some others magically annoy us!

Phenomenon: Uri Gellar, Criss Angel and some others magically annoy us!

Wow.

Am I the ONLY one who watched this? There wasn't even a topic 24 hours later.

Aw, heck. Even I recorded it (and JUST watched it).

And admittedly it was pretty weak (at least the acts they've shown so far). Plus, Uri Gellar is THE WORST "JUDGE" EVER. And Criss (I hate that extra "s") Angel is just annoying. Also, an annoying host (CHECK!), generic title sequence (CHECK!), generic theme music (CHECK!)...

But I figure eventually at least ONE of these magicians, er... illusionists... er... mentalists might EVENTUALLY be entertaining. Maybe.

On tape.

Comments?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Phenomenon: Uri Gellar, Criss Angel and some others magically annoy us!

I watched it Krom!!! Hell, I even voted!

I watched it totally and completely because of Criss Angel I would watch it if Criss recited the alphabet over and over!

An added bonus is that it also had Ross the Intern....what a wonderful surprise and I thought he was absolutely hilarious! I wonder if he (and Rachel and Carmen) will be on there every week?!!!

As far as the contestants were concerned, the only one I really liked was Eran. He was the one who used the nail air gun. That was good and suspenseful.

Next week will be a 2 hour Halloween show.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I liked it fairly well, enough to tune in again and see how it progresses. I didn't really find the judges or the host annoying.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2630298;
    An added bonus is that it also had Ross the Intern....what a wonderful surprise and I thought he was absolutely hilarious! I wonder if he (and Rachel and Carmen) will be on there every week?!!!
    i had no interest in the show, but my daughter insisted i watch because she knew i liked ross (i had no idea he was going to be on it). he's freaking hilarious

and as for rachel hunter? could she act any more SNOBBISH??? :thumb

i think the guys spend too much time talking ...

FORT Fan

I liked the show okay, but I must say Criss Angel blows all of these acts away. The air nail guy I knew exactly how he figured out which one Carmen did by the tone of her voice. I'm still on the fence, and I will tune in again. I was surprised they didn't say anything about the rat trap guy and his right guess from Rachel Hunter. (Jeff Goldblum) I always find the psychic part more interesting. I also agree- Rachel is a bore...

FORT Newbie

Uri, you were a fraud in the past, and you're still a fraud now. *finger salute*

FORT Fan

What? No posts on this horrid, horrid show?? I watched it last night, and found it very cringeworthy. The worst part was the guy who wanted to fight Criss because Criss called him out. His act was ridiculous anyway. I did like the mind control guy (yin/yang) and the "clue" guy. I always find those entertaining because I can't figure out how they do it. The stop your heart guy was weird too, and if that is all he can do, big deal!
    Ross was getting on my nerves with his schtick "Don't hurt me, don't hurt me!" and I love Ross!
    Not sure if I will tune in next week- maybe if nothing else is on.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I missed the actual episode but have seen the YouTube clips regarding this incident....

Link Here

Angel sparks altercation on ‘Phenomenon’

LOS ANGELES - An altercation occurred on the set of NBC’s supernatural show “Phenomenon” on Wednesday night during the live taping.

The incident involved contestant Jim Callahan, who took offense to comments made by “Phenomenon” judge Criss Angel, the “Mind Freak” who fronts the show alongside legendary mentalist Uri Geller.

After performing a stunt where Callahan claimed to have been possessed by the spirit of author Raymond Hill, Callahan didn’t take Angel’s criticism well and “went after” the “Mind Freak” according to a witness on the scene.

“Criss jumped out of his chair,” the witness told Access Hollywood, “And was ready to battle it out.”

Following the stunt, Geller certainly seemed to be convinced by the act, calling it “very convincing,” while Angel appeared anxious for his turn to weigh in.

“Criss, I can see you’re itching to say something,” noted “Phenomenon” host and Access Hollywood’s Tim Vincent.

“I just think it’s comical quite frankly,” Angel said.

Angel then pulled an envelope from his pocket and appeared to challenge not only Callahan’s abilities but also those of his fellow judge Geller.

“I will give you a million dollars of my personal money right now if either one of you can tell me specific details of what’s in here right now,” Angel insisted.

The challenge clearly didn’t sit well with the contestant.

“OK, man, I’ll tell you what I will tell you. I find you an ideological bigot,” Callahan responded as he made his way toward Angel.

“Tell me what’s in the envelope,” Angel kept repeating.

Angel then got out of his seat to meet Callahan, as Geller and Vincent came between the two men and separated them.

“It’s a live show. This is not planned. We’ll see you after the commercial break,” Vincent told the audience as the show cut to commercial with Vincent pulling Callahan away from Angel.

When they returned, order appeared to have been restored as Vincent and Callahan were on stage, with Vincent even making a joke that it was like an episode of the “Jerry Springer Show.”

The show then posted Callahan’s phone number for viewers to call in and vote, and they moved on to a special tribute from Angel to Harry Houdini.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by dragonlord;2640649;
    Uri, you were a fraud in the past, and you're still a fraud now. *finger salute*
    That pretty well sums it up

The Amazing Randi should be the judge!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

YES! I cannot believe the Amazing Randi hasnt shown up on any cable new shows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast