+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 110 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106 ... LastLast
Like Tree384Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

FORT Fogey

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

I just read that Kim's wedding plan estimated that a wedding of the time that Kim had would run six million dollars, but that she didn't pay that because so many things were comped or loaned to them. I also could have sworn I read that E! paid them more than six million to air the wedding. If that's the case, how can Kris Jenner claim that Kim funneled all the money and more of her own into the wedding, so they didn't really profit from the E! deal at all (except, of course, that it gave her more money to throw at the wedding...Kris' logic just makes no sense).

FORT Fogey

Heather McDonald, frequent panelist on Chelsea Lately, is auctioning off her invitation and bulletin/program from Kim Kardashian's wedding on e-bay and will be donating the proceeds to a charity that supports equal rights for the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered (didn't catch the name of the charity).

Nothing about Kris Jenner or the Kardashian family makes any sense!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Heather McDonald, frequent panelist on Chelsea Lately, is auctioning off her invitation and bulletin/program from Kim Kardashian's wedding on e-bay and will be donating the proceeds to a charity that supports equal rights for the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered (didn't catch the name of the charity).
    Why would anyone want this? The seller (I have no idea who she is) is no different than the Kardashians...wanting that 15 min of fame.
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    Why would anyone want this? The seller (I have no idea who she is) is no different than the Kardashians...wanting that 15 min of fame.
    Well, to hear Kris and Kim tell it, they have these legions of devoted fans who are loyal to Kim. Surely one of them will want it.

Heather McDonald is a stand-up comic and she's written a book as well. She jokes about being a fame-whore, but I don't think she's really looking for fifteen minutes of fame, because she's already on television fairly frequently, and it isn't the kind of thing that's likely to affect her bookings much one way or another. Nor is it really the kind of thing that's likely to draw all that much attention to her--I heard about it only because they mentioned it at the end of Chelsea's show tonight. I did think it was kind of funny that they announced it there, since they're also on E!, which has been running that stupid wedding special non-stop lately, while they've been making fun of the whole thing from the very beginning.

As for being no different than the Kardashians, she's not being paid thousands of dollars to attend her own parties, so far as I know, nor is she marketing every aspect of her life 24/7. It's not like I'm a big Heather McDonald fan, but at least she established her own career without having it tied to her family or having it based essentially on how she looks and little else. Oh, yeah, and her marriage has lasted long enough to have two kids, so I assume it's well past 72 days in length, and I'm pretty sure she wasn't paid millions of dollars for her wedding either.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Nothing about Kris Jenner or the Kardashian family makes any sense!
    Well, that's certainly true. I can't even figure out what the deal is with Kris Jenner's sudden choice to appear constantly in black, often black lace, with the occasional white collar. Is she making a fashion statement? Trying to look like a post-modern pilgrim? Mourning the current condition of the Kardashian reputation and how it affects her "brand" (it kills me when she refers to the family as a "brand" as if they're products more than people).

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Well, that's certainly true. I can't even figure out what the deal is with Kris Jenner's sudden choice to appear constantly in black, often black lace, with the occasional white collar. Is she making a fashion statement? Trying to look like a post-modern pilgrim? Mourning the current condition of the Kardashian reputation and how it affects her "brand" (it kills me when she refers to the family as a "brand" as if they're products more than people).
    Wow! I bothers me too when she refers to her "family" as a "brand"....but I guess they are now. I'm surprised she hasn't changed Kendall and Kylie's last names from Jenner to Kardashian. Yuck.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Wow! I bothers me too when she refers to her "family" as a "brand"....but I guess they are now. I'm surprised she hasn't changed Kendall and Kylie's last names from Jenner to Kardashian. Yuck.
    Interesting point, jennifer, and I totally agree. Fortunately for Kris, the show biz community is pretty familiar with family members who have different last names (for example Charlie Sheen and Emilio Estevez), so I think Kendall and Kylie will get all the Kardashian 'pomp and circumstance' that they need.

In regard to Kim's marriage and divorce, I am really looking forward to the new NY show, if only because I think the real truth regarding the break down of the relationship will begin to emerge in the episodes. Although probably rightly so, people are being very hard on Kim regarding her decisions, and I think that when we all see for ourselves how this marriage just was not going to work --- and all the pain and distress it caused, then perhaps people will lay off Kim a bit. My personal feeling is that IF (and it's a big IF) the marriage was just a sham set up, then all of the Kardashians fully deserve all of the backlash they're getting. BUT if it was just a poor decision by Kim, with good intent but perhaps poor judgment, then I feel very sorry for Kim and all the crap that she has to deal with from the public.
    jenniferboston1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Kim is making millions of dollars on our watch. I am sorry I do not feel sorry for her one single bit. If you are going to use the public to make millions and become famous, do not whine when we turn on you. Every single thing they do is televised, so it is their choice to put it out there. Who would care if any of our random neighbor divorced in 72 days that is right noone. These people make me sick because they want the public than when our opinion is sour it is poor them. She is too much of a fame whore to be making such silly choices. Getting married that fast was stupid, and I am sorry I do not feel sorry for her for being so stupid.
    Moontat, chitex3 and Debb70 like this.

Have you guys seen where Kris Jenner has been traveling from show to show promoting her new book? In the book she talks about her supposed "best friend," Nicole Simpson, who was murdered in the 1990's. Kris' ex-husband defended O.J. in the trial. Anyway, Nicole's sister, Denise, has come out and called Kris a LIAR for what she says in the book about Nicole. I believe the sister. Shame on Kris.
    Moontat likes this.

+ Reply to Thread