+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 110 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Like Tree388Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    E! News has confirmed Courtney's pregnancy--I think they said she was nine weeks along. They also said that Kris Humphries is reportedly not signing the divorce papers but seeking an annulment, which means he would have to prove that the marriage was entered into under fraudulent terms. Since he's claiming he wants the annulment because he takes marriage seriously, I guess the fraudulent behavior would have to be on Kim's part alone (unless he's having an attack of delayed guilt). If he actually has some way of proving that...yikes. I think that would have to be a very, very damaging blow to the "brand."
    While I don't disagree with you, as someone who has had an annulment in the past, I can tell you their definition of fraudulent is not quite to the standard of what the rest of us might believe. I basically agreed that I went into the marriage with the thought that if it didn't work out somewhere down the road, I could always get a divorce. That was enough. So not saying more won't come out, but just wanted to clarify that getting an annulment does not appear to be as hard anymore as it once was.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I think there "rule" is coming to an end.
    I hope so and I dont even really know them.I saw the show a couple of times, it was nonsense. But every time you pick up magazine they are on it, they lead the news on ET etc. I am fed up with them and I dont even know their story. Its amazing to me how people like this( and like Paris Hilton) can become so newsworthy for doing nothing at all.

Didn't a sex tape start it all? how lovely

FORT Fogey

According to E! News, it's official: Kris Humphries has filed for an annulment. I guess Kim may not be getting the quick divorce she wanted.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    While I don't disagree with you, as someone who has had an annulment in the past, I can tell you their definition of fraudulent is not quite to the standard of what the rest of us might believe. I basically agreed that I went into the marriage with the thought that if it didn't work out somewhere down the road, I could always get a divorce. That was enough. So not saying more won't come out, but just wanted to clarify that getting an annulment does not appear to be as hard anymore as it once was.
    If you've been through it, I'm sure you're right. I was just repeating what they'd said in the report I heard in terms of what he'd have to do in order to get the annulment (and they made it sound harder, possibly to make the story more dramatic).

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I hope so and I dont even really know them.I saw the show a couple of times, it was nonsense. But every time you pick up magazine they are on it, they lead the news on ET etc. I am fed up with them and I dont even know their story. Its amazing to me how people like this( and like Paris Hilton) can become so newsworthy for doing nothing at all.

Didn't a sex tape start it all? how lovely
    Yes it was a sex tape with Ray J, singer Brandy's brother who was also not real well known at the time.

Part of the problem (in my opinion) is Ryan Secrest. He is a producer of the show, and has his hand somehow besides just hosting E news, so of course he is going to try to plug the heck out of his show.

Although I in no way thing Kris is a saint, I agree with his point that at some time or another the public will move on from you, so you need to start living your life. Maybe he thought she would change her mind about that, just as she thought he would change his mind about wanting to live in Minnesota or whereever.

I used to watch these shows, but I cant bear to do it anymore. May watch Lamar and Khloe if it comes back on, cuz I love to watch them interact, but no more KuwK or KaKTNY for me.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    If you've been through it, I'm sure you're right. I was just repeating what they'd said in the report I heard in terms of what he'd have to do in order to get the annulment (and they made it sound harder, possibly to make the story more dramatic).
    Also, I should clarify because there are two types of annulments. I got an annulment in the church, but as far as legally with the State, I got a divorce. Kris has talked about wanting to get married in the church again, so I assumed it was the same. But now from reading, it appears that he is legally trying to get a annulment through the State, not through the church. If that is the case, I think the standards are very tough to get an annulment legally. He would be better off getting the divorce legally and then going for an annulment in the church, so he can still get married in the church the next time. That's what I did. Just my two cents.

I'm not an attorney in the states where the parties reside, however, in most states, if Kim did not resist the annullment and just never responded, then Kris could go into court and with some affidavits obtain the relief he wants. Kim probably doesn't want to do that, because there would be a court order in that file saying that she defrauded him.

She would probably prefer to have a divorce rather than a order finding fraud, however, it may be better than actually fighting it, because if she fights it, then Kris' lawyers will have the chance to take her deposition, her families' depositions, obtain financial records from her and E, etc. They can require all kinds of information from her to prove the fraud. I don't think she wants to open up all her private business for scruity.

If Kim really just made an honest mistake marrying Kris, I would say two things:

First of all, all marriages take work - a lot of work. Some people even have very rough beginnings. My husband and I have been married almost 39 years and yet we actually talked about splitting up on our honeymoon! We worked things out and have continued to do so and we're very happy and he's my best friend in the world. If you felt love for each other before, it is worth working to try to save the marriage. Maybe it can't be saved, but if there is love, it's worth a try. It does seem there was some misleading there. First Kim tell him she want to take his last name. Then she says no, it would impact her "brand." She talked about moving to wherever Kris was playing but that too changed. No marriage to Kim would survive what she and her family seem to expect of it or her/their inflated view of Kim's "celebrity status."

Second, the family's behavior since the marriage has been classless, to say the least. Their defence is to publicly throw Kris under a bus. That doesn't speak well of them. (But, oh yeah, consider who we're talking about!) Kris didn't strike me in what I've seen as a wonderful catch and I was perplexed as to why Kim wanted to marry him in the first place. He seems brash and sometimes crude. On the other hand, the K's take crudeness to a new level, but mostly among themselves talking about sex. I never saw the two meshing, or felt they would make it but Kim acted like she really loved him and wanted it to work. Kim has since said that she saw the video of how he treated her and knew it wasn't meant to be - or however she put it. She was actually there, living the moment - which we know was edited in at least some ways. Was her problem with Kris himself or with how it looked to her viewers? Then, once it all fell apart they quickly blamed Kris for everything. Reminds me of that old saying that if you point a finger at someone, remember that three fingers point back to you.
    Minney and cmurfi like this.

I can't comment on whether or not Kris Humphries is or was crude while interacting with Kim K - having never seen any of their shows. So, I have mostly formed my opinions based on what I have seen on ET and other celebrity shows and read online from many entertainment publications. But, I would definitely characterize filming and then showing Kourtney getting an oil enema and leaking on the sheets of Kris H's bed as very GROSS and CRUDE. So, it seems laughable to me that the Kardashians have any room to talk about anyone else. It is like the kettle calling the pot black. Who are they to talk? What about that disgusting sex tape?

I also think that Kim badly miscalculated her handling of things since filing for divorce. She never in a million years expected such bad press. I just wonder how Kris H would have handled this whole divorce thing had Kim stayed out of the public eye aferwards, acted as though she truly cared about Kris and his feelings, and chose to take the high road instead of editing him in such a negative way on national television. Would it have made a difference? I don't know, but I do think that that was the last straw and made Kris H decide to stand up for himself and take all the power away from Kim. I read that Kris H also wants the marriage annulled so that the prenuputial agreement will be null and void. That would allow him to talk about the relationship - and basically everything - and could not be sued by the Kardashians. If there was no marriage, then there would be no need for a prenup. I just hope that there is a judge in California that Seacrest, the Kardashians and E Entertainment can't influence in order to get the annulment thrown out. No telling what Kris H could expose about that whole family.
    AmyKay, Moontat, nanarama and 1 others like this.

Whoa....shocker that Kim hit Kris H. Over a pedicure????

+ Reply to Thread