+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 119 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast
Like Tree502Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

FORT Fogey

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Khloe picked a partner that helps reel her in and in some sense parent her. Lamar is a very mature patient man. Kris is a pompous testosterone driven child. Combine that with Kim who is a narcissistic overblown windbag and of course it is going to fail. Plus as stated above Kris Jenner is more interested in Kim so Khloe gets to have a life of her own.

I disagree with above though that say their family dynamic is great. I see too much fighting, noses in business, and just annoying each other period. I do not fight with my siblings because we do not hang around daily with each other so we value the time we spend together. We all have are own lives and get together with our families and spend quality time, but not over the top time like this family.

As far as the wedding gifts go, that bothers me less than the fact that E paid for this wedding and sponsors or whomever, and it could have impacted people way more. So much could have been done with that money in this economy.

Kim would get to keep the ring in most jurisdictions as it is considered a gift. The engagement ring as well as they went through with the marriage. Had they not gone through with the marriage then the engagement ring would have been up for discussion on who gets to keep that.

I think they have kind of a sick, co-dependent family. Who is, again, famous simply because they're famous. And the few times I've drifted past this show in channel surfing I didn't see anything special about any of them. I always thought Khloe was kind of outcast. So I did really enjoy her comment in the Kathie Lee article too.

I read that Kris Humpries did not pay for the ring. The article did not say who had paid for it.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    I read that Kris Humpries did not pay for the ring. The article did not say who had paid for it.
    Probably E!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

The fact that both E! and Mama Kris continue to claim that Kim made NO money on the wedding and in fact paid for much of it herself is such a joke! Do they really think we don't understand how reality tv shows work, or televised weddings? They made oodles of cash and were given free-bees at every turn. Don't insult us!
    mindy384 and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

I'd have more respect for all of them if they'd just admit the truth that the whole thing was profitable for both Kim and E!. After all, lots of soap opera actors have made a lot of money having weddings on TV, and the audiences were entertained. I thought the wedding special was entertaining, so I have no problems with the whole charade. But it does annoy me that they think I'm stupid enough to believe a lie like they're offering now.

Does anyone else find it in very bad taste & horrible that Kris K felt the need to bring up OJ's wife to promote her new book? She is shameless. If she could of saved that woman from OJ, why didn't she? Good friend, NOT!
    Debb70 likes this.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Kris Jenner and her adult kids are such liars and are shameless. They are so desperate for attention that it is pathetic. Kris Jenner strikes me as someone so desperate for publicity that if she were taken off her tv shows, she might rob a bank just to get the media coverage. It's really disgusting.

The only thing that I think might work is if the sponsors for the Kardashian shows are boycotted as long as they sponsor Kardashian and Jenner programing. That's the only thing I can think of that might cause the sponsors to pull out. Even Ryan Seacrest can't save them with no sponsors.

I think their 15 minutes are rapidly coming to an end. I have never watched their show, didn't watch "the wedding" & never will. The only talent this family possesses is a sex tape.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

About the ring - legally the ring is considered consideration for the promise to marry, not a gift. If the marriage happens, it is the bride's to keep (because she kept up her half of the contract). If the marriage doesn't happen, the ring is supposed to be returned to the groom. This is what ticked me off about Crystal Harris - although maybe Hef told her to keep the ring. But absent that, it was not hers to sell.

Gifts - according to People.com, she intends to make a donation to charity. I also have no idea how this works. She can't really return all the gifts to the stores - I remember that hassle when I got married - without the receipt, you only get store credit. So is she taking them back, taking the credit and then coming out of pocket? Maybe, but I doubt it. Another publicity stunt, I'm sure.

As for their 15 minutes fading, I would like to hope so. I can't figure out why this family is famous, except for the fact that they are always in our faces. But again, like Kate Gosselin, I was amazed looking at the comments on People.com to some of the stories. This family has some pretty rabid, loyal fans.

+ Reply to Thread