+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 110 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Like Tree388Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

I agree that Mama Jenner seriously underestimated the backlash that came with the divorce so quickly after the wedding. I watched the "E" show (yes I am ashamed) and if they saw John Edwards on Sept 30 - that was about six weeks after she got married. So if the timeline adds up (and I am sure there is a lot of editing and juggling) she knew she wanted out six weeks after she married. She admitted she wanted the fairytale and tried to mold Kris H into her life but it just did not fit! Memo to Kris H: Just cut your ties, be very glad there is no baby and come home to Minnesota! We would NEVER make fun of wanting State Fair Food at a wedding reception!
    Minney likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CenturyRand View Post
    I agree that Mama Jenner seriously underestimated the backlash that came with the divorce so quickly after the wedding. I watched the "E" show (yes I am ashamed) and if they saw John Edwards on Sept 30 - that was about six weeks after she got married. So if the timeline adds up (and I am sure there is a lot of editing and juggling) she knew she wanted out six weeks after she married. She admitted she wanted the fairytale and tried to mold Kris H into her life but it just did not fit! Memo to Kris H: Just cut your ties, be very glad there is no baby and come home to Minnesota! We would NEVER make fun of wanting State Fair Food at a wedding reception!

We'd let you have a hog roast if you wanted that too--and we'd completely understand the urge to build your dream house on lakefront property.
    Minney likes this.

FORT Fan

and now he's claiming that there was another man. Juicy!
    Trust Me!

Mark Sanchez
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    and now he's claiming that there was another man. Juicy!
    Isn't he also claiming the whole wedding was a sham from the get go...because if that's true you have to wonder why he is suddenly acting so upset about this

My understanding is that he is claiming SHE knew it was a sham, but HE didn't. As for why he is so upset - well, first he's immature. He may also be trying to milk this for his own fame. But I think the reason he has mainly come out swinging is because the Kardashian/Jenner clan, in their attempt to somehow redeem the farce that was a multi-million dollar wedding for a marriage that lasted less than 3 months and all the backlash that has accompanied it, is to make him out to be the villian - so that we will all sympathize with Kim and why she just had no other option but to get out after 72 days. In my opinion, he has a right to be upset about that. He's not a saint - but seriously, neither is she, and this trying to paint herself as one just makes her look dumber and dumber. Seriously - she knew what he was before she married him - even those who watch the show have seen evidence of that. She just got so caught up in wanting to be married by 30 and have her big dream wedding that she never actually stopped to think about what it would be like to be married to this guy.

Kris Humphries is requesting a televised divorce trial, which another divorce attorney says is a brilliant move on his part....and would be Kim's worst nightmare. Kim would be cross-examined under oath, and Kris H could subpoena members of the production crew. They could also subpoena the raw footage to back up their claims that the wedding was a complete fraud. If the marriage were to be declared a fraud, then I guess that Kris H could get an annulment and beat Kim at her own game. A judge will decide whether or not to allow cameras in the courtroom. And needless to say, Kim is trying to block this from happening. I hope that the judge rules in Kris H's favor. I am sure that Kim and her mother never expected Kris H to fight back, and they are now scrambling to stop this from happening.
    Minney and AmyKay like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Kris Humphries is requesting a televised divorce trial, which another divorce attorney says is a brilliant move on his part....and would be Kim's worst nightmare. Kim would be cross-examined under oath, and Kris H could subpoena members of the production crew. They could also subpoena the raw footage to back up their claims that the wedding was a complete fraud. If the marriage were to be declared a fraud, then I guess that Kris H could get an annulment and beat Kim at her own game. A judge will decide whether or not to allow cameras in the courtroom. And needless to say, Kim is trying to block this from happening. I hope that the judge rules in Kris H's favor. I am sure that Kim and her mother never expected Kris H to fight back, and they are now scrambling to stop this from happening.
    Well, that would be ironic, wouldn't it? Up until now, Kim has pretty much spent most of her life on camera, and it could be that constant visibility--and all that footage that's been shot--that ends up being used against her.

I suspect the Kardashians didn't expect a fight either, which was rather silly of them. If Kris H. feels made a fool of, why would he just take it lying down? And since the Kardashians have made practically the entire world aware of how much money they have made for doing basically nothing, it certainly isn't beyond the pale that someone who felt used by them might go after them for a monetary settlement too. Or that Kris might not want a vindication of his character rather than let the Kardashians control the story of the wedding, marriage, and divorce.

I'm not a huge fan of Kris H. or Kim, but I don't think it's unusual that Kris--or anyone in his position--might not choose to fight as opposed to just backing down. If the Kardashians couldn't see that as a possibility, then they were very short-sighted.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

If Kris Humphries gets his televised divorce trial, WOW, that would be the "reality show" of "reality shows"!!! --- Not only would the viewers get to see everything, but there would be no way to fake anything, or edit the footage in someone's favor or against anyone. As Dragnet (Detective Jack Friday for those of you old enough to remember) used to say, "Just the facts m'am, just the facts." You're right Longhornfan, that WOULD be Kim's worst nightmare. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Kim (and all of the Kardashians) have used tv to advance their purposes and make millions upon millions of dollars as a result ---- and now this very same tv coverage could all but ruin them. Very interesting. . .
    ness likes this.

Here's my prediction - if the judge grants the request to televise it, we will hear of a confidential settlement within days of the ruling coming down. Regardless of what the pre-nup says, she will pay him off. There is no way we will ever see this televised. She will wait to see what the judges ruling is - but if he decides to televise it, it will all go away.

+ Reply to Thread