+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 139 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121 ... LastLast
Like Tree855Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I've often thought that Khloe probably suffered by comparison to her sisters, who are much more petite and girly than she is. It is perhaps possible that since she knew she couldn't be "that" that she chose to emphasize the difference, as you pointed out. It's not like she would suddenly be able to shrink herself to look like her sisters. She also just doesn't strike me as being as overly interested in "girly" stuff as her sisters are. Not that she's not feminine, but I could picture Khloe, say, throwing a football around or climbing a tree faster than I could see either of her sisters doing that.

Maybe that's also why she seems to love Lamar more genuinely than Kim cared for Kris or Kourtney cares for Scott. He likes her for who she is--he genuinely prefers her to her sisters as she is. I also tend to believe Khloe when she says she isn't competitive with Kim, because she doesn't want what Kim has. She prefers what she has. I think that's true now. It may not always have been true, but it seems to be now.
    Yep.

Matter of fact, before Khloe and Lamar married on the show, I seem to recall seeing one of their dates. Khloe went with Lamar to shoot hoops outside and talk. I truly believe that Kourtney and Kim would voluntarily run through hell in gasoline drawers before they EVER did anything like that on a date with either/any of their men.

I also believe that Lamar loves and accepts Khloe just for who and what she is. And with that unconditional acceptance, it's no wonder to me that she seems more grounded, happy and mature as a result.

(I also absolutely LOVED it, too, when Khloe put Kourtney on blast about saying/suggesting that Khloe and Kim had issues because they were competitive. When I saw it, I completely believed that Khloe meant every word of what she said when she denied that that was the case. If the girl was lying, she's one of the best I've ever seen.)

Additionally, Khloe is willing to compromise and do what is necessary to nurture her marriage because she truly does love Lamar, I feel. The Hump even mentioned it when he said to Kim: "Khloe is down for her man." She is. Whether or not she would ever woman up and admit it, either to herself or to anybody else, if she were smart, Kim could and would have taken a page or two (or three) out of Khloe's marital book.

Example: Upon returning from their honeymoon, she and Kris would've moved into their own quarters, instead of sharing accommodations with Kourtney, Scott and Mason.

Example: Instead of insisting that Kris accompany her to parties after he clearly told her of his concerns for getting up and going to the gym to keep his skills sharp, she would've happily gone by herself and informed anyone who asked that he was sleeping because he had to hit the gym early in the morning, and not given a happy flying rip WHAT anyone thought.

Example: Since Kim was hellbent and determined that they move in with Kourtney and Company, once Kris made the decision to go to Minnesota and train, if she were reasonable, she could and would have worked around any business commitments she might've had in New York, and become bi-stateal by flying between New York and Minnie, when she didn't have commitments pending. And she could have tried working with him in order to come up with a reasonable schedule of flying on his part that wouldn't be greatly detrimental to his training, too, so it wouldn't be just her hopping red-eye planes. And if she had to be the one to give up a little more of the running between states for awhile, then so be it. I mean, my God, it's not like they're hurting for money to be able to afford the plane tickets, after all.
    Last edited by ness; 12-18-2011 at 01:11 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Kim and Kourtney do seem more obsessed with getting their own way than Khloe does, perhaps because they're more used to being the center of attention, particularly Kim. I loved the clip of Kris Humphreys telling Kim, who was objecting to the idea of potentially raising kids in Minnesota because she couldn't pursue her career there, that after she had a couple of kids, probably no one would care about her anymore. I mean, I know it was a cruel way to put it, but honestly, he's probably right. Hollywood isn't kind to real actresses over forty, much less women famous for being famous. Kim is already in her thirties. It's not like she's going to be paid to attend her own birthday parties forever. Maybe Kris is more aware of such things than Kim wants to be, because as an athlete, he knows his professional playing days aren't limitless either. The look Kim shot Kris at that moment was particularly nasty. I don't think she even wants to contemplate not being the star of her own parade.

Unlike Kim, Khloe may not be thrilled about moving to Texas, but she's at least willing to give it a try, now that Lamar's been traded. She was also willing to tell Mama Kris and Kim no when they through a hissy fit a while back because Khloe called to say she would be late for a big party of Kim's in Las Vegas. Lamar had been hurt in a game and taken to the hospital and she made it clear, in no uncertain terms, that until she was sure he was okay, she wasn't going anyway. Period.

Maybe that's why I like Khloe better than the other two, even if I do think she has issues of her own. She's willing to tell Kris no and mean it, and she's willing to move on and try to have an adult private life of her own, apart from the Kardashian "brand." By the way, I think it's pretty telling that Mama Kris objected strenuously to Kim even suggesting that she might take Kris' name but Khloe either wasn't criticized for hyphenating or just didn't care if she was.

Incidentally, I saw Rob being interviewed and he said he was temporarily moving to Texas, because Lamar asked him to, as he didn't want Khloe being alone when he was on the road with the team. I don't know if Lamar felt that way because he was worried about her safety or if he was just concerned about leaving her alone in a place where she didn't really know anyone yet and might be lonely.

FORT Fogey

^^ I totally agree with everything.

I don't watch this show regularly, but I watch enough to feel like I have a pretty good grip on the personalities of the sisters. And while I wouldn't say I "like" Khloe, I wouldn't really want to spend time with her, I sure as heck like her more than Kourtney and Kim! I feel she's the only one who's unscripted, and the only one who even somewhat resembles a real person anymore. Kim and MamaKris and Kourtney are all solely focused on keeping themselves in the spotlight and cultivating their image/drama/personas. I feel like Khloe is living a real life. Well, at least compared to her sisters and mother.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

I rarely watch this show but tuned in recently to see Kim and Chris disolve. It is all so odd, scripted and ridiculous. Kim wants to get pregnant and in a heartbeat changes her mind? Oh come on. They did not even discuss where they would live before they married? Chis was not into having a baby so soon either! He said so and then she worries about telling Chris of her decision not to get pregnant right away. What is wrong with them? Well, I should say why to they agree to this damaging script? I am sure they have a decent IQ but they don't seem to be all that bright. And I am not even touching on Scott and Courtney's relationship. Nuts, all of them and all of this.

FORT Fogey

What I thought was particularly alarming about the baby talk was that first Kim was all for it and her husband was understandably reluctant, since they'd been married about a minute and a half, were living with her sister/baby daddy/ son etc. Then, when he comes around, and tells her that maybe she's right and they should start trying, she tells him she's changed her mind and is going back on birth control. Geez, having a baby should be something both of them should discuss and come to a conclusion about together Kim seemed to think it should all be done on her timetable.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    What I thought was particularly alarming about the baby talk was that first Kim was all for it and her husband was understandably reluctant, since they'd been married about a minute and a half, were living with her sister/baby daddy/ son etc. Then, when he comes around, and tells her that maybe she's right and they should start trying, she tells him she's changed her mind and is going back on birth control. Geez, having a baby should be something both of them should discuss and come to a conclusion about together Kim seemed to think it should all be done on her timetable.
    ..........and Chris could not tolerate living with Mason in that hotel suite. Smelled his dirty diaper and announced he could not handle that. AND they don't have the money to have their own room? So he goes to Minesota?

As I said, I just dropped in to see Kim's marriage dissolve, I have not watched this before other than a peek as I cruise by. I consider myself fully informed as to why this marriage will not work! I don't need to watch any more. One good thing, it is not a complicated plot.

Here is what I have heard about Khloe moving to Dallas. They are not looking at buying anything, just leasing a place near the American Airlines Center. There are some very expensive places for them to pick from in the downtown area, and those will come with high security surveilance. I am sure that Khloe will garner a lot of attention from the local media in the beginning, which might die down once the new has worn off. At least I hope so.

I live in the Dallas area and had to endure hearing about Tony Romo dating Jessica Simpson, which got old quickly. I kind of think Jessica's dad, I guess you could call him a "dadager", is cut out of the same cloth as Kris Jenner. They both seem to have made millions off of their children and have undue influence over everything, especially the personal lives of their children. I am not saying that Kim and Jessica are exactly alike, but they do share many traits. They have just taken slightly different routes. Jessica started out as the daughter of a Baptist minister, with this wholesome reputation, and Kim for a leaked sex tape.

FORT Fogey

I just heard Kourtney doubt how sincere Scott is about his Judaism, because whenever she asks him anything about the First Testament, he doesn't know anything.

The First Testament? I wouldn't know anything about that either.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I think it was very lovely that Scott wanted to reconnect with his roots and re-discover the connection that he had once had, in his childhood. And although Kourtney started out being very condescending and sarcastic, as she always is, good for her in finally coming around and being supportive. There are so many mixed-religion and bi-racial couples in the world, that it is very nice to acknowledge and honor the heritage of BOTH parents.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I think it was very lovely that Scott wanted to reconnect with his roots and re-discover the connection that he had once had, in his childhood. And although Kourtney started out being very condescending and sarcastic, as she always is, good for her in finally coming around and being supportive. There are so many mixed-religion and bi-racial couples in the world, that it is very nice to acknowledge and honor the heritage of BOTH parents.
    I was very moved by Scott, too. I really wanted to put my foot through the TV when Kourtney was giving him SUCH a hard time, and he lost his confidence and almost didn't go through with it. Kudos to Scott!

And speaking of Scott . . .

My mouth dropped open when he took the rap for the party in an attempt to try to save Kris' ass. Amazing. Sure, I understand "The Guy Code". However, if Kris didn't run into his own walls, how would he learn anything?

But . . .

As stupid as Kris having that party was in the first, place, I do have to admit that he DID learn something when he found out Scott took the heat for that silly-ass party he threw in their suite. And I DO have to give Kris a thumbs-up for not letting Scott get charbroiled for it.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread