+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 120 FirstFirst ... 34747576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 1200
Like Tree526Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

  1. #831
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,224

    Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

    Rob's dilemma is very interesting. He's crying about not getting any respect from his family and not being taken seriously. But, what he isn't admitting to himself is that up until recently he WAS a slacker, acting as a playboy and living off of his family without contributing any work effort to speak of. But, he was also very young, so maybe we have to give him a little leeway for that. But now he's getting older and wants to be taken seriously. What he doesn't realize is that you have to earn respect BEFORE people will give it to you. It isn't the other way around. He hasn't earned any respect yet, but, for the first time he seems to be trying. He's trying to do a few projects on his own -- his sock line and wanting to open a men's version of his family's clothing store -- and some personal appearances and DWTS --- Yes, it's all coming from being a "Kardashian" but at least he's trying, and he's not the total non-productive sleezeball that he used to be, several years ago.

    Same for Scott. When we first met him, he was the consummate playboy alcoholic sleezeball. But he's come a long way too. Still not perfect but taking his responsibilities much more like a man now. It's good to see. I couldn't stand him at first, but I really like him a lot better now. (And additional 'props' to Scott for being able to put up with Kourtney. That woman is a total OCD controlling ball breaker!!! Don't know how Scott does it, but he is hanging in there with her, no matter how badly she treats him. Yes, I get why she doesn't 'trust' that he won't go back to his old ways, but her condescending and humilitating treatment of Scott seems to go way beyond that.)
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 08-27-2012 at 11:19 AM.

  2. #832
    FORT Fogey tinderbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,312

    Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Rob's dilemma is very interesting. He's crying about not getting any respect from his family and not being taken seriously. But, what he isn't admitting to himself is that up until recently he WAS a slacker, acting as a playboy and living off of his family without contributing any work effort to speak of. But, he was also very young, so maybe we have to give him a little leeway for that. But now he's getting older and wants to be taken seriously. What he doesn't realize is that you have to earn respect BEFORE people will give it to you. It isn't the other way around. He hasn't earned any respect yet, but, for the first time he seems to be trying. He's trying to do a few projects on his own -- his sock line and wanting to open a men's version of his family's clothing store -- and some personal appearances and DWTS --- Yes, it's all coming from being a "Kardashian" but at least he's trying, and he's not the total non-productive sleezeball that he used to be, several years ago.

    Same for Scott. When we first met him, he was the consummate playboy alcoholic sleezeball. But he's come a long way too. Still not perfect but taking his responsibilities much more like a man now. It's good to see. I couldn't stand him at first, but I really like him a lot better now. (And additional 'props' to Scott for being able to put up with Kourtney. That woman is a total OCD controlling ball breaker!!! Don't know how Scott does it, but he is hanging in there with her, no matter how badly she treats him. Yes, I get why she doesn't 'trust' that he won't go back to his old ways, but her condescending and humilitating treatment of Scott seems to go way beyond that.)
    I hear what you're saying and agree with you.

    I'm not a shrink but I think one of Rob's biggest hurdles in life is not having his father's guidance and love on a daily basis. Yes, he's got Bruce and I'm sure he loves and respects Bruce but Bruce is not his dad. (To some degree Lamar is also a father figure for Rob.) He seems sooooo lost.

  3. #833
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,224

    Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

    I think that if Robert Kardashian were still alive, he would be very disappointed in his son + he would be giving Rob some stern lectures! Rob just seems to be one of those people who would, if it were up to him, just skate by and try to live the 'high life' the easy way. And he does not seem to have any work ethic at all. All of his siblings and both of his parents are/were extremely hard workers, and very motivated to succeed and be bigger than life. Even his 2 little sisters are taking after the older sisters, and at ages 15 and 17, go to school and have careers already. All of the Kardashian/Jenner women are passionate about certain things. In their case it's fashion, hair/makeup, glitz, stardom, etc. But Rob is different from all of them. He's just not like that, and doesn't seem to have any career passions of his own. I think that (like many people), if he could find something that he truly loved and cared about, he'd be much more motivated to go in that direction and work hard at succeeding in that area. But missing that, he is lucky in that, with such a highly successful family, he can, at least, get some momentum by riding on their coattails, and getting some entertainment gigs here and there, and also try to piggy-back off of their retail endeavors to start up a couple of little businesses of his own.

  4. #834
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4,492

    Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

    Rob Kardashian Law School Claims Denied by USC - The Hollywood Reporter

    What's up with this and Rob?

    I saw on an entertainment site online (a few weeks ago) that Rob was going to USC Law School following in his Dad's footsteps (likely Rob tweeted about it hence making it on the internet).

    I thought, wow, great. Rob needs something like this.

    Then the other day I was on the internet reading and saw this article …. sheesh, Rob.


    Excerpts from the most recent article responding to Rob's tweets.

    The reality star tweeted that he would be continuing his studies as a Trojan, but the school fired back saying he “hasn’t even applied.”

    Rob Kardashian is (maybe) heading back to school.

    The reality star, who rose to fame on E!’s Keeping Up With the Kardashians and went on to finish in second place on the thirteenth season of ABC’s Dancing With the Stars, tweeted that he would be returning to the University of Southern California to pursue a law degree.

    “Going to Law School very soon and so excited and can’t wait!” he wrote. “School just never ends for me! #UnivesityofSouthernCal #Trojans #FightOn.”


    The USC Gould School of Law, however, denies having ever received his application.


    “Rob Kardashian is not coming here, but we wish him luck at law school,” one tweet, aimed at several gossip outlets, stated. “Rob Kardashian hasn’t even applied to USC Law,” read another.


    Rob needs something like school to refocus him.
    KAREN

  5. #835
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,170

    Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

    I just heard that Kourtney had separated from Scott due to him leaving Mason alone in a car to go into a store. Is this true? I wonder if it's just another desperate plea for attention from the media hounds they are.

  6. #836
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4,492

    Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I just heard that Kourtney had separated from Scott due to him leaving Mason alone in a car to go into a store. Is this true? I wonder if it's just another desperate plea for attention from the media hounds they are.
    Kourtney Kardashian Kicks Scott Disick To The Curb… Again?! | PerezHilton.com

    Found this, Debb!

    OH BOTHER. AGAIN with these two.
    Debb70 likes this.
    KAREN

  7. #837
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,709

    Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

    Um I kind of see her being highly upset. It's been hot in parts of California and its dangerous to leave a kid in a car. Mason could have been kidnapped he is somewhat a celebrity.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  8. #838
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4,492

    Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

    Oh sorry KIM … my heart breaks for you. NOT.

    ALthough, with all the money you are making doing nothing, you will find a way to BUY yourself on to the HWOF!


    No Hollywood Walk of Fame star for Kim Kardashian
    KAREN

  9. #839
    addicted to reality AmyKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    1,368

    Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

    it was my understanding that even if you get "accepted" to the hwof, you/your people must raise the money to actually have it happen. There was a LA DJ that was raising money to get Adam West his star, and I would have thought someone with as much history as him would be GIVEN one. *shrug*

    I personally dont think KK deserves a star, but thats just my opinion.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

  10. #840
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,709

    Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

    Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Oh sorry KIM … my heart breaks for you. NOT.

    ALthough, with all the money you are making doing nothing, you will find a way to BUY yourself on to the HWOF!


    No Hollywood Walk of Fame star for Kim Kardashian
    It's only like a few thousand dollars. Not much to Kim K.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.