+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast
Like Tree388Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

I am not even sure why this bugs people so much. I know someone who got divorced in a shorter time than this. I paid $400 for a Maid of Honor dress for a wedding that lasted 60 days. I can understand the family,wedding guests and the parents being upset over this and the bridal party that took time to be in the wedding party. All of the world and the the United states, though reeks of much a do about nothing or Manufactured outrage. Kim K is a grown woman and if she wants to marry and divorce in 2 minutes its her business.
    Frankly I wouldn't marry a man anyhow who has no job. Kris Humphries is no Michael Jordan,Kobe Bryant and not even a Ron Artest. He may well not ever work in the NBA again. I say goodbye to bad rubbage. It would be nice if real news made such a flap with the world
    AcookerTV likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    So the latest is that she is making a $200,000 donation to the Dream Foundation. And then I assume keeping all the gifts. Classy, Kim, real classy.

As for not making a profit, its all in how they spin it. Yes, they made a profit from sales of the wedding pictures to the tabloids. According to the article I read, they put that money back into the wedding to make it the over the top monstrosity it was! So I guess they can spin it that they didn't make a profit, because in reality they immediately took the money they made and spent it on making that garish affair even more ridiculous. I honestly hope this backlash doesn't die - because each of them coming out and continuing to try and spin it is just continuing to make them look dumber and dumber.
    Mama Kris was on the Today Show this morning. She verified what you said about the money--she's claiming that Kim made no money on the wedding, because everything she was paid, plus millions more of her own personal funds, went to pay for the wedding. Perhaps Kris and her family has so much money that she no longer gets it: it doesn't matter what she used the money for--she could have spent it all on gumballs--Kim was still paid millions of dollars for the rights to her wedding. It's just a weird argument for most people: oh, she didn't earn any money for the wedding, because she spent all of it, plus more on the wedding itself, because she wanted something so over the top huge that she needed millions upon millions to pay for it, so she actually lost money on the deal. Um, most people aren't paid anything for their weddings and expect to lose money on the deal. It's not a business transaction. It's a party celebrating your marriage. On top of that, a lot of people, if handed millions of dollars, probably wouldn't spend so much of it on a wedding, which is, after all, only one day out of your life and doesn't need to be such an extravaganza to be meaningful. With so many people struggling out there, saying Kim lost millions of her own money on the wedding isn't going to garner all that much sympathy. Instead, it's likely going to make people wonder once again why she needed to spend so much in the first place.

Kris also went on about how they live their lives for their fans. It was all very surreal. She honestly seems to think that her family's purpose is literally to be a spectacle for the rest of the world to watch. Why, I'm not sure. I'm equally puzzled as to why she thinks that justifies anything they do as being somehow interesting.

Oh, yeah, she also said the cost of Kim's ring has been exaggerated. It's not worth two million dollars. It's worth somewhere between one and one and a half million dollars. Again, does she think that somehow people will find that $500,000 difference will make it seem more reasonable? It's still a ton of money to spend on a single piece of jewelry, even if it is as important as an engagement ring.

I also don't get the donation to the charity as some kind of exchange for keeping the wedding gifts, as I'm sure she'll deduct the donation on her taxes. If all the guests had been encouraged to make charitable donations in lieu of gifts, they'd be the ones getting to make the deductions (and good for Kathy Lee for saying she gave them some candles and then gave money to a charity in their name, because they already have enough money to buy whatever they'd want, so she thought it was more appropriate to give a small token of affection and send the rest of the money to people who really do need it). Also, unless a lot of people did what Kathy Lee did, given her gift registry and the size of her wedding, I'd say $200,000 is on the low side of the worth of all those gifts.
    Minney likes this.

Only one to a half million! Oh that is so much better! For goodness sake! These people need to live a moment in the real world and work!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Only one to a half million! Oh that is so much better! For goodness sake! These people need to live a moment in the real world and work!
    It really was bizarre to watch Kris saying that as if she actually believed it. She also said a number of times that if the media picks something up and says it, then everyone suddenly believes it's true. Isn't that what she's using the media to do--say something, have the media pick it up, and then expect people to believe it?

She also said she wasn't trying to speak for Kim, when obviously, she was. If she wasn't trying to speak for Kim, why is she suddenly on every outlet she can be on? I realize she has a book that's just come out, but she's not really talking about that. If she was booked on these shows to talk about her book, then she should make it clear that's what she's going to talk about, as opposed to Kim. Or she could simply have postponed the appearances for a week or two. It's not like any other members of the family, other than Kim, seem to be making public statements about it.

FORT Fogey

This is the kind of show that is ruining reality tv. Reality tv started out with so much more reality to it, and it was very entertaining, and probably why even this site was started. Now it is all about stunts, casting of models and wannabe actors, and staged scenes. Not only do I hope that the Kardashian fifteen minutes is soon to be over, but I fear that reality tv is going to end if it keeps getting trashier and trashier.

I am also sickened by the amount of people I know both personally and from the news that are suffering so much in this economy, and people like the Kardashians and them idiots from Jersey Shore are profiting so much. It is very hard to be positive in this world when you see that.

As for Kris H. I think that he was paid to play this role. I think he knew his career was never going anywhere, and this would garner him attention. I think all he was in the dark about was the fact that these people would be so hard to deal with even short term.

I also agree with the above poster that Khloe is not from Robert Kardashian. I truly believe that she is Bruce Jenner's child with Kris. She looks too much like the other two girls and the aspects they got from Bruce.

I pay half attention sometimes. That might be my strength or my weakness. If you pay attention to everything, you'd be really alarmed. I like what you said Much a do about nothing.

In my partial absence I missed that Kim said about gays and cheapening the institution of marriage. People are mad about that. If I were upset people's mom, I would say there is always going to be self involved people that hurt others feelings like that. But most (75% ? Just my lizard guess...I am Aries though, thriving on truth and winning) are kind and gain happiness from others happiness. Some unhappy people think they can gain happiness through others not being happy. Why? I do not know. Lizard's explanation of Kim: She wants things just for herself. Marriage should be just for herself. I will put an order into the wizard for a heart and a brain (along with an order for myself for confidence.). I thought I would mention this. No. I did not know what Kim had said about marriage before. Mother Lizard says do not be bothered with her.
    Last edited by Lizard; 11-03-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    The only Kardashian special that I want to see from this point forward is Khloe take a DNA test to show who her father is. She looks and is nothing like Kim/Kourtney. My guess is Kris was having a little side action with Bruce before leaving her husband.
    That's interesting. I never heard that before. But what about Robert? I think he is the youngest of Kris' kids with her first husband.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    That's interesting. I never heard that before. But what about Robert? I think he is the youngest of Kris' kids with her first husband.

I did a little checking. So far as I can tell, the whole "who's Khloe's daddy" argument is, at this point, just gossip. Personally, I don't see that strong a resemblance between Khloe and the Jenner girls. For that matter, Kim and Kourtney may be similar sizes, but they're not mirror images of each other either. Not every family has kids that look exactly alike. Doesn't mean they're not full siblings.

At any rate, if it's true that Bruce and Kris met and married in six months, it's impossible that he's her biological father. Could that be a lie? Sure. Could it be the truth? Sure. In the book Kris just released, she claims her marriage to Robert fell apart because she cheated with someone named Ryan. She also claims she was stringing along both Robert and a pro golfer and when the golfer dumped her, she married Robert. Meanwhile, Scott Dissick apparently was suggesting at one point that Khloe was the result of an affair Kris had with a pool boy.

However, Robert seems to have regarded Khloe as his and she certainly regarded him as her father. So what difference does it make?

When I was asking about Robert, I meant the son Robert Kardashian. He is the baby of the kids Kris supposedly had with Robert Kardashian. (ON DWTS now.) It would be odd that she conceived Khloe with Bruce, then later, had another child with her husband.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who doesn't see any resemblance of Khole in any other Kardashian. Didn't Kris admit to having an affair when she was married to Robert Kardashian? In any case this is a personal family thing & is really not any of my business.
    Children born during a marriage, unless confirmed differently, the husband in the marraige is considered the father biological or not. I only know this because my EX wanted a DNA test on my youngest son when my son was 18. Weird man who didn't want to pay child support for his child for the few months the kid had left in high school & he was told DNA would not matter since the child was conceived during the marraige he was automatically the father.
    Last edited by PA Snow Bunny; 11-03-2011 at 01:04 PM.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread