+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 110 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Like Tree384Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

FORT Fogey

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

These people need their own lives period. Kris and Bruce need to focus on the children they are still raising, and get out of the others lives so much. I think that Khloe moving is a great thing. I hope it makes her even closer to her husband, and she gets a new set of friends. It is one thing to love and be with your family, but these people are closer than I am with the family I am still raising and living with.

They also need to get their priorities straight. Kourtney has a child and one on the way, and she is in a serious relationship with Scott. They need to get some privacy in their lives and put more effort into the things that need them like their relationship and their children.

Kim is so annoying. I cannot stomach her at all. She is a major whiner and narcissistic brat. I do not see her having any sort of serious relationship unless she can grow up a lot, and get some sense of the real world.

Kim will never have a normal life or relationship unless she get's out of her mom's Kardashian cult.
    AmyKay likes this.

I feel so "Kardashian" whenever I click the "like" button on Facebook. None of those kids will ever have a "normal" life. Their momager saw to that.
    I would love to count the number of times these girls use the word "like" in an episode but I can not tolerate more than 2 minutes of this show. Khole is the only one I can halfway like & that in all honesty is because of Lamar.
    Last edited by PA Snow Bunny; 12-21-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    Moontat likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Just saw the commercial for Kendall's birthday special. In it, she says to Kris, "You keep making it bigger and bigger and I don't want this!" Kris looks extremely annoyed at the comment. While normally I'd not like a sixteen year old taking that tone with her mother, Kendall sounded as if she was so frustrated she didn't know how else to get her mother to listen.

Look, if the kid doesn't want her birthday turned into an E! Special, if she doesn't want to seem like the over-privileged brats on My Super Sweet Sixteen, maybe you should consider yourself fortunate. And it is her birthday party. If she wants something simpler, what's the problem? Personally, I wonder if, having seen the fallout from Kim's wedding, Kendall just doesn't want to be put in the position of being targeted as yet another Kardashian spending way too much on a party and/or getting paid to celebrate her own birthday. At sixteen, she may prefer not to face that kind of public heat, and if that's the case, who can blame her?

Oh, man, as I was writing this, I just saw some clips about the Kendall birthday party special on E! Seems that Kendall went to a children's hospital with sister Khloe and visited with a girl her own age who's fighting cancer. After that, she came home and told her mother that she didn't feel right having the big extravagant party her mother wanted to throw her when there were people her age facing such huge problems--that having such a party would make her look and feel over-privileged. Now I really hope she gets her way and has a smaller party and pushes her mother to donate the rest of what she had planned to spend to that hospital. If Kendall is compassionate and wise enough to recognize that there are far more important things in life than a fancy sweet sixteen party, then she should be commended for that.
    I just had a huge surprise!!! I was watching the Kendall Sweet Sixteen episode --- and when they finally came toward the end of the episode and showed the actual party --- I couldn't believe my eyes because my grandson, (who goes to school with, and is friends with) Kendall and Kylie --- was there on the screen in the midst of the crowd of kids! It was so much fun to see him there --- and he looked like he was having a great time! So I can report back that the party WAS a lot of fun, that it did not go way over the top (at least in comparison to what Kris Jenner originally wanted to do for the party), and they all had a great time. Actually, I think the biggest thrill for my grandson was to meet Lamar Odom -- cause he got to sit and talk with him for a few minutes!
    Bunny555 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I just happened upon maybe the last twenty minutes of Kendall's Sweet Sixteen. Given the craziness in which Kendall has grown up, she was fairly reasonable. She didn't get the tattoo after all, partially because she knew it would upset her father. She told her friends to bring gifts for the kids in the children's hospital rather than for her. She said she didn't care if she sat in the corner all night as long as her friends had a good time at the party. She rolled her eyes a bit at her father's over-protectiveness and insistence on security, but no more than probably any sixteen year old would--and when push came to shove, she went to Khloe and asked her to make an announcement that it was no alcohol allowed party when she heard some people were trying to sneak booze in (she should have talked to Mama Kris, who insisted on dragging in a bottle of champagne). I mean, it was still a huge party, but compared to the brats on My Super Sweet Sixteen, it was practically subdued.

I also liked that Kylie put together a video display of photos of Kendall's other birthday parties as a surprise gift, and that she did it herself. Liked Bruce's "fatherly talk" about the responsibilities of driving when Kendall got her license too and that Kendall appeared to take him seriously. Oh, and I liked that Khloe said that she thought Bruce was a good father but that she thought he needed to give Kendall more credit, which Bruce did when Khloe told him that Kendall was the one who was worried about the alcohol at the party and asked her to make an announcement (and I did think it was kind of funny that she went to Khloe, since of all her older siblings, I think Khloe probably would and could do the best job of getting a troublemaker out of the party). Best line also went to Khloe, who told Kylie and Rob that they better be careful, because they were getting too "Mommified."

Compared to Kim and Kourtney, Kendall seemed almost refreshingly sensible.
    tapper01 likes this.

FORT Fogey

The National League of Junior Cotillions (yeah, I had no idea such a thing existed either) has given Kim Kardashian its first annual worst behaved person of the year award. Of course, back in 2007, they listed Mylie Cyrus at the top of their list of best behaved people for the positive example she set for young people. I'm guessing they may not feel quite the same way about her now as they did then.

Kim is also getting $600,000 for her New Year's Eve appearances in Las Vegas. The average salary for a Vegas "talent" on New Year's Eve is $100,000, though obviously some very popular acts (e.g. Lady Gaga) would fetch quite a bit more. Still, I'm not quite sure what makes Kim worth six times as much as your average headliner. Rob Kardashian also has a New Year's gig in Vegas, though tickets to his "event," while over $100, are still considerably cheaper than tickets to Kim's. Guess Rob isn't getting as far away from the family business as one might hope.
    Lizard and jenniferboston1 like this.

I hate that greedy family, that does no good ever.

I was channel surfing a couple of nights ago and saw part of one show where Kourtney had gone all extreme coupon crazy. That was sooooooooo fake. You could tell in the interview type bits that when she was talking about how cool it is to save money with coupons that she was totally reading from a script.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I saw the extreme couponing episode too, but I was too busy being appalled that anyone would buy a baby grand because it looks nice with no intention of really learning how to play it--and then agreeing to return it, provided his wife had dirty sex on top of it with him first. For God's sake, how can you expect a store to take back anything once you've done that on top of it? EWWW!

FORT Fogey

Sad thing is if that store put it on Ebay and advertised it as such, there would be morons lining up to buy it.

+ Reply to Thread