+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 110 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast
Like Tree390Likes

Thread: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

FORT Fanatic

Re: Keeping Up With the Kardashians

Good going Kim, you timed this to your mom's book release, and the opening of the Dash store in Las Vegas! It's all about the timing!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3 View Post
    Good going Kim, you timed this to your mom's book release, and the opening of the Dash store in Las Vegas! It's all about the timing!
    Don't forget that it's also November sweeps, and Kim and Courtney take New York is just starting, so everyone can watch and see just how the marriage broke down. Oh, yeah, and her brother is on DWTS at the moment too.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone know the rule on whether they should return the wedding gifts or not? I bet they received some VERY expensive gifts. IMO keeping them under trhe circumstances is just tacky.

What will Kim do with her diamond ring?
    etiquette states that if a marriage fails within the first year then you should return all wedding presents..I would be embarrassed to keep them after just 72 days anyway
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    etiquette states that if a marriage fails within the first year then you should return all wedding presents..I would be embarrassed to keep them after just 72 days anyway
    Hopefully some people just made donations in their name to a needy charity. Otherwise, give the gifts BACK!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    Somehow, I don't think the Kardashians as a whole care that much about proper etiquette.
    AZChristian likes this.

Kathie Lee Gifford to Kim Kardashian: 'I don't want my gift back' This story was my favorite one thus far regarding the marriage and the gift situation.

FORT Fogey

According to E!, Mama Kris is now saying, with regard to the wedding gifts, that she thinks Kim will make a "ginormous" donation to a worthy charity or children's hospital as she quietly does so often.

First, I have a hard time believing the Kardashian clan does anything quietly, as they live their entire lives in front of the media. Second, I don't quite see the logic there. I assume she meant that Kim is giving the same amount her gifts were worth to a charitable cause. That's nice and all, but that doesn't exactly equate to returning the gifts, does it? Maybe the people who gave them would prefer to give the amount they paid for the gift to a different charity than the one Kim chooses--and really, will they ever know if she's really done that? For that matter, if she keeps the gifts and donates a huge amount of money to a charity, won't she be able to deduct the donation on her taxes, thus still not really "paying" anyone for the gifts?

I know it's a huge pain, but she should just do what everybody else in her position does and return the gifts. If she thinks that's annoying, she can hire someone to do it. Maybe she'll learn that next time around, she might just ask everyone to donate to a charity in the first place.

Oh, yeah, and apparently while gifts are supposed to be returned in the event of such a short marriage, the rings are supposed to be considered the property of those who received them, so she can keep the engagement ring and wedding band and Kris Humphries can keep his wedding band as well. I don't know why you'd want the rings, but I guess that's how it's done. I understand Crystal Harris sold the engagement ring Hef gave her. Perhaps Kim will do the same--and quietly give the money to a worthy charity, since apparently she does that all the time.
    Last edited by Tilden; 11-02-2011 at 01:01 AM.
    nanarama likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Kathie Lee Gifford to Kim Kardashian: 'I don't want my gift back' This story was my favorite one thus far regarding the marriage and the gift situation.
    I love that Khloe walked past Kathie Lee at the wedding reception and said, "I give it six months." From time to time, Khloe manages to make more sense than the other two. I can't say that I like any of them, but I think Khloe's smart to concentrate on her own marriage and pull away some from the rest of the family. But maybe that's easier for her, since Mama Kris seems less interested in trying to market her. And as fast as her courtship and marriage were, she seems to have made a better choice than either of her sisters have managed to make.
    mountaingirl70 and Moontat like this.

FORT Fogey

Honestly, what a farce. And to think that I dvr'd the bloody spectacle. There is so much wrong with this entire situation (including me watching it!) that I hope ratings plummet and they fade to black. I have always sensed that Khloe was more grounded in her relationship with Lamar, and eventhough she is crude, she fights for what she believes in. I actually enjoyed her and Lamar's series. *shaking my head*. It's all so screwy. I hope Kim suffers the same fate as Kate Gosselin... the only kardashian I am interested in watching now is Khloe.
    AmyKay and Ewok like this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70 View Post
    Honestly, what a farce.
    Farce is right!! The whole thing was one big publicity stunt! Crazy! I don't know what to think about the Kardashians anymore. I just know that I definitely don't want to watch them anymore. I'm over it.

+ Reply to Thread