+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 120 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118 ... LastLast
Like Tree523Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think that Kris Jenner has an unfair advantage in that she knows so many of the important people in Hollywood. The number of contacts she has that can get her on tv shows is pathetic. She pimps the friends too. She uses Kathy Lee Gifford shamelessly. She wheels her way onto those shows and the host are too polite to her. They don't treat her like the user she is. They should not force their audience to applaud this woman. They treat he like a loving caring mother. PLEASE! It's false advertisment, but she gets it because she pretends to be friends with these people. I don't see it as her skills being that good, but that she is crafty in presenting her facade.
    Great point. I don't think Kris Jenner, wife of Bubba Jenner of Goliad, TX, with the same skill sets and education, is as successful of a business woman as the real Kris Jenner. She was fortunate in having the ability to start her business career in a much more advantageous position than most of us. If she wasn't part of the LA high society (courtesy of her rich lawyer husband) I don't think she would have the connections to launch a reality TV show. Its much easier to be rich and famous when you are already rich and famous, if you get my point. Maybe the more accurate description would be that she is a superior opportunist. And I'm not saying that as an insult to Mrs. Jenner, but I just think putting Kris Jenner on par with someone running Xerox is an insult to Ursula Burns, CEO of Xerox. Ms. Burns has to make decisions on mergers, acquisitions, products and services, etc. to keep the company profitable. If the Jenners/Kardashians need money all Kris has to do is send Kim on a photo shoot or send Kim to a party. One might call those decisions no-brainers, in many ways.
    nanarama likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy View Post
    Great point. I don't think Kris Jenner, wife of Bubba Jenner of Goliad, TX, with the same skill sets and education, is as successful of a business woman as the real Kris Jenner. She was fortunate in having the ability to start her business career in a much more advantageous position than most of us. If she wasn't part of the LA high society (courtesy of her rich lawyer husband) I don't think she would have the connections to launch a reality TV show. Its much easier to be rich and famous when you are already rich and famous, if you get my point. Maybe the more accurate description would be that she is a superior opportunist. And I'm not saying that as an insult to Mrs. Jenner, but I just think putting Kris Jenner on par with someone running Xerox is an insult to Ursula Burns, CEO of Xerox. Ms. Burns has to make decisions on mergers, acquisitions, products and services, etc. to keep the company profitable. If the Jenners/Kardashians need money all Kris has to do is send Kim on a photo shoot or send Kim to a party. One might call those decisions no-brainers, in many ways.
    Good point. Prior to her first marriage, Kris was a flight attendant, wasn't she? Not anything wrong with that, of course, but if she had married someone without Robert Kardashian's connections, it would have been much harder for her to move on into the business world to the extent that she has. I'm not sure what her educational background is--whether she has a degree in business or not--but that might also have played into the situation, had she not married whom she married.

In addition, if her children, especially Kim, weren't so content to continue to let her be their momager, she would have far less ability to amass money. Whether she's a great manager or not, a lot of adult offspring might have preferred to have someone else as a manager, just because they'd prefer to separate their private and business lives. I think it might be interesting to see if Kendall and Kylie follow their older sisters' leads or decide they'd prefer to have someone else as a manager at some point--or if they decide they'd rather do something else other than be part of the family business. They're very young yet. Just because they want to be models and part of the show at sixteen and fourteen doesn't mean they'll continue to want to follow a similar path in their twenties.

Great points by all upthread.

I too wonder what happened to Chelsea Handler. She has really changed. I can't tolerate her anymore. She and Chooey aren't even funny.

I wonder where Kris Jenner would be without Ryan Seacrest? I detest that man for forcing the K family down our throats.
    AmyKay, Shoepie and Moontat like this.

I know that I have asked this question once before, but how is their show doing in the ratings? I have no idea where the ratings for their shows are posted each week, and I have not seen any mention of them since the first show aired with over 3 million viewers.

From what I have read, though, their attempt to garner sympathy for Kim by trashing Kris H has not exactly worked out like they planned. I would say that the comments I read are running about 99% in favor of Kris H on everywhere but E! online. Even on E! you only find a few who take up for Kim and actually watch the show.

I saw a picture recently - can't remember where - of Kim and her mother "posing" with Maria Bello and Patricia Arquette in Haiti. Both Maria and Patricia were dressed down and looked like two people who were actually working while Kim and her mother, Kris Jenner, were dressed in expensive clothing and looked like they were just there for a photo shoot. These two must be a dumb as a box of rocks to think that people believe that they are actually there for the people of Haiti. I am disappointed that the Kardashians were even allowed to take pictures while they were there. They are just using those poor Haitian people for their own greedy purposes.

Sadly though, it does not look like the Kardashians are going away anytime soon...at least not until the public finally has had enough of them. So far I am not seeing any indication of that happening.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 12-14-2011 at 04:35 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    Kardashians are getting to my too much point. I do not like when stars start getting too big. For me it makes them become irritating. I am feeling the same way about Chelsea Handler. I loved her show, but now she is just so full of herself and everywhere I look that I cannot stomach her anymore. I found the Kardashians interesting, but now it is just plain overkill.

I find it funny that the one I thought was the most annoying, Khloe, is the one that I think is making the best choices right now. She puts her marriage first, and I think that the other two need to quit letting their mother pimp them out nonstop, and I could live completely peaceful if I never had to see Kris Jenner's face anywhere in the media ever again.
    It's funny that you mentioned that. I feel very similiar about Khloe. She used to be the most annoying, but lately I find myself liking her the most. Her marriage to Lamar seems genuine and she has not been in the spotlight as much as the others lately. She has grown up while the others still listen to mommy dearest. Makes you wonder if those rumors about her being a half-sister are true.

Also feel the same way about Chelsea Handler!! I couldn't quite put my finger on why she is annoying now. Makes sense though.

What are the thoughts about Kendall's 16th birthday party? I get that it is similiar to My Sweet Sixteen on MTV, but I hope she doesn't go down the same path as her sisters. She is so genuinely beautiful. Not just made up like her sisters.

The whole family is just irritating.....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by krpink View Post
    It's funny that you mentioned that. I feel very similiar about Khloe. She used to be the most annoying, but lately I find myself liking her the most. Her marriage to Lamar seems genuine and she has not been in the spotlight as much as the others lately. She has grown up while the others still listen to mommy dearest. Makes you wonder if those rumors about her being a half-sister are true.

Also feel the same way about Chelsea Handler!! I couldn't quite put my finger on why she is annoying now. Makes sense though.

What are the thoughts about Kendall's 16th birthday party? I get that it is similiar to My Sweet Sixteen on MTV, but I hope she doesn't go down the same path as her sisters. She is so genuinely beautiful. Not just made up like her sisters.

I think the reason Khloe comes off a bit better now is simply that she's moved on in a more normal way. She got married, she got her own home, she remains close to her sisters but has her own life too. I guess she's just behaving more like people do when they grow up. Her relationship with Lamar helps too, because he comes off like a decent enough guy.

I saw a very quick clip of a commercial for Kendall's 16th birthday party in which she seemed to be telling her mother that she didn't want all the over the top stuff her mother wanted.

And now that you've mentioned being made up, I saw part of the last Kim and Kourtney Take New York in the gym and Kym was taking a bubble bath in full make-up. It looked like a scene from a hokey old movie.

so maybe Kim had a good reason for dumping Kris H. I just saw Photos of him in a hotel room with some groupies while he was still with Kim. The two trolls even had the nerve to take pictures with his Initaled bath towels and in one photo there is no doubt he was in the room with them. I really can't stand that man he is such a loser.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Wait? So he brought his own monogrammed towels to a hotel?

But were they doing naked yoga?

+ Reply to Thread