+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

FORT Fogey

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

I pretty much think the wedding was real, and not contrived for the show. I just think that Kim has a very immature view of what marriage is, and what it takes to make one last. I think she was enchanted by the idea of being a bride, not a wife. There's no question that she loves attention, and when you attend a wedding, you see the bride getting A LOT of attention. So it was a perfect match in her eyes. I don't think the men she had dated previously wanted to marry her. Reggie Bush didn't need her, so if she didn't want to be with him on his terms, he could move on and get someone else. Kris Humphries comes along, and he's enamored by the fame that comes with Kim, so he falls into the fantasy and proposes. I think he was excited about the association with her, and she was excited about being the center of attention for a huge wedding. Once that was all over, reality set in. Planning a wedding is easy. Making a life with another person who has his own points of view and ideas on everything is not. Neither Kim nor Kris were ready for the hard work.

I was disheartened to hear that 3 million people tuned in to watch the new show on Sunday night, but I hope that at least half of those viewers (or more) were turned off enough to NOT watch the next episode. Radar Online has an article about Kris Humphries watching the episode. Even though he is probably muzzled due to some legality, he basically spoke out through an "acquaintance" who stated that the episode was not an accurate portrayal of what went on between Kim and Kris H. One example given was that it was Kim's idea, not Kris H's, that he go back to Minnesota to do his NBA training. I didn't watch the show, but I read that the edit made it look like Kim was surprised about that - even asking if that meant that they would be living apart during the marriage. But, since I didn't watch, I might be wrong about that. Anyway, hopefully, the ratings will take a tumble next week. We can only hope.
    AmyKay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I wonder if someone can clear for me, a friend told me that all the Kardashian shows had been cancelled or at least are not airing anymore due to the big hoo haa about Kim's divorce. That makes no sense to me, unless due to the holidays they are either repeating the episodes or are taking a short break.
    I believe I read that their Holiday special was canceled... due to schedule conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    I believe I read that their Holiday special was canceled... due to schedule conflicts.
    Oh, DARN! Because nothing says Christmas to me like the Kardashians...NOT!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

Oh, dear. Now I'm flashing on the possibilities for a Kardashian holiday special. Like A Kardashian Christmas Carol--Kris is pretty obsessed with marketing her family, so I think she could probably manage Scrooge. Or It's a Wonderful Kardashian Life, where it's made clear that you're rich because you have contacts rather than friends.

Wow....I actually felt badly for Scott after watching this past episode. How sad......Wonder if the girls/ladies would've been happy if Kris H. and Scott had a hot naked girl fitness instructor in the suite? Guessing...NO.

FORT Newbie

Has anyone heard the rumor that Kris and Bruce are headed for divorce? I heard it on the radio today. Not sure how reliable the rumor is. Basically, they said that Bruce is tired of Kris concentrating so much on her daughters and their "empire". Said that he is finally standing up for himself. From watching the show, this honestly would not surprise me in the least bit! Just wondering if there is any truth to the rumors.

Then again, I also heard a rumor that Kourtney is pregnant again. And that Kylie is dating some Australian pop star. Seriously, whenever I turn on the radio, they are talking about some Kardashian rumor. It's really annoying!! I used to enjoy the show as a guilty pleasure, but not anymore.
    Debb70 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    And I didn't see the show Sunday night but saw on Yahoo that Kim had a naked yoga instructer in the apartment which caused a blow-up. First of all, I wonder who would even think of having a naked yoga instructer. I don't care how good looking he was, EEUUUWWW!!! Second of all, Kim's reaction to her husband getting angry about it was to say he was immature. Yeah, and I sure anyone I know would be ok with their wife having a naked man work out with her.
    Not disagreeing with the points you made in your post, but just for the record (seeing as you didn't watch the episode) it was actually KOURTNEY, not Kim who found the naked Yoga classes and INSISTED that they have him come to the hotel suite and give a Yoga class to not only Kim, but also some of their friends and/or employees. Kourtney also wanted EVERYONE to be naked, not just the Yoga instructor!!! Kim was totally against the idea, but crazy Kourtney went ahead with it anyway. The Yoga instructor did conduct the class naked, but Kim and all of the women were fully dressed during the whole class.

I was actually surprised at Kim's reaction to Kris being appalled when he came in and found the Yoga teacher naked, because she had been appalled herself. I think when she told Kris he was being 'immature' --- she was just caught up in the argument and was trying to be right --- rather than anything else.

Thanks for your clarification as I only saw the clip on Yahoo.
    I have to say that it seems to be a characteristic of Kim on the show that she doesn't stick to what she feels is right. I saw an earlier episode about posing for Playboy that she was opposed to at first and then showed more and more skin and was happy with it. And wasn't there a magazine cover not too long ago that they also showed more than she'd initially agreed on? If I remember correctly, she was furious and then admitted later that, once again, she was happy with it. It doesn't seem that she has much character or strength of conviction as she is portrayed on the show.
    Debb70 likes this.

I heard the rumor about Bruce and Kris having difficulty, but honestly, I suspect it is something that Kris Jenner started herself to keep attention on them. She will probably film the arguments and feature the split in a tv special! She'll call it. Bruce and Kris:A Fairytale Marriage Ends. We'll get to see them going to the attorney's office, dividing the furniture and photos, crying and telling the kids, etc. You get it. THen just before the divorce is final, they magically reconcile ON CAMERA! Yeah, I know how that woman works.

If it is really true. RUN BRUCE RUN!
    norealityhere likes this.

+ Reply to Thread