+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109 ... LastLast
Like Tree398Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

FORT Fogey

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Considering Kim herself has said she's a bit OCD about things being clean and in order, they should have put her on clean up duty after Thanksgiving dinner, instead of having her serve up the gravy.

I checked on line to see what she actually did. She was on gravy duty as part of a celebrity team including Jennifer Love Hewitt, Blair Underwood, and Mel Gibson's ex-wife. The Thanksgiving dinner is organized every year by Kirk Douglass and his wife.

I wonder if someone can clear for me, a friend told me that all the Kardashian shows had been cancelled or at least are not airing anymore due to the big hoo haa about Kim's divorce. That makes no sense to me, unless due to the holidays they are either repeating the episodes or are taking a short break.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

In this 1st episode of Kim, Kris, Kourtney and Scott moving in together in the hotel suite, I was really bothered by what's going on with all 4 of them. First of all, their moving in together turned out to be the worst idea ever, and was probably partially responsible for a lot of what went wrong. Starting with Kourtney and Scott --- yes, Scott is a bit of a bad boy-wild child in a man's body, but Kourtney doesn't help matters by being overly critical and on his case every minute of the day and night. And she has totally turned into a nut job, taking things way to far with her parenting style and her new holistic lifestyle. Not that, in moderation, it wouldn't be okay, but she's taking everything too far, and then insisting that everyone else live that way too. And sharing a room and a bed with baby Mason to the total exclusion of Scott --- probably not her best decision either. And of course Scott, can't deal with any of it --- it would be hard for him to behave properly even under the best of circumstances --- and we do have to give him credit for really loving Kourtney and the baby, and for the last year he's been really trying --- but it looks like he's going back to his old ways of over indulgence in booze and who knows what else????? And Kourtney just doesn't get her part in all of this. . .

And Kim and Kris --- what a mis-match!!! I don't even know where to begin. It's like, not only don't their lives and personalities work well with each other, but there's virtually no compromise from either one of them. I just cringed through the whole episode, and it kept getting worse and worse. And apparently, they haven't even shown the bad stuff yet. These are two people who definitely should have thought long and hard before they seriously considered marriage --- and they definitely should have lived together first.

It only goes to prove...that you have to know someone before you marry them...it seems like both Kim & Kris knew nothing about each other...so it's no surprise this marriage failed as fast as it did

Since I believe it was all a setup and they knew before they got married that this is what would happen, all in advance, it the show lacks any credibility IMO.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
    It only goes to prove...that you have to know someone before you marry them...it seems like both Kim & Kris knew nothing about each other...so it's no surprise this marriage failed as fast as it did
    You're right! And it isn't only the length of time you're with someone that determines how well you know them --- there are obviously other factors as well. Kim and Kris dated 9 months before they got engaged, but in spite of that length of time, they apparently didn't know a thing about each other when they got married --- And yet, oddly enough, Khloe and Lamar decided to get married the first week they met and they actually got married one MONTH after they first met. And they are like 2 peas in a pod and seem to be deleriously happy together. Total luck, of course, but it does occasionally happen.

FORT Fogey

My husband and I dated for only four months before we became engaged. We are now in our fourteenth year of marriage. Some of it is knowing each other, and some is taking marriage vows seriously. Kim and Kris have made a mockery of themselves and the institution of marriage. It was either a true set-up, or they are just two jerks who could not commit to a thing. Either way they disgust me, and wish they would take all their money and move somewhere where they are out of my sights. To think they thought they were anywhere near an American royal wedding shows that we have a big problem in this Country if we think this is our royalty.
    Moontat likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I wonder if someone can clear for me, a friend told me that all the Kardashian shows had been cancelled or at least are not airing anymore due to the big hoo haa about Kim's divorce. That makes no sense to me, unless due to the holidays they are either repeating the episodes or are taking a short break.
    Every time I flip past E!, they seem to be running a rerun of one or another of the Kardashian shows, and immediately after the divorce was announced, they ran the wedding special constantly. I don't think E! has any intention of canceling the shows. If anything, they're on more.

Now, over the holiday break, like a lot of cable stations, they seemed to be showing more movies, but I think that's more that they preferred not to show new episodes of anything when they thought people were less likely to be watching television. By Sunday night, the networks were pretty much back to normal and that's when they started the new Kardashian series--which I've heard did very well in the ratings, though I didn't see it myself. If they do well in the ratings, E! will be happy to keep right on airing their shows until they take over the network. Anyone else remember when Bravo actually was an arts and entertainment network that showed plays and independent films instead of millionaire housewives and matchmakers?
    Moontat likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    You're right! And it isn't only the length of time you're with someone that determines how well you know them --- there are obviously other factors as well. Kim and Kris dated 9 months before they got engaged, but in spite of that length of time, they apparently didn't know a thing about each other when they got married --- And yet, oddly enough, Khloe and Lamar decided to get married the first week they met and they actually got married one MONTH after they first met. And they are like 2 peas in a pod and seem to be deleriously happy together. Total luck, of course, but it does occasionally happen.
    You're right that a lot of it can be a simple matter of luck, but in Kim and Kris's case, I wonder if the fact that they both have very busy schedules meant that the nine months they knew each other before the wedding ended up not being that much actual time together. How often were they really in the same place at the same time? It's harder to get to know someone if you're miles apart constantly.

If the marriage was for real to begin with, I doubt that producer driven shenanigans would help it any. If there's stress in a marriage, (and there can be rough times in the beginning,)would it help it to move in with your sister and her crazy baby-daddy? And I didn't see the show Sunday night but saw on Yahoo that Kim had a naked yoga instructer in the apartment which caused a blow-up. First of all, I wonder who would even think of having a naked yoga instructer. I don't care how good looking he was, EEUUUWWW!!! Second of all, Kim's reaction to her husband getting angry about it was to say he was immature. Yeah, and I sure anyone I know would be ok with their wife having a naked man work out with her.
    Again, IF the marriage was real, I think they would have a rough go of it no matter what due to the show. Khloe, being a less important character in the franchise, was "messed with" less, imo. Or maybe Kim would do anything for ratings?

+ Reply to Thread