+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 110 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast
Like Tree384Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Quote Originally Posted by Minney View Post
    The fact that both E! and Mama Kris continue to claim that Kim made NO money on the wedding and in fact paid for much of it herself is such a joke! Do they really think we don't understand how reality tv shows work, or televised weddings? They made oodles of cash and were given free-bees at every turn. Don't insult us!
    Kim may not have made allot of money from the E show wedding farce BUT she was COMP'ED in the the vicinity of $10mil for that wedding. THREE dresses, who the heck has not one not two but THREE wedding dresses. Come on. E paid Vera Wang. See this is where Kris J conveniently leaves out the fact that Kim was GIVEN FOR FREE all those wedding perks.

Why E, why the heck did you spend that amount of money on this FARCE.

We just have so much stress in this country and to see this SHAM going on and people all over our USA have no jobs, losing their homes as a result of no work, sick with no health insurance due to lost jobs. Its just is disturbing to me that crap like this with the KarTrashians is all over the media. Why don't they all just go away. OR OR OR stand the heck up and make some MOMUMENTAL donation to some of our Homeless Shelters and Soup Kitchens in this country.

E please please please PULL that crap wedding off the air.
    mindy384 and Debb70 like this.
    KAREN

FORT Fanatic

Anyone who believe that wedding was anything but a farce is a moron and I feel bad for you. The only person more gullible then rubes that fell for this is Kris Humphries. I really think he was too stupid to see the writing on the wall here. From what I've seen on TV the last couple of days, he really had the rug ripped from under him. There is not one part of me that believe Kim actually gave a crap about him and did this 100% for the money. If she did, then she should turn over every dime to some charity or to people in need.
    My only hope is that the backlash from this will crush this family back into obscurity where they belong. This country/world was a hell of a lot better when the name Kardashian was mentioned and people only though of a guy who helped a murderer walk free.
    Im assuming that pimp of a mother is currently devising a plan in which those other two girls will be shoved down everyone throats. I wouldn't be surprised if when the oldest turns 18, a sex tape is 'leaked' to the public just like Kims was.
    mindy384, Moontat and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fanatic

Kim will keep "the gift" since she paid for it. Hump didn't have that kind of money, plus he was the only one gullible enough to fall for this farce! Seriously, Reggie Bush would not have gone along with this stunt! Blah, blah, blah Kris Jenner, sounding like Khate, I'm a mom first!
    Debb70 likes this.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    About the ring - legally the ring is considered consideration for the promise to marry, not a gift. If the marriage happens, it is the bride's to keep (because she kept up her half of the contract). If the marriage doesn't happen, the ring is supposed to be returned to the groom. This is what ticked me off about Crystal Harris - although maybe Hef told her to keep the ring. But absent that, it was not hers to sell.

Gifts - according to People.com, she intends to make a donation to charity. I also have no idea how this works. She can't really return all the gifts to the stores - I remember that hassle when I got married - without the receipt, you only get store credit. So is she taking them back, taking the credit and then coming out of pocket? Maybe, but I doubt it. Another publicity stunt, I'm sure.

As for their 15 minutes fading, I would like to hope so. I can't figure out why this family is famous, except for the fact that they are always in our faces. But again, like Kate Gosselin, I was amazed looking at the comments on People.com to some of the stories. This family has some pretty rabid, loyal fans.
    If the gifts can't be returned for cash to be donated to charities, then she could auction them off online and donate all the proceeds. Gifts can also be returned to the givers. Both possibilities seem simple and obvious enough. Let's see what she does.
    Debb70 likes this.

I have never watched even one minute of the Kardashian shows, but I so agree with you, momrek06. Kim Kardashian made money off of that wedding by simply not having to actually PAY for it herself. But, as I read above, she did spend $150,000 on her makeup for the wedding. Really? How is that possible? The bottom line is Kim K had an extravagant sham of a wedding - no matter how much or how little money actually came out of her own pocket.

I think that Kim and the rest of the Kardashian clan did not expect the backlash that they are now getting since Kim decided to file for divorce after only 72 days of marriage. I personally don't understand the fascination with the Kardashians. I first heard of Kim Kardashian when that sex tape surfaced, and didn't she used to hang out with Paris Hilton? I just find it so sad that either of those two is considered a role model by our younger generation.

Wasting such a massive amount of money on a wedding (that is now looking like a huge sham) just brings to the forefront how "out of balance" everything has gotten in this world. While people in this country struggle to feed their families or to keep their homes, televising this wedding just drove home how out of touch the Kardashians are with what is going on in the world around them.....as evidenced by the fact that Kim's bridal registry included a lot of very expensive items rather than requesting that EVERYONE donate to a worthwhile charity instead.
    Moontat and Debb70 like this.

FORT Newbie

I kept wanting to say something but all of you have said everything I wanted to say and alot better. Thanks!
    Let me add one thing, she drops this bomb and then runs off to Austraila. Tell me that wasn't planned. Trash.
    Debb70 likes this.

So the latest is that she is making a $200,000 donation to the Dream Foundation. And then I assume keeping all the gifts. Classy, Kim, real classy.

As for not making a profit, its all in how they spin it. Yes, they made a profit from sales of the wedding pictures to the tabloids. According to the article I read, they put that money back into the wedding to make it the over the top monstrosity it was! So I guess they can spin it that they didn't make a profit, because in reality they immediately took the money they made and spent it on making that garish affair even more ridiculous. I honestly hope this backlash doesn't die - because each of them coming out and continuing to try and spin it is just continuing to make them look dumber and dumber.
    Debb70 likes this.

I saw a list somewhere (I'll try to find it and copy it here) of all the things related to the wedding that she'd been paid for. It was not just the wedding, although the rights to pictures from the wedding sold for a bunch. Interviews, access, pictures, not just about the wedding but of and about the honeymoon as well...they sold everything they could and got most things for the wedding free anyway. They estimated she made something like 5 million altogether.

It's so sad how much free stuff celebrities get from companies wanting them to use their product. The moer money you make as a celebrity of any kind the more money people throw at you.
    Debb70 likes this.

I heard Kathie Lee Gifford, (Kim's Godmother, poor thing. Can you imagine?Uhhhhh.) say on The Today Show that she gave the couple candles for their wedding gift and then made a donation to charity in their name. Good idea Kathy. She knew this was a sham.

I really wish Kathie Lee would stop mentioning the "K" name on her show. IT makes her look like an idiot.

FORT Fanatic

The only Kardashian special that I want to see from this point forward is Khloe take a DNA test to show who her father is. She looks and is nothing like Kim/Kourtney. My guess is Kris was having a little side action with Bruce before leaving her husband.

+ Reply to Thread