+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 119 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Like Tree502Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

FORT Fogey

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Just saw the commercial for Kendall's birthday special. In it, she says to Kris, "You keep making it bigger and bigger and I don't want this!" Kris looks extremely annoyed at the comment. While normally I'd not like a sixteen year old taking that tone with her mother, Kendall sounded as if she was so frustrated she didn't know how else to get her mother to listen.

Look, if the kid doesn't want her birthday turned into an E! Special, if she doesn't want to seem like the over-privileged brats on My Super Sweet Sixteen, maybe you should consider yourself fortunate. And it is her birthday party. If she wants something simpler, what's the problem? Personally, I wonder if, having seen the fallout from Kim's wedding, Kendall just doesn't want to be put in the position of being targeted as yet another Kardashian spending way too much on a party and/or getting paid to celebrate her own birthday. At sixteen, she may prefer not to face that kind of public heat, and if that's the case, who can blame her?

I wonder what will happen if Kylie and Kendall just don't want to go along with Momager Kris's plan for their lives to the same degree their older siblings have? They aren't, after all, Kardashians. They're Jenners. They were also pushed into the spotlight at much younger ages, before they really had any choice in the matter. Now that they're getting closer to legal adulthood, they may choose to go in other directions. I know they're both modeling now, but even that's more separate from the family business, unless they're modeling the Kardashian line, and so far as I know, they're not. They may even feel that being typecast as a "Kardashian" will help them as models, because it may make potential employers worry about them acting as if they're spoiled or privileged on set.

Oh, man, as I was writing this, I just saw some clips about the Kendall birthday party special on E! Seems that Kendall went to a children's hospital with sister Khloe and visited with a girl her own age who's fighting cancer. After that, she came home and told her mother that she didn't feel right having the big extravagant party her mother wanted to throw her when there were people her age facing such huge problems--that having such a party would make her look and feel over-privileged. Now I really hope she gets her way and has a smaller party and pushes her mother to donate the rest of what she had planned to spend to that hospital. If Kendall is compassionate and wise enough to recognize that there are far more important things in life than a fancy sweet sixteen party, then she should be commended for that.

In another clip, Bruce was insisting there would be no booze at the party, and Khloe and Kim were both protesting that it was her sweet sixteen. Uh, yeah--and drinking age is 21, isn't it? Seems to me it would be wise, especially if E! is televising the whole thing, not to be breaking the law. Kendall also approaches her father about getting a tattoo on the back of her neck, where, according to Kendall, it wouldn't show, and Bruce tells her no. Again, it seems reasonable to me. If she still wants a tattoo when she's eighteen and a legal adult, then, fine. She gets to make the decision. But tattoos are hard to get rid of, and teenagers tend to make impulsive decisions--and if she wants the same tattoo in the same place in two years, then it won't be an impulsive decision. Until then, there's always henna and other sorts of temporary tattoos she can have instead. For that matter, if she's serious about wanting to be a model, she might want to check with her agent about whether a tattoo is a good idea for a teenage model or not first.

This whole deal with these people is kind of like watching a train wreck, to me.

You really DON'T want to look at the mess, but . . .

DAMN.

Random thoughts:

Based on what I'm seeing so far, neither Kim OR The Hump would exactly qualify for a halo, but for my money, Kim comes off looking a WHOLE lot worse than HE does. If their plan was to make him look like a complete jackass and thereby clean up their/Kim's mess by doing so, they've failed miserably, IMHO.

Kim, bless her heart, is a spoiled, self-centered, money-grubbing brat who's masquerading as a grown-ass woman. The child has NO clue. NONE. Bottom line, everything I've seen from her so far pretty much --- in my estimation --- boils down to:

"I'M making the money, so . . . I'M running this show! Everything goes the way I want it to, or it doesn't go at ALL!"

Doesn't sound like a very good mental attitude to have to insure a successful marriage, to me.

And that look on her face when she tried to jump The Hump about breaking her toenail? I swear, that look on that face of hers actually made her resemble Maleficent, to me. If she'd been a cadaverish pale green and wearing a horned headpiece, she'd've been a dead ringer for Big M.

Kris Jenner . . .

I'm sorry, but as far as I can tell, she's pimping her whole family, and it's legal. And they're just basically sitting back and allowing her to do it.

And yes, she DOES INDEED get HER cut of THEIR money!

Bruce Jenner . . .

I've often wondered exactly WHERE it is on his body that he's got the word "Welcome!" tattooed, because he usually seems to make himself one hell of a doormat for that ball-buster Kris J.

Although, if rumors are to be believed, maybe he's FINALLY gotten some measure of self-respect back and they might very well be headed for divorce. I don't wish that on anyone, but sometimes you've got to go there to get your sense of self back, I guess. And, facts are facts . . . He HAS stuck it out 20 or so years, so he does deserve kudos for that, at least.

Kourtney . . .

I find it amusing --- and pathetic --- how she has NO problem and NO shame in telling Kim she's "Just like Mom!". But then, she'll turn around and behave JUST like Kris J, herself (in some manner or instance), and can't seem to see that she's modeling the very same behavior she put Kim down for. My take on her is that whether or not she'll ever recognize or admit it, she's a summa cum laude graduate of Kris J's Ball-Buster U, herself.

Khloe . . .

Again, another one who'd not qualify for a halo. However, out of the older girls, she seems to me to be the one that has the most maturity and common sense (at this juncture, as least). She's apparently happy with her life and in her marriage, and I STILL think it's KIM who's jealous of HER. NOT the other way around (as Kim would have everyone believe, and has no problem saying).

These people are TRULY The Addams Family of the 21st Century.

JMHO.
    AmyKay and Imperfect1 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    This whole deal with these people is kind of like watching a train wreck, to me.

You really DON'T want to look at the mess, but . . .

DAMN.

Random thoughts:

Based on what I'm seeing so far, neither Kim OR The Hump would exactly qualify for a halo, but for my money, Kim comes off looking a WHOLE lot worse than HE does. If their plan was to make him look like a complete jackass and thereby clean up their/Kim's mess by doing so, they've failed miserably, IMHO.

Kim, bless her heart, is a spoiled, self-centered, money-grubbing brat who's masquerading as a grown-ass woman. The child has NO clue. NONE. Bottom line, everything I've seen from her so far pretty much --- in my estimation --- boils down to:

"I'M making the money, so . . . I'M running this show! Everything goes the way I want it to, or it doesn't go at ALL!"

Doesn't sound like a very good mental attitude to have to insure a successful marriage, to me.

And that look on her face when she tried to jump The Hump about breaking her toenail? I swear, that look on that face of hers actually made her resemble Maleficent, to me. If she'd been a cadaverish pale green and wearing a horned headpiece, she'd've been a dead ringer for Big M.

Kris Jenner . . .

I'm sorry, but as far as I can tell, she's pimping her whole family, and it's legal. And they're just basically sitting back and allowing her to do it.

And yes, she DOES INDEED get HER cut of THEIR money!

Bruce Jenner . . .

I've often wondered exactly WHERE it is on his body that he's got the word "Welcome!" tattooed, because he usually seems to make himself one hell of a doormat for that ball-buster Kris J.

Although, if rumors are to be believed, maybe he's FINALLY gotten some measure of self-respect back and they might very well be headed for divorce. I don't wish that on anyone, but sometimes you've got to go there to get your sense of self back, I guess. And, facts are facts . . . He HAS stuck it out 20 or so years, so he does deserve kudos for that, at least.

Kourtney . . .

I find it amusing --- and pathetic --- how she has NO problem and NO shame in telling Kim she's "Just like Mom!". But then, she'll turn around and behave JUST like Kris J, herself (in some manner or instance), and can't seem to see that she's modeling the very same behavior she put Kim down for. My take on her is that whether or not she'll ever recognize or admit it, she's a summa cum laude graduate of Kris J's Ball-Buster U, herself.

Khloe . . .

Again, another one who'd not qualify for a halo. However, out of the older girls, she seems to me to be the one that has the most maturity and common sense (at this juncture, as least). She's apparently happy with her life and in her marriage, and I STILL think it's KIM who's jealous of HER. NOT the other way around (as Kim would have everyone believe, and has no problem saying).

These people are TRULY The Addams Family of the 21st Century.

JMHO.
    Ness, I think your assessment of the Ks hit it out of the park!!! Perfect home run! I would just like to add that Kourtney is waaaaay MORE of a ball buster to Scott than Kris is to Bruce. At least Kris is nice to Bruce and shows him that she loves him. Kourtney is as cold as ice to Scott, and dictates and controls every single aspect of his life. She won't even share a bedroom (let alone a bed) with him. She is warm and loving to everyone else except Scott. Even her voice has that cold, hard, sarcastic edge to it whenever she speaks to him. Yes, Scott has screwed up royally --- but they're having a 2nd baby together for heaven's sake --- so if she's going to stay with him, she could, at least, be nice to him.

And as far as Khloe is concerned, she's only the 'best' in having a good relationship --- nothing else. Khloe has absolutely no boundaries when it comes to appropriate behavior. She is shockinging disrespectful, agitating, and annoying to the rest of the Ks, the people she claims to love the most (besides her husband), and she has absolutely no filter from her brain to her mouth. She can, and often does, say HORRIBLE things to them, and she's always very rough and tough physically with her siblings. She was very, very, very lucky to have found Lamar because not only does he seem to be a really nice guy who loves her a lot, but he also seems to enjoy her the way she is --- and he tolerates her, sort of the way Bruce tolerates Kris.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 12-17-2011 at 08:39 AM.

FORT Fogey

I think part of the reason Lamar may enjoy Khloe the way she is is that she appears to be less obnoxious and more mature around him. Even her boundary and filter problems, which she definitely has, seem less pronounced around him. Maybe being around her sisters just brings out the worst in her, because she's done some reasonably nice things around Lamar, like trying to help Lamar and his father reach some kind of relationship they can both live with and being supportive of Lamar when his long time friend was clearly having some huge problems.

And no, I'm not pinning a halo on her or denying that she's done and said things I find shocking. But it does make me wonder if she'd be different if she spent less time with her siblings--and really, lots of adult siblings don't spend as much time together as the Kardashian three, and it has nothing to do with them not being close but with having developed their own lives, careers etc. that require their time and attention too. Maybe moving to Texas with Lamar will be good for her (and it is interesting that she's doing that, unlike Kim, who acted like moving to Minnesota was being asked to enter the gulag--though as a native Minnesotan, I'm happy she feels that way).

I've never seen any of their shows before, not getting that channel, but last night I was somewhere that did, & watched about 1/2 of Kourtney & Kim Take New York, or something like that.
    I agree about the "watching a trainwreck" comments. The show is pretty boring, poorly done, not very interesting & the people unlikable, but I just kept watching like rubernecking at a wreck & not turning away. At the halfway mark though, I left at the commercials.
    My observations as a first time watcher:
    Kim's soon-to-be-ex husband was painfully uncomfortable in front of the cameras. It was like he was way too aware of everything he did & said, & didn't do much of either.
    Kim is completely unaware that there is a world out there that doesn't revolve around her & is delusional about who & what she is (& isn't).
    Kourtney's boyfriend is totally unlikable & unpleasant, & doesn't care at all about Kourtney except for using her to stay in the spotlight. The worst part is that he makes this way too obvious around her.
    Kourtney, well, I just don't know why she keeps this guy around, much less planning to marry him, except to be able to say that she has a man. Apparantly that is the only way she feels worth anything. Why would someone want to spend their life & have children with such a vile narcisisstic man? She comes across as dumb as a mud fence.

At this point I couldn't take any more & turned it off.
    MsDiva2007 and Moontat like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

The towels may have been wash cloths. They Had KH on them.I bring my own towels when I travel too. I am creeped out by hotel towels. My first job out of high school was working in Hotel houskeeping in the summer for a resort. The laundry cleaning leaves alot to be desired,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    The towels may have been wash cloths. They Had KH on them.I bring my own towels when I travel too. I am creeped out by hotel towels. My first job out of high school was working in Hotel houskeeping in the summer for a resort. The laundry cleaning leaves alot to be desired,lol.
    I bring my own towels too. And if I'm going to be staying places regularly I bring my own comforter too and brave the bed bug issue. Hung around enough hotels and motels to know those things don't always get a good washing.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I would just like to add that Kourtney is waaaaay MORE of a ball buster to Scott than Kris is to Bruce. At least Kris is nice to Bruce and shows him that she loves him. Kourtney is as cold as ice to Scott, and dictates and controls every single aspect of his life. She won't even share a bedroom (let alone a bed) with him. She is warm and loving to everyone else except Scott. Even her voice has that cold, hard, sarcastic edge to it whenever she speaks to him. Yes, Scott has screwed up royally --- but they're having a 2nd baby together for heaven's sake --- so if she's going to stay with him, she could, at least, be nice to him.

And as far as Khloe is concerned, she's only the 'best' in having a good relationship --- nothing else. Khloe has absolutely no boundaries when it comes to appropriate behavior. She is shockinging disrespectful, agitating, and annoying to the rest of the Ks, the people she claims to love the most (besides her husband), and she has absolutely no filter from her brain to her mouth. She can, and often does, say HORRIBLE things to them, and she's always very rough and tough physically with her siblings. She was very, very, very lucky to have found Lamar because not only does he seem to be a really nice guy who loves her a lot, but he also seems to enjoy her the way she is --- and he tolerates her, sort of the way Bruce tolerates Kris.
    Absolutely agreed.

While Kourtney has no control over whether or not Scott bends his elbow and knocks back a drink or two (or three), I've got to wonder (and HAVE) whether or not she might ever be willing to take a step or two (or three) outside herself (or view herself on tape. objectively) and then honestly ASK herself: "If I maybe soft-pedaled it a bit with Scott, would he dial his extreme behavior down a notch or two (or three)? If I took a step or two (or three) TOWARDS him --- and gave Mason his own reasonable space OUTSIDE of the two of us, instead of seeming to make him the entire and sole focus of my life --- would he dial his mouth down a notch or two (or three)?"

Don't THINK so.

Khloe?

You are correct. In the very, very few shows I remember watching before the Lamar era, my mouth used to literally drop open at some of the things she'd say and do. Just off the top of my head, I vaguely recall her and Scott going at it and thinking: "Wow. That is ONE 'lady' I SURE wouldn't want to have as a relative!" I mean, there are opinions and viewpoints, but you don't have to get nasty and alley about it, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I think part of the reason Lamar may enjoy Khloe the way she is is that she appears to be less obnoxious and more mature around him. Even her boundary and filter problems, which she definitely has, seem less pronounced around him. Maybe being around her sisters just brings out the worst in her, because she's done some reasonably nice things around Lamar, like trying to help Lamar and his father reach some kind of relationship they can both live with and being supportive of Lamar when his long time friend was clearly having some huge problems.

And no, I'm not pinning a halo on her or denying that she's done and said things I find shocking. But it does make me wonder if she'd be different if she spent less time with her siblings--and really, lots of adult siblings don't spend as much time together as the Kardashian three, and it has nothing to do with them not being close but with having developed their own lives, careers etc. that require their time and attention too. Maybe moving to Texas with Lamar will be good for her (and it is interesting that she's doing that, unlike Kim, who acted like moving to Minnesota was being asked to enter the gulag--though as a native Minnesotan, I'm happy she feels that way).
    I think time AWAY from her sisters and the rest of the family would serve to do her even more of a world of good, too. I remember some blurb she said to Barbara Walters, something to the effect of: "I was always different from my sisters. I was blonde and blue-eyed. I stood out." Or words to that effect, anyway.

That statement from Khloe made me wonder if her persona of having pretty much no filters on her mouth and/or behavior is rooted in being told --- by other kids, certainly, and most likely by family, too --- most/all of her life: "You're DIFFERENT from Kourt and Kim, and Rob, too! Sure you weren't adopted?" Or even worse. And as a defense mechanism, she went within herself, said: "OK. I'm DIFFERENT, so I'll GIVE you different! You dump on me, I'll dump back on YOU, and TWICE as hard! I'll show my ass and BE different, since that's what you keep saying I am!"

Maybe that's a stretch, but I DID wonder if that was where and why the seeds for Khloe the Outrageous were planted.
    Last edited by ness; 12-17-2011 at 09:17 PM.
    Moontat likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

I've often thought that Khloe probably suffered by comparison to her sisters, who are much more petite and girly than she is. It is perhaps possible that since she knew she couldn't be "that" that she chose to emphasize the difference, as you pointed out. It's not like she would suddenly be able to shrink herself to look like her sisters. She also just doesn't strike me as being as overly interested in "girly" stuff as her sisters are. Not that she's not feminine, but I could picture Khloe, say, throwing a football around or climbing a tree faster than I could see either of her sisters doing that.

Maybe that's also why she seems to love Lamar more genuinely than Kim cared for Kris or Kourtney cares for Scott. He likes her for who she is--he genuinely prefers her to her sisters as she is. I also tend to believe Khloe when she says she isn't competitive with Kim, because she doesn't want what Kim has. She prefers what she has. I think that's true now. It may not always have been true, but it seems to be now.
    ness, MsDiva2007 and Moontat like this.

Khloe is my fave because she is different. I like she is outside of that box that you have to be petite and gorgeous to be wanted and a viable person. We curvy girls have Zero problems getting and keeping a man. Some men actually prefer meat over bones. Khloe is by no means a fat girl. Khloe is simply not petite and she has curves on her. Kim has curves but she also is very short.
    ness likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread