+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 111 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Like Tree398Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

I was very surprised by this Sunday's episode of the show. First, I was APPALLED at the nerve of Kourtney going into Scott's parents house and throwing their stuff out without their knowledge or consent. Even Khloe (who has no boundaries whatsoever) was pretty horrified about it!!!

I was also very surprised at how bad Kim was portrayed in this episode. It has been so widely broadcast that the Kardashians were going to twist everything in the series to make Kris look as bad as possible and Kim as good as possible, but all I can say is that Kris did not look bad, and if this was any example of Kim looking good --- or being in the 'right' --- it is pretty pathetic. And Kim's whole vicious attack on Khloe who was just going in to Kim's room to say that they were leaving for the Hamptons --- MY GOD, is Kim crazy, or what????? Never mind -- I take that back. The whole family is crazy!!!
    ness and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B View Post
    I think everything they do is a set up... I mean come on.... these people have mega bucks and they can't get a second hotel suite? The only place to put Mason's toys is outside of Kim and Kris's room?... The yoga instructor has to answer the door to which Kris doesn't seem to have a key card too?... And what is up with naked yoga anyway? Their problem is, their true lives are so dull and boring they have the create this dumb ass drama to make themselves appear significant. I don't normally watch the Kardashian shows and most likely won't be watching them again. Without their made-up drama their nothing but a bunch of pathetic losers.
    The one thing I could understand was Kris being without a key card, as I assumed he might just have forgot it. I can keep track of keys, but I'm awful at keeping track of key cards--I swear, even when I have them with me, I can't find them. I much preferred it when hotels had real keys.

FORT Fogey

This just occurred to me. Couldn't Kourtney's insistence that their employees come to the naked yoga session be considered sexual harassment? I realize nudity, not sex, was involved, but the way they were treating the whole thing certainly bordered on a visual dirty joke. At one point, the instructor (or maybe it was Kourtney herself) insisted that an article of clothing should come off--I think it was Kourtney who said they should be showing boobs, butt, or vagina. That's no way for a boss to address her employees--and now it's on tape, so they'd have ample evidence of her behavior. Even if the women didn't comply, the fact that they were asked to do so and told they should attend a yoga session with a naked male instructor is inappropriate, especially given Kourtney's attitude that anyone who disagreed with her was somehow being an uptight prude who didn't understand the importance of a holistic lifestyle (or would that be ho-listic lifestyle?).

Employees aren't supposed to have to put up with verbal comments that are of a sexual nature, and I think a boss urging employees to expose what Monty Python used to refer to as their "naughty bits" would qualify. What she was asking them to do had absolutely nothing to do with their jobs.
    ness and nanarama like this.

I'm just totally done with this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I was very surprised by this Sunday's episode of the show. First, I was APPALLED at the nerve of Kourtney going into Scott's parents house and throwing their stuff out without their knowledge or consent. Even Khloe (who has no boundaries whatsoever) was pretty horrified about it!!!

I was also very surprised at how bad Kim was portrayed in this episode. It has been so widely broadcast that the Kardashians were going to twist everything in the series to make Kris look as bad as possible and Kim as good as possible, but all I can say is that Kris did not look bad, and if this was any example of Kim looking good --- or being in the 'right' --- it is pretty pathetic. And Kim's whole vicious attack on Khloe who was just going in to Kim's room to say that they were leaving for the Hamptons --- MY GOD, is Kim crazy, or what????? Never mind -- I take that back. The whole family is crazy!!!

Truer words were never spoken!

IIRC, Kim somewhere in there threw around (or maybe KOURTNEY said she said it) the statement that Khloe was jealous of Kim.

I beg to disagree with that . . .

Beware, statements attracting possible flaming are coming up!

Frankly, I think it's KIM who's jealous of KHLOE!

How many times have we ALL heard her whine about thinking she'd be married (and possibly with child or children) by age 30?

Then, a little over two years ago, her younger sister meets a man, knows him for all of one (or two; somebody correct me if I'm wrong, please!) week(s), marries him in a month's time, and then, again, a little over two years later, they're still married and to all appearances, happy as a couple of hogs in mud (at least they are up to THIS point, anyway!)?

And no, I don't think Khloe qualifies for wings and a harp, either.

I STILL don't agree with how she handled Bruce finding out about her engagement/wedding. Never thought I'd ever admit/say this, but I ABSOLUTELY agreed with Kris J's warning to her that SHE should tell Bruce before he found out about it through the press.

And from what I understand, at Kim's wedding, she was either standing at the altar and making snarky comments about the situation, or throwing them around later, during the reception.

Tacky, just tacky. I KNOW she wasn't one of the Hump's supporters, but as far as I'm concerned, if she didn't have anything nice to say at Kim's wedding, then she should've kept her damned mouth shut.

Or just not shown up at all, if she felt THAT strongly about it.

That said . . .

How Kim lambasted Khloe last night about being awakened was wrong. Just plain WRONG. First of all, the "offense" did not warrant even being spoken about, at all. Secondly, why would you bother to take the time to call someone up and curse them out about them having awakened you? Thirdly, if the person you were attacking felt they were just not going to be bothered with your BS, and hung up on you, why in the name of God would you then be SO childish and silly as to TEXT them with more of the SAME BS?

Yep, I think Kim was crazy by that point.

I believe she had gone completely around the bend because HER marriage didn't seem to be shaping up like Khloe's. She couldn't get her way, get Kris H to say: "Yes, ma'am! How high and how many times!" when she told him to jump, so she lost it.

Etc., etc.

Personally, I think the girl needs a shrink.
    Last edited by ness; 12-06-2011 at 12:19 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    This just occurred to me. Couldn't Kourtney's insistence that their employees come to the naked yoga session be considered sexual harassment? I realize nudity, not sex, was involved, but the way they were treating the whole thing certainly bordered on a visual dirty joke. At one point, the instructor (or maybe it was Kourtney herself) insisted that an article of clothing should come off--I think it was Kourtney who said they should be showing boobs, butt, or vagina. That's no way for a boss to address her employees--and now it's on tape, so they'd have ample evidence of her behavior. Even if the women didn't comply, the fact that they were asked to do so and told they should attend a yoga session with a naked male instructor is inappropriate, especially given Kourtney's attitude that anyone who disagreed with her was somehow being an uptight prude who didn't understand the importance of a holistic lifestyle (or would that be ho-listic lifestyle?).

Employees aren't supposed to have to put up with verbal comments that are of a sexual nature, and I think a boss urging employees to expose what Monty Python used to refer to as their "naughty bits" would qualify. What she was asking them to do had absolutely nothing to do with their jobs.
    THERE ya go!

ESPECIALLY because it happened in New York, if I were one of the employees (not that I would've gone) that was there, I think that right about now, I'd be at least looking into making a formal complaint against Kourtney with the State Department of Labor, or Labor Board, or something.

God help me the day I EVER felt I had to be bothered with this kind of foolishness just to keep a job!
    jenniferboston1 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

A few additional thoughts, while we're on the subjects of Kim needing a shrink. . . I was watching Dr. Drew's talk show one night last week, and he showed the clip of Kris and Kim's physical 'fight' where they were fooling around roughly (as they always seem to be doing) and Kris accidentally stepped on or bumped into Kim's big toe and hurt her toe and (Heaven forbid) spoiled her pedicure. Kim was so furiously enraged that she started screaming at Kris and hauled off and punched him as hard as she could. I was pretty surprised at Kim's over-reaction, but Dr. Drew said it was more than an over-reaction --- he said it was literally an act of 'physical violence'! When Dr. Drew played the video clip in slow motion, you could really see the expression of rage on Kim's face as she was hauling off and punching Kris.

Now, when I watch scenes between Kim and the members of her family, (including the new ones and some of the old re-runs), showing all of Kim's fighting with Kris, her sisters, and her mother, I'm really seeing her in a totally different light. Kim is sweet and good natured and soft-spoken, etc. etc. SO LONG AS SHE IS GETTING HER WAY AND THINGS ARE GOING WELL FOR HER. But as soon as there's a problem she just goes totally over the edge and her whole facade crumbles -- That, plus her obsession about neatness and cleanliness that borders on OCD.

Sadly, it's not just Kim who is totally neurotic. Kourtney has her own personality disorder --- she has similar OCD issues, and she is an absolute control freak!!! She insists on maintaining this creepy uber-controlling relationship with Scott and everyone else around her. And Khloe, who has absolutely no boundaries when it comes to inappropriate behavior, also has severe neurotic issues that are no better than her sisters! And probably the worst of them is their self-obsessed fame-whore of a mother, Kris Jenner.

The bottom line, is that all four of them definitely need a shrink --- but even with a shrink, they are all so screwed up that I don't think they can be so easily un-screwed.
    ness and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    THERE ya go!

ESPECIALLY because it happened in New York, if I were one of the employees (not that I would've gone) that was there, I think that right about now, I'd be at least looking into making a formal complaint against Kourtney with the State Department of Labor, or Labor Board, or something.

God help me the day I EVER felt I had to be bothered with this kind of foolishness just to keep a job!
    I don't think you'd have to be an employee who'd gone. You'd still have Kourtney on tape insisting that everyone go, pressuring her employees to take part in an activity that had nothing to do with their jobs and everything to do with nudity--the instructor was nude, and the participants were urged to remove their clothing by their boss. Even if she didn't force them to comply, she was telling them they should bare various body parts. Bosses shouldn't talk to their employees that way or suggest they should to watch their bosses or their bosses' yoga instructors nude as part of their jobs. Verbal sexual harassment is still sexual harassment, and it shouldn't matter if it's a 220 pound male boss or a 100 pound female boss saying or doing something inappropriate. And I'd love to see someone force the Kardashian clan to recognize that. I hold Kim responsible to some degree too, as she obviously had misgivings about the situation, is a co-owner of the business, and did not, so far as we know, step in and say, "Kourt, you really can't talk like that to the women who work for us or expect them or me to do nude yoga just because you want to try it." She kept on her clothes herself, which may have made the other women feel less as if they had to strip down, but her participation also sent the message that she agreed with Kourtney that it was an appropriate job-related activity and it really wasn't, even if they didn't have to get naked, because the instructor was naked. That alone may have made their employees uncomfortable, not to mention how their significant others may have felt after finding out about it.

It's one thing for Kourtney to choose to practice yoga naked or for Kim to pose for Playboy or for Khloe to choose to pose nude for an anti-fur campaign for Peta. It's quite another for employees to feel their boss is dictating how comfortable they should be with the nudity of strangers and/or disrobing in front of strangers. And I'd love to hear Bruce's reaction to this behavior, as he seems far more conservative about such things than the rest of them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Now, when I watch scenes between Kim and the members of her family, (including the new ones and some of the old re-runs), showing all of Kim's fighting with Kris, her sisters, and her mother, I'm really seeing her in a totally different light. Kim is sweet and good natured and soft-spoken, etc. etc. SO LONG AS SHE IS GETTING HER WAY AND THINGS ARE GOING WELL FOR HER. But as soon as there's a problem she just goes totally over the edge and her whole facade crumbles -- That, plus her obsession about neatness and cleanliness that borders on OCD.

Yes, I agree with this! Kim's reactions are over the top.... she uses that breathy, soft voice when giving her personal interviews (also, what is with the nasal sound of her and kourtney? and their "valley" cadence? but that's another topic!), then goes ballistic when things aren't her way...... recall her reaction to being thrown in the water in fiji/bali(?), her reaction to the flower petals on her bed in the "president's suite" (which Robert said was disrespectful to the workers who put them there). And now, to being woken up earlier, she has a meltdown on Khloe? Way over the top. Honestly, these people are nutjobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I don't think you'd have to be an employee who'd gone. You'd still have Kourtney on tape insisting that everyone go, pressuring her employees to take part in an activity that had nothing to do with their jobs and everything to do with nudity--the instructor was nude, and the participants were urged to remove their clothing by their boss. Even if she didn't force them to comply, she was telling them they should bare various body parts. Bosses shouldn't talk to their employees that way or suggest they should to watch their bosses or their bosses' yoga instructors nude as part of their jobs. Verbal sexual harassment is still sexual harassment, and it shouldn't matter if it's a 220 pound male boss or a 100 pound female boss saying or doing something inappropriate. And I'd love to see someone force the Kardashian clan to recognize that. I hold Kim responsible to some degree too, as she obviously had misgivings about the situation, is a co-owner of the business, and did not, so far as we know, step in and say, "Kourt, you really can't talk like that to the women who work for us or expect them or me to do nude yoga just because you want to try it." She kept on her clothes herself, which may have made the other women feel less as if they had to strip down, but her participation also sent the message that she agreed with Kourtney that it was an appropriate job-related activity and it really wasn't, even if they didn't have to get naked, because the instructor was naked. That alone may have made their employees uncomfortable, not to mention how their significant others may have felt after finding out about it.

It's one thing for Kourtney to choose to practice yoga naked or for Kim to pose for Playboy or for Khloe to choose to pose nude for an anti-fur campaign for Peta. It's quite another for employees to feel their boss is dictating how comfortable they should be with the nudity of strangers and/or disrobing in front of strangers. And I'd love to hear Bruce's reaction to this behavior, as he seems far more conservative about such things than the rest of them.
    Oh, yeah.

TOTALLY get it that I wouldn't have to have gone. I was just saying that --- for me, PERSONALLY --- I would NOT have gone, and would have been offended and put out that she'd brought up such a thing to me as her employee and subordinate. And even had I chosen NOT to go, I probably would've asked around, at the very least, about what options there might have been for me to have filed some sort of formal complaint for her even suggesting --- let ALONE telling me --- that I would be attending a naked yoga session in her private quarters on what, technically, would be MY TIME OFF (I think).

I mean, come ON! Does being an employee of Dash mean that you have to go along with whatever whichever of the sisters tells you you are going to do? For example, if one of them suggested that they'd spotted a bag in a store down the street and wanted to look at it more closely to get an idea for their own handbag line, THEN told you to go to that store, get the bag, walk out and bring it back to Dash, you have to/are SUPPOSED to do that?

Just because the boss SAID so?

I think not.

No two ways about it . . .

Kourtney was as wrong as two left shoes and four dead flies. Being someone's boss and owner of a business does NOT mean that you're free to step over certain lines.

And, in this instance, she not only stepped, she JUMPED.

+ Reply to Thread