+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 111 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Like Tree398Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

FORT Fogey

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Oh, yeah.

TOTALLY get it that I wouldn't have to have gone. I was just saying that --- for me, PERSONALLY --- I would NOT have gone, and would have been offended and put out that she'd brought up such a thing to me as her employee and subordinate. And even had I chosen NOT to go, I probably would've asked around, at the very least, about what options there might have been for me to have filed some sort of formal complaint for her even suggesting --- let ALONE telling me --- that I would be attending a naked yoga session in her private quarters on what, technically, would be MY TIME OFF (I think).

No two ways about it . . .

Kourtney was as wrong as two left shoes and four dead flies. Being someone's boss and owner of a business does NOT mean that you're free to step over certain lines.

And, in this instance, she not only stepped, she JUMPED.

If it wasn't the employees' time off, then she was pulling them from the store and telling them this was part of their work day--in either case she's completely, horribly wrong. There's no way attending a naked yoga session has anything to do with retail and no one taking a retail job would expect it to be part of the job. If they were expected to do it on their time off....well, as a boss, you can't actually dictate what your employees do in their free time. If they choose to do something illegal or damaging to the firm when they're off the job, then, yes, that can affect their employment--but you can't tell them they have to have the same nude exercise regime you've chosen for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    If it wasn't the employees' time off, then she was pulling them from the store and telling them this was part of their work day--in either case she's completely, horribly wrong. There's no way attending a naked yoga session has anything to do with retail and no one taking a retail job would expect it to be part of the job. If they were expected to do it on their time off....well, as a boss, you can't actually dictate what your employees do in their free time. If they choose to do something illegal or damaging to the firm when they're off the job, then, yes, that can affect their employment--but you can't tell them they have to have the same nude exercise regime you've chosen for yourself.
    Yes, I agree with what you've said.

When I said:

. . . for her even suggesting --- let ALONE telling me --- that I would be attending a naked yoga session in her private quarters on what, technically, would be MY TIME OFF (I think).

What YOU stated above is EXACTLY what I was alluding to/stating throughout my entire previous postings about this, as far as I could tell:

1. Even if I'm ON the clock, boss or not, don't you DARE tell me you expect me to be at your house to attend a naked yoga session. That's WAY out of line.

2. MOST especially, boss or NOT, if you're telling me to attend said naked yoga session OUTSIDE of my work hours, i.e., AFTER the store has closed, and I'm not actively engaged in serving customers, stocking, etc., far as I can tell, that would, I think, constitute what I would consider to be MY TIME OFF, which, I KNOW, would DEFINITELY NOT be spent in YOUR living space attending a naked yoga class. That's SO far out of line, it's not even on the planet.

Quite frankly, I don't know how else I'd go about clarifying further anything I've previously said about this, thus far.

Last edited by ness; 12-06-2011 at 08:51 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Yes, I agree with what you've said.

When I said:

. . . for her even suggesting --- let ALONE telling me --- that I would be attending a naked yoga session in her private quarters on what, technically, would be MY TIME OFF (I think).

What YOU stated above is EXACTLY what I was alluding to/stating throughout my entire previous postings about this, as far as I could tell:

1. Even if I'm ON the clock, boss or not, don't you DARE tell me you expect me to be at your house to attend a naked yoga session. That's WAY out of line.

2. MOST especially, boss or NOT, if you're telling me to attend said naked yoga session OUTSIDE of my work hours, i.e., AFTER the store has closed, and I'm not actively engaged in serving customers, stocking, etc., far as I can tell, that would, I think, constitute what I would consider to be MY TIME OFF, which, I KNOW, would DEFINITELY NOT be spent in YOUR living space attending a naked yoga class. That's SO far out of line, it's not even on the planet.

Quite frankly, I don't know how else I'd go about clarifying further anything I've previously said about this, thus far.

I'm sorry--I didn't mean for you to think you were being unclear. I was just agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm sorry--I didn't mean for you to think you were being unclear. I was just agreeing with you.

No prob at all! No offense taken . . .

Sometimes, I've found, some of my posts DON'T read clearly to others 'cause my brain is going faster than my hands can type, and the result doesn't come across worded like I meant it to be.

Again, no offense taken.

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Just curious, but does anyone know how many people supposedly tuned in for the second episode?

Wouldn't it be nice to hear that the viewership is seriously declining and maybe they'll have to find real jobs?
    I know they have stores, but seriously, do they run themselves? I have only one store and the buying alone is a huge task.

FORT Fogey

They must have other people in charge of the stores at this point, because we barely see any of them in Dash ever, and we don't see Kris at her kids' store either.

Now that they have their own line at Sears, I wonder how that affects their stores. Does it make their merchandise seem less exclusive, since you can go to a major chain and get cheaper versions of clothes they've also approved?

FORT Fogey

I often wonder if the employees had to sign some sort of contract to work there like we will get to use you in our show in any fashion we want to gain ratings or make the show interesting. I agree with above that in a normal employment setting this stuff would not be tolerated. I think that this show is so manipulated that it is getting so ridiculous.
    ness and jenniferboston1 like this.

FORT Newbie

Could the employees have taken the job just to be on the show? A job with the side benefit of being seen on TV. Sounds perfect for a wanna-be actor or a groupie.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I often wonder if the employees had to sign some sort of contract to work there like we will get to use you in our show in any fashion we want to gain ratings or make the show interesting. I agree with above that in a normal employment setting this stuff would not be tolerated. I think that this show is so manipulated that it is getting so ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by boredsilly View Post
    Could the employees have taken the job just to be on the show? A job with the side benefit of being seen on TV. Sounds perfect for a wanna-be actor or a groupie.

Great posts, both of you!

I've been curious myself about whether or not the Dash employees (and whoever else that works for/with/under the Kardashians) would have to sign some sort of almost-bordering-on-indentured-servitude-ya-betta-keep-ya-mouth-shut-for-time-and-all-eternity agreement to work for/with/under them. And, yep, it's crossed my mind about whether or not some of these Dash girls signed on to be seen, and perhaps, "discovered".

I would absolutely LOVE to pose the question about Kardashian employees signing 24/7 on-show/off-show availability/keep-your-trap-shut agreements to Ryan Seacrest, Kris Jenner, or any of the other producers of the show. I wonder what in the world their answer would be, and whether or not they'd tell the truth.

I wonder --- if any of them read this board at all, that is --- if any bigwig from the show would actually have the nerve to come on here and answer that question for us.

But I know that ain't gonna happen in this lifetime or any other, so, I'm DEFINITELY not holding my breath on THAT one!

And, yep, I would --- if it were allowed --- LOVE to query any of the Dash employees about whether or not they were hoping for a few seconds' worth of trickle-down spotlight to shine on them when they agreed to come aboard this Ship of Fools. And whether or not any of them feel differently about being on it after Project Naked Yoga busted out on American airwaves last week. Sure, I'm wondering if any of them would have the guts to tell the truth, too.

Yep, I am a total believer that the producers on this show are manipulating any and everything about it, just for ratings, and to keep the "brand" alive and kicking, and the money rolling in.

That's become so obvious now that it clearly HAS gone beyond ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread